16%
Pat Buchanan
15%

Total votes : 498

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:18 pm
Ghost42 says...

Yep I'm in the middle of Part 2 of my Eagle Talon Book. If you happen to read the first part feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think so i can make the books better!
If there is one thing I never go anywhere without, it's my pencil.
Another thing, if schools don't allow wepons, then why do they allow pens? Because, if the pen is mighter than the sword, doesn't that mean the pen is a wepon too?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 pm
TwinSeed says...

I'm writing a novella, if that counts.. I started on sudden inspiration and now have little places to go o-o I need some ideas before I can progress past the first chapter. Or add to the first chapter. Whichever I get the inspiration for first.
.We don't exist.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:58 pm
noninjaes says...

Yes: My first novel that's ever gotten past the first chapter. I am working away at it at the moment. I have posted the first chapter to give people a taste of what's to come.
novel.php?id=1526 :D :D
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 am
Cspr says...

I love how it says are you writing a novel. Singular. My life would be so much simpler if I went back to working on one novel, but I don't think I've done that since I was eleven/twelve. Hence, this post will be long. I apologize in advance.

-clears throat-

So, while I currently have too many ideas to account for, I have about four main 'projects'. I think. I also have dozens of 'starts' and a NaNoWriMo novel which is finished--but needs an overhaul. I'm currently working on two of them, but I've been thinking about finally writing two of them as well. It's a hazy process.

1. Coh and Mirabella Trilogy.
Yes. You heard me. It's a trilogy. That is my first project. A trilogy. It has a handful of main characters, too. The basic premise of the first book, "Twins of Volengrad", is: two children have to deal with the fallout of their family's death in a world ruled by the man who killed them. It's based in an AU and its world is populated by mythical beasts and humanoids--as well as the descendants of Sadunn. Sadunn is Atlantis--on their side. The geography switches from ancient Turkey to Scotland with perhaps some of my more familiar geography inadvertently mixed in. Also, there are witches and warlocks. You are right about your assumption that the twins are magic folk--humans who crossed with farion.
[You can find the first book's first chapter here: viewtopic.php?t=79599 ]

2. "Mythos".
"Mythos" is a book I think will be part of a series eventually. It's our world, only rocketed forward and with way more paranormal shiz. The premise is rather complex, but to make it simpler--think "The Wedding Date" (read a fanfic with the idea, never watched the movie) crossed with stuff by F. Paul Wilson with an emotionally stunted Amazon-like protag named Angela Kent.
Attempting to trick your (sometime) hunting partner into being your wedding date can be tricky--especially when there's a monster stealing people's hearts when they're still alive on the prowl. Just FYI.
[Link to first chapter: viewtopic.php?t=84532 ]

3. The HAZE Series.
The first book shares a title with the series. Its name is "Haze". I came up with the idea years ago but have never quite gotten it down. I've plotted it, written some of it in screenplay format, etc.--it's just never stuck. However, some things remain--three of which are our trio, Blaze, Booker, and Jacksin. Jacksin is the protag--an intelligent yet hickish rich boy who got cast aside to live with other family while his parents go through a harsh divorce. To make things worse, he's carrying something in his veins, his DNA, and it's about to rear it's ugly head (you've got to love his parents). Of course, they didn't know. The Monster knows, though, in all his insane glory--and he intends to take advantage. He's lonely, you know--with so few like him. So few berserkers. And for some reason he thinks involuntary Gladiator games are the best way to find the best of his kind--the ones that will help him take over the earth. Super-soldiers--the very thing Stalin wanted. And Jacksin and Blaze are right in the middle of it all.
Some snippets of the later books can be found on YWS but "Haze" hasn't made it here yet for obvious reasons. My short stories "Sampson" and "Barbara" are included in the HAZEverse. (If you check out "Barbara" ignore the first review. It's a flame and I've since overhauled the whole thing.)
[Link to "Sampson": viewtopic.php?t=76639 ]
[Link to "Barbara": viewtopic.php?t=76930 ]

4. "Lukewarm".
Lukewarm is a story based off an RP I made a looong time ago. The thoughts behind it were simple--What happened to the lukewarm spoken about in the Bible? And then it went to: What if they lived on and island? One from which they couldn't leave--like that one girl in Greek mythology? And then: People crashed on that island; always taunting Calypso. What would happen if people crashed on the lukewarm's island? Basically, I know the Bible and myth somewhat and had recently visited Cumberland Island.
I'm hoping to make it into a series eventually.
A few characters exist in both the RP world (GONE) and Lukewarm's. Luke is roughly the same (a godly Civil War soldier, underage and naive yet a killer all the same), same as Alys (a 50s lady of the night) and Stephen (a 20s bootlegger). Athena, Zeus, Pan, and Remus are included, if still minor characters. Richard, a character created by someone else who let me have the rights so I could make him part of the book, has been reborn as Angel. Then there's two new characters called Reese (a modern delinquent) and Emily (an 80s party girl).
It's a motley group and that leads to tension--but then you add in the fact the lukewarm have changed over the years. They also tend to hate humans--hate them to the point where eating them isn't exactly frowned upon.
No good luck comes to those who land on the shores of the lukewarm's island.
[Link to first chapter: viewtopic.php?t=77875 ]

5. Wakefield Syndrome (NaNoWriMo 2010).
One day you're going about your business. The world has grown--allowing live video to hop from your eyes to your computer if you so wish. Social networking has become the big thing. Teen pregnancy has gone down--because there's plenty of more things to keep people's attention. Realities that don't exist--but you can see them. Magnetic grids that let small hoppers, motorcycles, and tricycles to glide over them like marbles on glass.
Ann Wakefield is living in this world. Only, she's a recluse--hidden away from most technology as a slight technophobe and being slightly antisocial and generally private. She answers an old phone for her aunt, an artist, and acts as an answering machine--well, a modern one, anyway. Her friend Tatiana is helping.
Then something happens--an earthquake, not supposed to happen. She remembers hiding under a table, Tatiana and her, and then men--men at the door.
Then Ann Wakefield doesn't exist anymore.
Wakefield exists. Wakefield, W112. The one hundred and twelfth person with a name starting with w. She has no memories--only of the drafty, stone building and its luxurious courtyard of green, green grass.
Then she meets Darwin, the mutant (he calls himself an albino, but she can see him for what he is--wrong, wrong, wrong according to Society, according to her professors, according to the guards). He is a workman and he tells her things.
Tells her things that make her memory show her pictures she doesn't like.
Then he kidnaps her. Says she'll have her freedom back.
If only he could explain what that was.
(So, it's dystopian science fiction focusing on the mind of one girl--Ann Wakefield. It's simple and I'm thinking of ways to improve it, make it come to life, make it publishable. I'll link to the first horrible chapter, which needs editing but is posted. Feel free to send me pointers--that was my first science fiction story of any sort and it's still only my second (if you count steampunk as skiffy).)
(Link to (slightly edited in Nov. of last year first draft) chapter one: viewtopic.php?t=71594 ]
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:45 pm
View Likes
Wranna says...

I just finished outlining my novel and getting to know all of my characters, but I just started the first chapter, so wish me luck! :)
"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak" Albus Dumbledore
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" Albus Dumbledore

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 pm
dolwright says...

i am wriring a romantic fiction of which the title is CROSSROADS, though it's not finished yet, i'm in the concluding chapters, i'l put it in, and make sure to let you all know then.
'when I'm gone, my words will remain...
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 am
livurdestiny says...

No I just Joined I don't know how

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 am
View Likes
HereBeMonsters says...

matthewmazer wrote:What's with Pat Buchanan?

Ranger51 wrote:I don't even know who Pat Buchanan is, but I felt pulled to the name......

katngo73 wrote:I have a question, what does Pat Buchanan mean?

Don't any of you watch Futurama?! It's from the episode 'Future Stock'.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 pm
Elena_Ravenhill says...

I'm still writing but I have no encouragement to write the story anymore. Sadly, enough I look back at it and I'm still itchin to write more.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm
HomelessPorcupine says...

I have been attempting to write a novel for years now. Every time, I get a tiny bit written, then plan the whole novel out. Afterward, I have a hard time writing because I can never seem to get all of my scenes and characters to that state of absolute perfection. Lately though, I have made some headway due to a miraculous discovery: Word Wars.

So one of my novels is a little hush-hush right now. :P

I'm starting another one based on a short story I've almost completely written over the course of 2 Word Wars. The short story is about a man named Kayne who is the son of the Chief Captain of Canor's armies. It soon turns out that the peace Canor has enjoyed for hundreds of years is about to be shattered! The short story details an event that eventually leads to the fall of the entire kingdom.

The actual novel will take place many years after the events of the short story. Probably. Anyway, it will be about a boy and will involve magic (of a sort), swords, battles, politics, love and the meanings of honor, loyalty and friendship.
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:15 am
steward says...

Yes, it's about an orphan boy who enters a dream world by sleeping. He finds out that four other people acould also enter the dream world and that they have to save the both the dream world and their own by hunting 5 legendary objects before King Incubus does.
"Stay brave." -Steward

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun May 13, 2012 12:51 am
sarah2014grad says...

Why, yes I am. :)

Raina Thomas is lost. Her mother is comatose, and her only living relative is her old, rickety grandfather. Once contact is made with him, he promptly sends her off to Westview Prep School, a year-round boarding school five hours away from her mother. During the first week of her new hell, she finds a friend in her hour of need: Elaina Jordan. On the school's girl's soccer team, Elaina introduces her to the hottest, most attractive male thing on the planet: Isaac. Raina, of course, falls for him. The problem? Isaac is actually Mr. Singer. The soccer coach and the World History teacher. Well, hell.
LiveStrong. Be amazed at the little things. Life's too short to not fall in love with it.

Reviews: 4
Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm
JOV97 says...

Pat Buchanan.
You're my favourite.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 23, 2012 9:22 am
cm57105 says...

Yeah I 'm writing a novel it 's about this girl that that can see the future and joins this group called the night riders who have special abbilities with her friend, james but there after a group of people called the grimns who are bassicly vampires lol
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot