1%
Other
4%

Total votes : 253

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:24 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I cannot use paper and pen. It gives me an anguishing cramp and my muscles hurt. I also don't use pencil and paper because it takes me way longer than using a keyboard, I type at 100+ words per minute so it is way faster than writing with pencil, where I might get about 35 words per minutes, if I write carefully. Usually if I write sloppily I can get more than 80, but then I won't be able to read what I wrote.

And do you really think someone is going to use a crayon to write?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:41 am
writergirlstevie says...

I mostly use pencil and paper because...

1. my biggest fear would be that a fire would start in my house and my intire house would burn down and burn my computer and that would mean 'bye bye book'. And I normally sleep with my notebook on the floor by my bed so that means I would be able to get it if I needed to rush out of the house in a hurry.
2. A notebook is portable
3. the reasion I use a pencil instead of a pen is because that way I can erase anything (like spelling misstakes, and if I changed the name of a charater)
4. I can write anywhere, like in the car or in a cofurtable(sp?) spot (like on the couch)
---------------------------------------------------
but I also use a computer/keybord because...

1. I can type faster on a compter than i can write on paper.
---------------------------------------------------
I only use a crayon if that's the only thing I can find and I just got a VERY good idea... other than that I don't use a crayon.
away

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:05 am
Supermal says...

I must say that I prefer typing on a keyboard than using a pen and paper. I love typing and it's much easier and faster (I type 111+ words per minute) for me than using a pencil and paper. Unfortunatly, I don't have a lap-top (hopefully that will change someday soon) and that means that if insperation hits me anywhere except at home, than I am forced to use pen and paper, but another thing that I dislike about pen and paper is that I often forget my work everywhere and end up losing it and not being able to work on it, which is quite frustrating. Plus, on a computer, editing is also so much easier.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:51 pm
Akisha says...

I mostly use a pen and paper, especially when i'm just writing down ideas for stories, poems etc. I type too...just not as often. Call me old fashioned! :lol:

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:39 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I mostly use my computer but when I'm forced to turn it off and am supposed to be sleeping I usually write with a pencil (since all my pens seemed to have sprouted legs and gone off somewhere ¬¬) and my writing pad which is technically for college use only...meh.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:31 pm
Once Upon A Dream says...

I said pen in the poll, cause usually my first drafts of poems and stories alike are all written in notebooks. I have special notebooks for everything. But then I end up typing it all up in the end. Or if I'm AT the computer and I get an idea for something, I'll just start typing. So I use both.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:36 pm
Beethoven says...

I prefer to use the comp, because I'm a fast typer (due to years of writing, heh), and it is much quicker. But lately, I have been using pen and paper because I just love the feel of rifling through a notebook filled with my scrawls, and I'm gone so often. But it is much too slow. And I transcribe it onto the comp later, anyhow.

But I also make a point of putting my writing somewhere on the internet (even make a free website and shove it on there if I don't want anyone to see) just incase my computer crashes. And I make hard copies, as well. So... really, I do both pretty much equally.

I also use my Alpha Smart, but it has developed sticky keys, so it's usage has decreased as of late, and it is hard to go back and read what you've written. But I need to start using that more often ^_^
Your existence is overbearing.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:27 am
Snoink says...

I love writing with a computer. More precisely, an old Mac Plus. Yes, that computer is about as old as I am, but I love it still. ^___^ The only reason I'm on this computer is because I won it in a writing contest. :?

I love critiquing on paper, unfortunately. Nice red pen. So when a certain member on YWS gets a certain manuscript mailed to her, she will have to read my scrawls. Bwhahahahaha...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:14 pm
niteowl says...

I don't know if I posted here already, but I mainly use pencil or pen when writing, at least for the rough drafts. I have a little notebook that I carry around in my purse so I can write whenever I want. If I write something good, it may eventually end up here, in which case I have to type it.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:58 am
Nox says...

Most of the time I write with a pen and sometimes I type on the computer.
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:27 pm
Yrael says...

CRAYON ALL THE WAY BABY!
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already
tomorrow in Australia.
" ~ Charles Schultz

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

LOL

I use a pen most of the time. I like it better than a pencil. It doesn't scratch on the paper. I really dislike the sound of a pencil on paper... it just grates against my nerves...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:26 am
Sam says...

I have to use pencil. Pen is sloppy and I can't read what I wrote. Besides, with a mechanical pencil, when the tip wears down a bit and it's nice and soft, I can make my words look teeny and fancy. (I'm concerned more with how it looks than how it reads :P)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:48 am
Zeera says...

I use my computer to write stories. I just use pen/pencil and paper to write the characters and plot (I have bad memory). I also use pen/pencil and paper to jot down quick ideas.
Writing is an art...
Writing is my life...
I know..
I have a sucky life..
but meh...

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:43 pm
krzysxykwl says...

Oddly enough I seem to write most on my phone(in messages then i save as drafts). It's because I tend to get most of my ideas when I'm in bedso the easiest thing to do is to use my phone seeing as it's always right next to my bed. It also means I don't have to wake up my sister, who I currently share my room with, by turning the light on. It's difficult to type up though afterwards!

I've also got a notebook-type thing that I use and I almost always write in pen.
Luv Shanz

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr