1%
Other
4%

Total votes : 253

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:54 am
Nate says...

So what do you use for writing? A computer? A pen and paper? Typewriter? Something else? Answer the poll and tell everyone!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:57 am
Nai says...

Well soon i'm going to get a laptop that I can charge while I sleep then take to school, so that will be good. I normally use pen when I write, but the laptop will be much easier.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:08 am
Nate says...

In terms of writing the story, I can't remember ever using paper and pen. I certainly use the two when developing a story, but for the actual writing of it, I've always used the computer whether it was an old Apple II clone (which a friend and I destroyed with a baseball bat several years ago... lotsa fun) or the laptop that I have now. Of course, way back it would've been easier to have had used paper and pen since that old Apple II clone was nigh impossible to use, but there was the coolness factor of writing something using a computer. That, and my handwriting has always been atrocious.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am
hawk says...

depends what i'm writing. if it's an assignment, say physics, i usually use pencil or pen, and thats the same with most stories. unless there's a particular large amount of action in the scene, then i used a keyboard because my mind works faster than i can write.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:56 am
Tessitore says...

The majority of my writing is done on the computer (a total of 365 seperate files! *not including poetry) but when I do write on paper it's either at my old-fashioned type writer or in one of my little japanese notebooks by pen. Or in my diary... with pen...

I just do not like the feel of pencils.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:57 am
hekategirl says...

Keyboard for everything, hand writing things takes to much time, and I usually mess up so its easier for me to type. And I also have this thing called a AlphaSmart, its like a portable keyboard. It has a little screen, about four line view. I use that if I need to.
Last edited by hekategirl on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:37 am
Shadow Knight says...

A keyboard is more economical, and i type faster than i write. So usually i use my computer, if not, i'll settle for a pen and paper.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:50 am
hawk says...

Handwriting does take a lot of time, but if you're waiting for a bus or in thew passenger seat in the car...(which is mostly all I have time for), then it's easier to lug a notebook around than a laptop.

Shadow Knight, actually, a keyboard isn't more economical.

Economical means more efficient, or cheaper if you like. I'm guessing it would be cheaper to buy a pencil and paper than a keyboard, given that the computer follows.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:54 am
Shadow Knight says...

True, but the keyboard is more efficient, if you can use it.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:52 am
AstrangedbeaR says...

i usually write on my laptop or PC it depends really. prefer the computer ican concentrate more
*AstrangedbeaR*

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:07 pm
niteowl says...

I voted pencil, although I use, pencils, pens, and keyboards. I usually write poems first on paper, then type them. If I have a good story idea, I write it down, then type it when I'm ready to develop it.

I don't always like to use a computer because of spell check. I guess it's helpful if you suck at spelling, but I'm a great speller and it usually says my name is a spelling error, or I have a sentence fragment when I want a sentence fragment there, and those pink and green lines are SO ANNOYING! And the other day, I was typing up my paper on The Great Gatsby and I was talking about something that happened the page before, and I wrote the age before. And I didn't realize it until after I turned the paper in.

And another thing I don't like is when you see a mistake you made a couple lines before or you want to change something, you go back and delete stuff and then sometimes you have to retype everything! AUGHHHH!

Ok, weird little rant over.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:59 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I usually use pencil, just because i go back and rewrite things all the time and I like to be able to erase my mistakes, rather than having to cross them out. I don't like having a bunch of cross-outs all over the page. I much prefer that it look nice and neat.

And I don't usually write things up on the computer, just because I'm a pretty slow typer. Although AIM is going to great lengths to help me type faster. lol.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:17 pm
Kay Kay says...

What I do is...I write down everything during my free time on paper and then when I get home, I type it on the computer.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:52 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

For my first couple of drafts I always use a pen and paper cause I can not stand pencils cause they smudge for me. Then I usally revise using my computer.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:03 pm
Emma says...

I can use it all, if I have an idea and the computer isn't working or Im not near a computer I just use anything I can find. :D

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde