4%

Total votes : 274

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Recreating a poll [user]~Volant~[/user] made some years ago!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:02 am
View Likes
KaiTheGreater says...

Honestly, my favorite part is the sanity it brings.
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:01 am
View Likes
DrFeelGood says...

Creating worlds for sure. Writing gives you the power to travel anywhere, with anyone and comment on anything. :D

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

@dragonlily That's the first time I've heard someone say that writing brings sanity XD

My favourite part is the part where I forget I'm writing. I just kind of blink, and then suddenly I'm sitting all freaked out because I've been transported to another world where there's a keyboard in front of me and someone has meticulously documented every detail of my quest.
We were born to be amazing.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 pm
AnimeGirl says...

My favorite part is being able to escape reality, and live in a new world. It makes me forget all my problems and make a better or worse life for my characters.
I see you shiver with antici-

-pation

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:39 pm
Dragoon120 says...

My favorite is creating the characters, because it's just interesting to create a smaller story for a larger story in general, even if they have a small part to play.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:58 pm
IAmMe says...

I love creating characters, because most of mine are based off of real people, so I can show them how I see them. Also, I can represent parts of myself through one or many characters, and it's kind of like creating an adventure for myself. I can set up a bunch of untypical situations to see how I would react. I feel like I'm getting to know myself better by playing with the people I create. And it shows people (including me) what I'm really like beneath my smiles.
I am me.
Who is me?
A triwork of scented authority with the fiery power of creation.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 am
Sylar says...

WRITING

Writing is perf.
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I love all of it, especially creating characters, but I went with "starting something new" because when you begin a piece, you're still excited, passionate, inspired--you start off in a burst of energy and you haven't gotten stuck yet and you're not looking at all the work of editing yet (as much as I like editing, it is still work)...it's just exciting, like you're starting an adventure.

Although I also love finishing something because in that moment--especially a novel--everything seems possible. To quote "Julie and Julia," it's "the moment when anything is possible. The moment that you can just imagine they're going to love everything you did and it's going to sell a million copies and change the world."

That is exactly what it feels like.

...aaaaaaaaaand then you start editing, and you bemoan the fact that it's completely terrible and full of plot holes and character problems and you're never going to be ready to publish, and the magic of that moment is lost for a while.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 am
steward says...

Nobody likes going back and editing., xD
"Stay brave." -Steward

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:13 pm
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

I like it all:( surprisingly, I do love editing! However, I'd much rather edit someone else's work instead of mine. I often edit my BFF's;)
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:35 pm
Spotswood says...

I can't choose, but I would have to choose between characters/worlds.

My characters used to be awful...absolutely dull. I actually learned a lot of my character development from Knights of the Old Republic 2, which has the most amazing character development.

But I like everything, especially going back and editing
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:48 pm
KaiTheGreater says...

Everything=Cheating
Kinda defeats the purpose of the poll... :/
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 am
GreenLight24 says...

I'd say just about everything. I love it all. :) However, I do especially love the process of creating worlds and characters. It's really just so much fun to. See your ideas become actual people and places, things, etc. I watch an awful lot of cartoons and stuff, so I place a lot of emphasis on character design and the cinematic elements of my writing too. :)
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 am
Astronaut says...

Why does research have so few votes? I honestly love researching for my writing. You get to procrastinate and pretend to learn at the same time! And it's super interesting if you know where to look. I can spend hours on Behind the Name trying to find the perfect name for a character without deciding anything. I do, however, now know the meanings of an excessive amount of names. Oops.
I don't have a signature.

Spoiler! :
Bet you didn't see that coming...

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena