4%
It really depends on what's handy!
29%

Total votes : 191

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm
SilloriaD says...

I used to be almost religious about my ideas and stories hitting paper first. If it's typed in a word processor, then I can get caught up in typos and grammatical issues. If it's in Word, I try to fix everything as I write it. However, I do still write with pencil instead of pen. I personally like the feel of the pencil in hand more than a pen. I'm not as religious about it these days, but my preference continues to be pencil to paper. Call it old fashioned if you want! I love it :P :wink:

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I can type as fast as I can think, but I can't write on paper nearly as fast, it feels so slow by comparison. Word processors ftw
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

I also like writing with pen/pencil and paper but my most important stories go on my laptop
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

For actually writing, I prefer using my computer bc it makes revising and sharing (and spellchecking and organizing and formatting and blah blah blah), but I prefer notetaking, sketching images or the briefest snippets of scenes and lines, and outlining by hand. Makes it feel more real, and I remember things better. Physical connection you can't get through a keyboard
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

I prefer pen and paper. Because I can't erase it, I take the time to think about what I want to write. I get distracted on the computer way too easily. I love seeing a page full of crisp writing. I think it's incredible that by holding a device and moving it in patterns, I can create words that help me communicate with others. I can make them feel what I want them to just by the movements of my hand. Have you ever watched an individual letter being written? The ink flowing from the pen makes a symbol that we have given meaning to that otherwise would just be a doodle.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

I think it actually varies a lot with me. Because I never have the time or patience really, to sit down for a long stretch of time and finish anything. I usually write on my phone for poetry because I poet during commute. Lately, I've taken a liking to planning and writing using paper and pen so I've been doing that. And then what usually happens is that I either finish the entire story on the notebook and type it up. Or.

I abandon it and just write the whole thing on docs instead. But, writing on paper always feel more satisfying in a way.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@ongoeslife --> I think your response is my favorite so far. The philosophy of marking symbols that are given value in a society and culture is a wonderful reflection, and that we make these symbols by handstrokes is a testament to the wonderful powers humans have. Your answer just made me happy.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm
ongoeslife says...

@Lumi --> I was hoping I wasn't sounding like a rambling idiot and that someone else would understand my fascination with it. ;p

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm
NicoleBri says...

I don't normally post comments on these but it definitely depends on what I have at the time I want to write. I really love a computer to type on because it is quicker in my opinion but I will go old fashion. :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs