Other
10%

Total votes : 135

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

So, how do you feel about the reviews you get at YWS? Do you feel like you get too many, not enough, or roughly the right amount? And even though it's not in the poll, do you feel like those reviews you get are good reviews? Why or why not?

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:41 pm
Trident says...

I feel like I get about the right amount. Of course, it would be nice to get more reviews, but beggars can't be choosers. I definitely give more reviews than post my work, and that's the way it should be. Sadly, it's not always.
Perception is everything.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:22 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I feel like I get the right amount, but sometimes I get more than I probably deserve! One problem I have is people tend not to critique my work very harshly (don't know why) so I end up with lots of critiques about typos and slight grammar mistakes. Sometimes I wish I'd receive more critiques of the character/plot, but I suppose I should do that myself! So I can't complain, because I don't critique enough.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:51 pm
View Likes
Cassandra says...

I haven't posted much of my work here, mostly because a lot of it is crap/isn't finished, but the stuff I have posted I've gotten some good reviews on. Of course, there are always the one-sentence "crits" that are left all over the place; sometimes those are more annoying than no critiques at all. But I'm for the most part happy with the reviews I get.
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 pm
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

I don't get as many as I would like, but I also don't review a great deal, so I really can't complain. So I won't. "Give and you shall recieve", as it were.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:10 am
bubblewrapped says...

I dont get nearly as many reviews as I should like. But I can be kind of slack at giving them (I've just started to give more lately thanks to Crazy Review Week) so I cant really complain. And I hardly ever post my work anyway. Those reviews that I do receive are usually helpful though :)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:16 am
View Likes
Sam says...

I ususally get as many as I need- of course, like everyone said, it'd be nice to get more, but hey...at least I've got a few. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:10 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Most of the time I get a very detailed review (mostly by Snoink) so while I don't get many, the few I do get are thorough.

I really should post more of my work.

Which means I really should write more.

Go figure.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:02 am
Myth says...

I get the right amount, I critique and get reviews in return.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:17 am
View Likes
Shine says...

I get the right amount but I wish I could get more.

And I know that I should post more of my works.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:25 pm
Emerson says...

I've only posted one thing, and was overwhelmed with critiques. Probably because I'm really slow to edit.

I critique a lot more than I ever post my own work, so I think if I were to post something again I would probably get a good amount/enough critiques to satisfy me. I don't like getting too many, at least not at first, I feel overwhelmed to edit, and then don't...

And now I'm going to watch for those who say they don't get enough so I can critique them :-) (unless you write poetry, in that case, don't expect much from me!!)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:31 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Well, I don't mind so much about not getting loads as long as they're constructive. Getting ones that only say "This is good/bad" is worse than getting none at all.

I feel I get about the right amount, but if I particularly want a review on something I've written, I can always ask someone, or offer a trade. T'is fun. :)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:17 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

I've gotten several reviews of my novel, but it never seems to be enough! ;) I love editing, especially when the critiquer can give me an insight I never got before. So... I'm not complaining, but I would love to get more reviews of any kind!
:D
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:38 pm
Poor Imp says...

I think I've got quite enough, in most respects. You can't but want more - usually. There always seems to be something, more detail you'd like to hear, pro or con.

But I've gotten plenty. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 am
View Likes
Broken Wings says...

I think I get the right amount of reviews, all wonderful. Everyone keeps their suggestions nice, and very understandable.

Basically, I love all the guys here at YWS! xD

--Wings
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief