6%
I don't like those options, or, other
20%

Total votes : 213

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:50 am
Areida says...

Empty, missing out on one of the most important parts of life, feeling like they always need more but they don't know exactly what it is they're looking for, feeling like life is pointless, and being without hope.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:40 am
Ieatworms says...

Love is the most wonderful feeling in the world, but it leaves you vulnerable to the worst feelings.

The trouble with love is that you can't quantify it, or even qualify it. When is it enough? Will it last? Is it true?

Ever hear the expression: "A pessimist is really a disappointed idealist"? I've become living evidence of that truth.

I think hope and trust are what make love fulfilling. That optimism, once dashed, is what hurts almost as much as the loss.

Enough babbling. I'm taking my lonely self to bed to snuggle with stuffed animals. So, don't listen to me.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:11 pm
bluecows says...

hmmm...

love is what lets you hate someones guts whilst knowing that you can't imagine life without them.

it's also what makes you stand outside in the pouring rain just to see that special someone (helpful if you live in england)

~bluecows~
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour. – William Blake

I was lying in bed, watching the stars and i thought, 'where the hell is the ceiling?' :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:45 pm
Harley says...

Love is... weird. It can make you soar one day, but by the next you've plummeted and are lying flat on your face. It's torture and it's ecstacy. It's great when you have it, it's not so great when you lose it, but you'll get over it. And you have the non-romantic love of other people to help you with that.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:23 pm
Sponson Light says...

areida07 wrote:Empty, missing out on one of the most important parts of life, feeling like they always need more but they don't know exactly what it is they're looking for, feeling like life is pointless, and being without hope.

Not always true. There are some who are perfectly fine without love.
And this is ridiculous.

Just because they dont have something makes them empty? Hollow? Dont you find that stereotyping and offensive?
"Oh hey your not in love, you must be feeling pretty empty right now..."
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:30 pm
Snoink says...

There was once this guy who appeared to have no love at all. Even with his dog, there appeared to be no connection. He was easy-going, smart, and had everything going for him. He was in his late thirties, unmarried, but that didn't seem to be a problem. Then his dog got sick with a fatal disease. He went to the vet and then, very calmly, he said that the nicest thing to do with the dog was to kill him. He didn't appear to have any care about it whatsoever. He told the vet to kill the dog once he left, and then he said a short goodbye to the dog before walking out the door. No emotion whatsoever.

A couple of days later, he committed suicide.

He didn't seem to have love at all. Did he? What do you think?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:02 pm
dele24 says...

As soon as I saw this topic I was reminded about the quote in 1st corinthians 13:4-8 that the Apsotle Paul wrote about love, which has already been brought out earlier, but I prefer reading it in the New World Translation, the Bible I use regularly.
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails."

There is another lovely scriptue in 1 John4:11 which says "Beloved ones, if this is how God loved us, then we are ourselves under obligation to love one another." That means that because Jehovah loved the world so much he gave his only begotten son Jesus as a sacrifice for us, that we should love one another, for if they are worthy of Jehovahs love they are certainly worthy of our love.

Random avatar

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:12 pm
Sponson Light says...

Good job Snoink taking a single story like that just to prove how one (read: one) man had no emotion (read: emotion, not love).

I can easily say the man who lived on a deserted island alone who was content with himself lived a happy life alone without needing to love anyone and never felt empty.
Your turn again.

"Hey look at this Ipod I got! Your life wouldnt be meaningful at all without it, you suck unless you get an Ipod!"
"I fell in love the other day, and I realized your life isnt complete without love! So fall in love! Its the proper thing to do!"

Did you know the man Snoink? Do you even have a link to the sad sad story?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

798 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:38 am
Areida says...

Sponson Light wrote:
areida07 wrote:Empty, missing out on one of the most important parts of life, feeling like they always need more but they don't know exactly what it is they're looking for, feeling like life is pointless, and being without hope.

Not always true. There are some who are perfectly fine without love.
And this is ridiculous.

Just because they dont have something makes them empty? Hollow? Dont you find that stereotyping and offensive?
"Oh hey your not in love, you must be feeling pretty empty right now..."

Did I say "in love?" I meant love in general. I'm not in love with anyone, nor have I ever been, but because of the love that I have for and from my parents, sisters, friends, and my God: I am completed in that. Sure, I'm down now and again, but that is the main substance of my life.

I'm not going to argue with you, Sponson, even though it's obvious you just want to pick a fight. This is a thread for expressing your opinion, not challenging someone else's.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:09 am
Sponson Light says...

Whoa whoa whoa, if you havent read. I said Im not against love, its just that someone said "if your not in love your empty" which I find highly false.
The fact is Im in love with someone right now, so Id know.

798 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:18 am
Areida says...

Who said that not being in love made you empty? The point I was really trying to get across was that there are different kinds of love besides just the romantic: love of country, family, God, etc.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:42 am
zelithon says...

Empty, missing out on one of the most important parts of life, feeling like they always need more but they don't know exactly what it is they're looking for, feeling like life is pointless, and being without hope.

I know, it is wrong I am not empty. I also think when people say love is pianful they are mixing up relationships with love.
Iam not against love.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:01 am
Nai says...

Well, i'm not in love, and I feel empty and lonely everyday.

But that's just me.

Love is biased:

Those who have it, can't get enough of it, cherish it, and are ususally the only ones who can say things like "Love makes the world go 'round" or "Life is great"

Those without it usually don't have a high opinion of it, and sometimes envy, maybe even hate, those with it.

I personally think love is one of the best feelings in the world, like "soaring" (as Harley so nicely put it), or feeling like nothing could ever go wrong again. Then the other end, when your without it, feeling alone and hopeless, like nothing good could ever happen again.

Sponson, I really don't think that someone could be completely apathetic to love and all it's meaning. And on top of that feel nothing when you love nothing and nothing loves you.

However, while I think that no one can really go without love and stay content, I also think that not everyone without a lot of love is completely distraught and depressed about it.

Other than those things, i'm on Lady Areida's side ( ::quickly does customary bow with a smile:: )

And yes, Sponson, you did start this little arguement, so you should end it
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Reviews: 2
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:33 am
tinkerbell_09 says...

Sometimes, it doesn't exist
Sometimes, it does.
Sometimes, it completes a whole
But sometimes, it kills people's lives...
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:09 am
Dreamgirl says...

Love is pain. It hurts when they leave, it hurts sometimes when they stay, it hurts if someone you love dies, or hurts you, there are so many ways love can hurt you. Don't get me wrong i think love is eternal and happiness and all that good stuff, but I mostly think it involves pain. It hurts to love.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen