Total votes : 515

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 pm
View Likes
Abigail_W. says...

I have a terrible habit of actually believing in the existence of fictional characters. I mean, deep down inside, I know they're imaginary, but I think about books and characters I've created as though they actually exist. It's a burden because it's difficult for me to kill off a character sometimes, even when it's essential to the plot line! I recommend not becoming as emotionally involved in your characters' lives as I am.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

In most of my stories, I "am" one of the characters, and I interact with the others in made-up situations pretty much all day long. It gets so annoying when I'm trying to sleep and nobody wants to shut up!
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:25 am
stargazer9927 says...

I feel so normal reading all these posts :)

My characters don't actually talk to me they stay in their own little world with no knowledge they're all made up. They're living their lives not knowing it's all in my head. The only time one has ever come close was when I had this awesome dream about one of my novels where I came to talk to some of my characters (not all) and I actually was talking to one of my main but side characters in his apartment. It was such an awesome dream and you better believe I wrote it down :)

A couple months later I had another dream about the same novel but this time I was somewhere else talking to someone different actually walking in a world I created. It was really cool and I think it helped me imagine what I was writing when I actually woke up. A month after that I had a dream about a different novel but this time I was only watching from afar not actually IN it. Either way that was also pretty cool :)

So yeah, unless you count my dreams which I didn't think about when I voted I've never had a character "talk" to me.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

They do. And they take particular pleasure in calling me mean names while they're at it.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 am
View Likes
Amberchelli says...

if the characters are talking to you, you may need some medical attention. ;D
**Lifes not about playing it safe, its about taking risks, because you never know what you'll find, and living every day to the fullest, because it will never be repeated**

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 am
peanut19 says...

Mine start wanting to talk and take action when I am trying to go to sleep. It's like they hate me or something, always kicking me in the head when I try to slip into subconsciousness.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 am
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

No, and I feel like the odd duck out when I say that.

It's more like I'm an eavesdropper/voyeur on their lives and dark secrets. They don't really do specific things, like have conversations or whatever, while they are in my head. Their story just sort of whirs around and I try to figure out what they would do next.

It's when I get them down on paper that they tend to surprise me. Like, I'll be writing a scene and suddenly it makes so much more sense for one character to say something (or, alternatively, it makes *no* sense for a character to say something) and then suddenly an entire scenario and backstory comes out of that line.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 am
View Likes
MOIMOW says...

Yeah they do, and you better believe I talk back. School, friends, family...few realize it, but there are waaay more people in the room than they thought. It confuses people. I'll give an example.

Me: Did you like the Harry Potter movie?

Character: No way. I've met Harry Potter, and that is not what happened. I don't like unrealistic movies.

Friend: Well, I guess-

Me: Newsflash: Your'e unrealistic.

Friend: Wha-?

Character: Your face is unrealistic.

Me: Ohhh, burn. I'm soooo hurt. Not.

Friend: I have to go anyway...

It's all good fun.
"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:12 am
View Likes
TylynRae says...

This question made me question whether I was schizophrenic or not lol. But I definitely think if you have good characters that you can find their personalities in the people around you, sort of making it seem as if they've really come to life. I mean, look at some of the iconic books of the series that have put out movies. Harry Potter and Edward Cullen. Rarely do I hear people say 'oh my gosh, Daniel Radcliffe was amazing!' its always. 'Harry Potter is such a heart throb' and always, Always, there are people talking about Edward Cullen, never realy acknowledging that our dearest R-Pat also starred in the Harry Potter series with a brief role =]

So yes, characters speak, and come to life, depending on how in depth you look into them =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:18 am
tgirly says...

I don't know which one to click, because they don't talk, but they definitely have their own personalities, and I learn more about them as I write.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:33 am
JabberHut says...

Snoink wrote:They don't really talk to me directly, but they do talk and it's strange. Mostly, I just eavesdrop in. The only reason why they really talk to me is if I write this situation, and they don't fit well in it, and they're like, "NO. This is what happened instead! See how much more horrible it is?" And it's pretty dramatic.

This! (Also much of what Gryph said above.) I'm just the historian for them. A historian who makes a lot of mistakes and, thus, gets reprimanded by them a lot. So yeah!
I make my own policies.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:11 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I get relationship advice from my characters.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm
tinny says...

No, but then they never really seem like real people in my mind. I'm not listening in on them whenever I write, I'm the one deciding what happens, without argument.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 pm
View Likes
Kagi says...

Nope, all my charchters are stubborn little things but I do tend to do a lot of pretending. I make up a story right then and there and talk to myself. And yes, I pretend to be both of the people so I have a little conversation with myself.

Some people are strange huh? :lol:
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster