A few times a week
20%
Once or twice a week
16%
A few times a month
21%
Never
9%
That's like that deoderant spray, right?
16%

Total votes : 222

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu May 10, 2007 1:16 pm
Firestarter says...

One or two a week I voted (in a good week. Probably this amounts to about 5 a month) Nowhere near enough, though I use the I have extra responsibilities that distract me from critiquing excuse to get away from this. I'm hoping to get back into it though because it makes me feel horribly guilty because I always get such nice critiques on my own work and I never return them.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu May 10, 2007 3:05 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I agree with a lot of people; some days I'm in a story-nazi or grammar-nazi mood and swoop down upon innocent storytellers...BWAHHAHAHaaa...:cough: but some days, you just feel, "do I really hafta dooooo this?" when confronted with a story filled with typos :P
A few times a week, for me.
ohmeohmy

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

For me?

Hmm. I used to get on this site sponsored by HarperCollins called "HarperCollins Fan Lit".

God, those writers were awful. The most decent one that I saw in all of my editing deserved 6.3 out of 10, though I didn't mention it.

A lot of those writers on that forum had problems with just making decent titles. Some even had ones like "ROFLOMFG look at my storie its hilarius!"

Yes. I misspelled that on purpose.

In other words, they were horrible. No real plot, no real writing.

/End rant.

So...I agree with Baroness Ink. There's some days when I'm like "GRRR. You need to fix this and this and this, and WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!? and maybe just 'this story was horrible.'"

Then I have those days when I want my time to myself. Coincidentally, those are the days when people pop up and ask me to edit their stories.

Last of all: the happy days. Where I go editing-happy and just click on random stories despite ragged titles and horrible writing, and give them a good editing/review, probably still severe but I'm happy while doing it.

A few times a week, for me as well. That is, if I'm not bothered with homework. Usually, this is done on the weekends, when I actually (sometimes) have time.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu May 10, 2007 4:16 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

I try and critique at least once or twice a day. I have to in order to keep up with some story's which I love at the moment.

If a poem catches my eye or anything else along the way, I'll try to crit that to. It's what this site is about......writing and helping others to improve....so that's what I try to do!!! :D

Alainna
xxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu May 10, 2007 4:49 pm
RatchetWriter says...

I try to crit at least once a day, but never get more than that really.

I guess the problem is I don't see a lot of error in someones work and don't know what to say, or theres already a bunch of comments, and I feel like I have nothing to contribute.

Anyways I voted a few times a week, as there are days I don't get on at all.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu May 10, 2007 5:10 pm
Dream Deep says...

Ah, well...

I should be critiquing more, lately. I've got a whole list of people whose stories need to be taken care of and I can't seem to manage to get to a single one of them. So lately, the answer would be a very definite "not enough". ^_~

Sadly.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu May 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Lilyy03 says...

I used to try to do an average of once day at least. Hopefully I can get back into that habit.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm
Charlie II says...

Interesting. I'd like to say 'once a day' but looking at my profile, that's a big fat lie. I must be doing about a 'few a week' but I'd really like to do more :P. Unfortunately I won't we here this weekend so there goes my plan to write more. Oh well.

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 pm
theron guard says...

I'm going with once or twice a week. I'm not big on reading, but some of the stories I need to read and critique. There usually the one I like to read.

TG
Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu May 10, 2007 5:54 pm
Saphira says...

When i first joined i didn't critique at all for awhile untill i got the hang of it. Now i critique a few times a week. I still need some practice! :D
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu May 10, 2007 9:12 pm
Leja says...

I critique when I have time to lend thought to the story/poem though, unfortunately, most overall meaning is often lost on me. Like everyone else, I often think to myself, "I should probably be critiquing more..."

Most of my critiquing happens when I'm trying to procrastinate (from things like homework... my history paper... etc. etc.) :P

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

I try to critique when I have something to say that would be helpful to the author. If all I have to say is, "this is a good story, and you are a good writer, keep up the good work", then I am unlikely to critique, especially if I cannot exactly pinpoint what it is I like about this particular story/poem/other.
If the only reason I am critiquing is to get points, then I do not see the point of critiquing.

Muffin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri May 11, 2007 9:20 am
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Kra...teek...?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri May 11, 2007 1:06 pm
View Likes
Royboy says...

I've felt inadequate lately. The only time I've had on the computer this week has been spent looking up math help, spanish translations, or in my computer application's class where we're making websites. I haven't been on for real and crited in a really long time. At least, that's what it feels like.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat May 12, 2007 7:14 am
View Likes
[deleted1] says...

deoderant rules!!!!

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green