Pat Buchanan
5%

Total votes : 554

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 am
View Likes
luv2write42 says...

My novel is about band nerds. Marching band is life, after all. (writing is #1, but band is right after.) Hopefully I'll actually finish this one...

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:16 pm
View Likes
Sheik says...

Yes!

I'm trying to get this one published. It's about-

Big Bad Dude
Another Big Bad Dude
A Scared Legend
A Scared Artifact
Elves
Stupid Teenagers
And
Of Course
The Heroes

That's all I guess. :P I'm been trying to come up with a summary of some sort, but it's rather difficult. :D

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 am
View Likes
dragnet says...

Kinda
I am trying to write a novel, but, for some reason, I can never finish them. I end up thinking it's stupid or no one will be ablr to follow it, so I give up. I have tons of notebokks with a couple of chapters of stories, but never a whole one
:(
But, hopefully, I'll finish this one
:)
Many ask me if I see the glass as half full or half empty. Well, I don't know about you, but I see the glass as, WHO DRANK HALF OF MY MILK?!?!?!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:13 am
niccy_v says...

Well, i have just finished Stepping Into Static, the first story of my six part story which is going to literally take me forever to complete.

Now i am working on a werewolf-captures-girl-to-defeat-evil-humans story. It's riveting stuff, for me, and i'm 10 pages in. Trying to do another 50k challenge on another forum, but it is not working.

Also in-and-out of a piece 2050: Year Of The Sleeper where a serial killer has woken up after 50 years in a deep sleep and escapes from his compound and plots to kill my MC who happens to be in love with a vampire. Yes, vampires are like a common race like Asians, Africans and Caucasians - they're just normal now. Hehehehe
Writing gives my life purpose

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:04 am
View Likes
LydiaB says...

I am writing... quite a few novels, actually. I am, however, concentrating on figuring out my Faerie Trilogy.

Yes, I know what you're all thinking... (Fairies? Come on...) But first of all, it's Faeries. FAERIES. And secondly, no it is not a romance novel (well... the second one has some :P)

Anyway, I've been told the first one sounds a lot like an average fantasy story, but that the second two's plots are much more original.

Here are the rough-draft summaries. They aren't very good, but they give you an idea of the basic plot:
The Mind:
As soon as Sylvia is proven to be a Faerie, she is sent off to F.W.A. to be schooled for what Type of Power she has, as is the custom for every 15-year-old in their world. But as soon as she is tested, Sylvia finds herself thrown into a hidden struggle between the corruption of the Power and those who were born to protect it, her Power being the one thing that could gain victory on either side once and for all. The Dark secrets of the true Thinning are revealed to her, secrets that call for her to protect the new Light Faerie from the Faeries that want him dead at all costs. Secrets that give her two choices: protect the Power, or die trying.

The Blood:
Sylvia is now 17, nearing the end of her formal F.W.A. education to be trained full time by her mentor, Fay Zoller. But among the Dark there is a plan. A plan to eliminate the problem of Thin Blood once and for all, but the plan involves an evil process written down by the first Dark Faerie hundreds of years ago when his mistake was made clear. Now Sylvia has to stop their plan, and one mistake turns the tables on her, trapping her and making her a part of it. Is she willing to work with them in order to end the Thinning, or allow many to die in vain?

The Power:
A new Mind Fairy has been discovered named Natasha, which spells trouble for Sylvia, who has long since "retired," and the Power. Natasha goes off on a mission of her own while Sylvia ventures to Sean's property, looking for his remaining possessions, but she finds a whole lot more than she could have ever feared in her worse nightmare. Now Sylvia has to go on a mission of her own to halt the Dark Faeries' mad attempt for revenge, which has consequences much steeper than anyone could have ever imagined.
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:05 pm
View Likes
Moody says...

I'm trying to write a novel about a high school athlete. I've got the basic plot but it needs some lengthening to be a novel. It's driving me crazy because I can't think of how to make an interesting beginning.

ETA: I've decided to start working on a different story instead. I just can't figure out how to make a story into a novel. :(
Last edited by Moody on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm
100xstupid says...

I've written one and I'm just going over it and over it and over it and... Erm, well, you know. I'm 2/3 of the way through its sequel and I had an idea for a new one last night so i bid you farewell until I bid you hello again.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-Socrates

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm
Hannah says...

^_^ I'm writing what I hope to be a series actually, otherwise it would be a veryyyyy long novel thing. -shifty eyes- Ahm, anyways, it's about a baby who speaks when he is three months old, gets abandoned at an orphanage, something intense happens there {haven't gotten that far yet...}, he meets a beautiful angel of a girl and they plan to run away, but she gets killed. He's absolutely heartbroken. Then he does some stuff to grow up {bildungsroman, anyone?}, eventually founds this school, it's cursed, he shuts it down to investigate, reopens it, then some people are gonna die because it's still cursed, and we'll see if the ending is bad or good! ^_^

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:09 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

My problem is that I have too many works going at the same time, and too many ideas flowing back and forth that some of them are mixing together. But otherwise, I'd say things are pretty good right now, writing-wise.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
Incognito says...

Well you see, mine is more like a fantasy I am putting into words. It is really incredibly bizarre with pirates and werewolfs and dynasties and romances and angst and very horribly placed jokes. It is going to be something so weird. But I enjoy writing it and Vincent is my precious.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm
View Likes
PhoenixBishop says...

I am writing a book. It will be part of a series of four. The series is called Phoenix Saga, the first book will be called The Board.

It's about a group of teens that discover they have been given power by a phoenix in order to protect magic.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:46 am
Stori says...

I am. I truly am. I'm working on Phoenix's story again, although I'm thinking of calling it something else.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:24 pm
View Likes
Horserider says...

Yes and it's about horses. :) It's up to 20,000 words now. Only 30,000 more words to go.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm
Bloo says...

it is kind of hard to give a good one with out going on for 5 paragraphs of before story plot. But i can give a brief plot.

Thousands of years ago there was another world. This world bordered our world, and you could go there any time through portals. But the people of the other world were evil, corrupt, and magic. They used there power to enslave and hurt our world, but five from that land called the "guardians" stood up to fight for us. They lead a revolution and drove he evil away and sealed the portals so it the worlds would never met again. But now the gates are breaking, and to help the guardians have been reborn. James is one of them, the leader of the five. It is now his job to gather the others and seal the portals once more, before the Evil can come back.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Yes I am.
The Edge of the World.
I can't really work on it now, since my laptop doesn't have word and my mom's computer has a virus. So I can't catch a break. :(
The plot, however, shall remain a surprise (unless you read what I've already posted of it on YWS).
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost