z

Young Writers Society

Which template do you like?

Which YWS skin/template do you like more?

YWS Standard
46%
YWS Dark
54%

Total votes : 121

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:42 pm
Eleanor Rigby says...

STANDARD!
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:54 pm
View Likes
smaur says...

I use Standard — I didn't actually know there was any other option until you mentioned it.

Now I'm having fun playing with all the funky colours ...

Seriously, though? I like Standard. Dark looks prettier, but Standard is bright and happy. And cuddly.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 am
View Likes
Misty says...

I'm using the gray..lol it just looks best to me

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:31 am
View Likes
plutogirl says...

I like the dark I can read it a lot longer than the other

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:25 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I like the lighter ones... it's easier to critique with a light screen, for me anyways.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:17 am
View Likes
David Guinness says...

I prefer Standard, and the effort in coding shows (something positive, in my opinion). I like the more slimline look, as well as just being more cheery and modern and YOUNG. Although the Dark is nice for novelty.
David Guinness

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:23 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Come on, peoples! You know you love the whiteness... ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:35 am
View Likes
Jennafina says...

For some reason, when I use the dark one, it makes a line across the left side of the window. It's about a centimeter thick. I can't click the links behind it.

Does anyone know why?
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:39 am
View Likes
deleted6 says...

Standard all though i investigate now.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:28 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I use Dark Purple. Always have. Yes, I'm boring. But I like the Dark better.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:46 am
View Likes
Nate says...

KayJuran wrote:
Just a couple of questions, Nate, if you don't mind..

a) how come it needs switching, anyway? Is it 'cause of memory, or just to make things simpler?

b) what's different with the logo? I've never noticed anything wrong, as I always use the same template.

EDIT:: Just checked on My YWS, and apparently I use YWS Dark, so I choose that. :P

Switching to just one makes things simpler for me. Right now, when I add or change something, I have to do it twice. I could deal with it when I had a lot of time on my hands, but I don't anymore. So having two different skins is really just a deterrent from adding or changing anything.

The logo on YWS standard is much better; a stack of books next to Young Writers Society. Bobo designed it, and it looks really nice. But for dark, it just says "Young Writers Society." It's alright, but boring.

Anyways, it's looking like YWS dark is the one people like more. Which is funny because it was only added after some people complained that YWS standard hurt their eyes. However, I'm gonna hold off on the change for now and actually look for an entirely new skin that combines what people like about both. YWS standard is warm and inviting, and YWS Dark is easier to read. The hunt is on!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:13 am
View Likes
Crayon says...

I'm really loving Dark, it is a lot easier to use than light and now i've changed over i stay on YWS longer because it doesnt hurt my eyes anymore!
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:23 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

I like standard because it's so warm and inviting and happy 'n' stuff, but I also like dark. Maybe I like Standard better because I made the logo lol. I'd be happy to make any logos you need, by the way.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:13 am
View Likes
Shine says...

I vote for yws dark,cuz the more bright it is the more best it is looks.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:44 am
View Likes
Areida says...

Eww... I'm with Jack. I've never been able to stand YWS Dark. It makes me feel like I should be playing some addictive medieval RPing game where the members spend more time editing their profiles and posting than they do sleeping, eating, or showering. But maybe that's just me. :P

I'm using YWS Purple right now. It's sooo purdy. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh