9%

Total votes : 237

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:44 pm
View Likes
Shine says...

I didn't really thought about this.

May be I write to express myself,and besides its fun too and its a good way to escape from this busy world for a while.

Its a good way to spent time when I am all alone.

I must say this is a good official poll.
:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:57 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

The fact that you can write down a whole life, or, in some cases, a whole world on a piece of paper is very gratifying. And being able to share it with others just makes it better.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 pm
View Likes
McMourning says...

It appears that many of us have never thought about it. In the beginning, I didn't think about it either, but in the most recent years, I began seeing myself more and more as a writer. Thus, I began thinking about why I write. I originally saw it only as a why to express my emotions. It branched into a way of escaping from the horrible world*. Sometimes, I think that if I give up free-writing (not educational writing), I will die from insanity.

Therefore, my reasons span over three options: To Escape, To Express Myself, and 'Cause if I stop, I'll die.

*Horrible world being the real world. It was a little over 5 years ago that I began to see the real world.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:25 pm
View Likes
Ofour says...

Because I feel like it, it's fun.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Reviews: 2
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 pm
dittylicious says...

It's so funny to think about this. I write so much, and it's not even my major. My friends ask me why I do it, because it doesn't benefit my major, but I tell them I do it because I want to. Moreover, I think if I stop, it would be the end of me. I always want to express myself in every form that I have available to me, and writing is just one of those forms. If there was a day that I didn't do it, I wouldn't be living, because I can't imagine a day going by without me writing something.
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri May 25, 2007 10:03 pm
View Likes
Leja says...

Because then I have something to focus on other than my schoolwork. I look at the story as if it's a puzzle to be figured out, and it's fun for me to try to fit all the pieces together so that it's something cohesive that someone might enjoy reading.

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:58 am
View Likes
wewinwelose says...

this may sound a bit dramatic but i write because i hate alot of things in the world and writing helps me side step those things

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:11 am
Hermes says...

Writing's always been a part of me, kind of like music. I guess I write because I love words. That's what the world is, communication and rhythm.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:28 am
View Likes
RatchetWriter says...

IT'S SO FUN TO THINK UP CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Mainly I write because it's fun, you think up your own world sometimes, you think up your own weapons, and it gives you one of the best satifactions this world can give, when you write something that is truely good and yours.

My 2 cents. I guess.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:33 am
View Likes
Shireling says...

Why do I write?
I write because I enjoy reading, I write to have something to read.
I write because as I try to sleep, brilliant characters jump into my head and start telling me about how they battled a troll or what the inside of a starship looks like.
I write to travel to unknown worlds that exist only within me.
I write to let those worlds out.
I write because as a created being I have an itching desire to create something myself. This last reason is also why I try to draw mountains, make a better mousetrap, try to fabricate instead of buy, and want to build my own hobbit house.

So I guess that I write to express myself, and have fun.
Calling all Ringers, your presence is required at the Middangeared group...Please?

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:34 pm
View Likes
&&ampersandWHY? says...

(Not sure if I've already posted here X3)

Well, I used to write because it's fun. Now I write to get all of my thoughts down on paper; to express myself. It still can be fun, though.
"You're Featherina, the loose cannon cop in a tutu who knows no boundaries and carries around a shotgun named Sissy."

La la LA!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:49 pm
View Likes
ninja-Z says...

it's great fun to write. creating your own special world with characters of your own is a joyful experience. especially when you have an audiance reading yourr story, and helping you become a better writer. i used to write stories, but only my sister would read them. thank god for YWS!!!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:14 pm
Poltergiest says...

I write cause I have way to many ideas and am usually really bored... (So, thats not the real reason. I don't feel like thinking right now)

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 pm
View Likes
-Save-Ferris- says...

It's fun, it's an escape, I can express myself and if I stop I will die.

Plus a multitude of other reasons.
“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:56 am
View Likes
Jasmine Hart says...

'Cause if I stop, I'll die.So glad other people feel this and I'm not a looper.I just feel all panicky and tense if I don't.It's just something that needs to be done, y'know?Like breathing.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11