3%
Sometimes
9%

Total votes : 210

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 pm
Nate says...

I used to help out a lot with elementary age kids, and what always surprised was the number of cellphones these kids had. So now the question I pose to all of you is: Do you own a cellphone? Feel free to describe it as well!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:53 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

No. The last thing I want to do is recieve cancer from RF radiation. Actually, it is more a matter of money and convienence. I don't use the phone very often (to tell you the truth it is a little scary to even talk on the phone) and the last thing I need is for my parents to be able to reach me anywhere.

The only thing I can find useful about a cell phone is it is handy if someone or I am in personal danger. In a real disaster though, it would be completely useless.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:00 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

I have one. I like it! I don't use it much, because I have no need most of the time.

Some people (like my mum) are never off their phone. It can be annoying at times if you're sitting near them and you can hear them sending a text, or listening to their rubbish ring tones.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:16 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

Yep. It's this fat old Nokia that has horrible reception and I'm going to have to buy a new cover for soon because the buttons are dying AGAIN. Well, actually the reason I bought my last cover was because I cracked the screen. Heh.

But my dad pays for it since he, my mom, and this one random friend are the only people that call me on it. Most people know better because I hardly ever keep it with me and I sure as heck never check my messages.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:19 pm
Athena says...

I have a motorola V600 on contract - I never used my mobile until I started college last year. Now I'd be lost without it since if you don't own a mobile you'll be kinda screwed. We always have to call or text each other to find out where someone is and if we have to stay behind late its easier to get ahold of parents.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:35 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Yup. I've got a Samsung E700. Don't use it that much really, just when I need to. Useful for when you need to get in contact with people but I could probably live without it if needs be.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

I have an "LG"

I don't talk on it obsessively, but I do use it a lot.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:14 pm
View Likes
mystical*dragons says...

I have a Sony Ericsson. I don't use it much, but I play a lot of games on it. Hehehe. I love my cellphone
....and so they lived happily ever after

moral: the faerie lies

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:24 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Just before school started I got a new cellphone. It made me happy because my old phone was top of the line back in 1998. I do not really use it alot
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:57 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

almost EVERYONE has a cell phone in here, even old people and kids. I have a motorola c 450 which i am planning to chage. my sister has the older one a nokia
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 pm
View Likes
alcina says...

I have a cell and I live on it. Its my own private line,is a pretty cute motorola v551. My parents pay for it because they want to know that I can be reachable at all times. Every year I get upgraded to one of the lates models around since I'm on contract. My first phone I got was when I was 12,way before anyone,even adults were carrying them around. Its like a leash so my parents can know where I am always. Sometimes I would want to throw it out but I can't, I don't know how I can live without it.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:08 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

I don't have a cell phone... but most people I know do, so I just borrow one of thiers if I need to use it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:41 pm
Meshugenah says...

I have one. a relatively new LG (not LJ like I almost typed, geek am I). It's relatively useful.. but my parents love knowing where I am all the time. Like 'Cina said, it's a leash. oh well. rather useful, when I remember to turn it on.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:25 am
Jennafina says...

I share one with my family, so I put sometimes.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:53 am
View Likes
Yrael says...

Mine blends into the blackness of the night...

Yeah, I'd like a cellphone.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already
tomorrow in Australia.
" ~ Charles Schultz

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost