28%
Other
4%

Total votes : 274

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 am
Skydreamer says...

My favorite part of storybooking is Characters. xD But when just writing, I love everything, and the fact that I'm piecing together a story, a tale, a thought, a concept. That's what keeps me writing.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

Random avatar

Reviews: 29
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am
greywords says...

Mine has to be everything. I don't know, it all just intertwines. The characters, the story, the setting, the beginning, the end. They all impact each other. I don't lose myself in just one of these things; I lose myself in a combination, in all of them.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm
QueenOfWords says...

I love the idea that I'm creating something new. Building an entire world is a very complex thing, there are many elements to be considered. I just love watching it all fold out before me, like I'm the master of life or something. It's really amazing to think that I might be creating something that could be famous and never be forgotten, but what's even more incredible is that I am actually building something. For me that is just a mind-blowingly astonishing, wonderful thing. :)

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

I live to edit. If I had a time machine (preferably a TARDIS), I'd use it to jump forward an hour so I wouldn't need to compose a rough draft. When editing, you can flesh out dry deacrriptions and laugh at typos.

My characters are unreliable. It takes a long time to warm up to them, like with John Green's. The best part of writing is really touching people's hearts. I've always wanted to make someone cry. Whether it be tears of laughter or tears born from fond memories. Just changing a day.
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

My favorite part isn't actually on the poll. I love creating the complicated plots. Drawing out the path that characters will follow, seeing how they will interact, how they will effect each other, how things will change throughout the story, it's just so breathtaking when you take a step back and look at a plot in a slightly more abstract way. I love it so much. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:58 am
ab2heaven says...

its just beautiful to write!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:15 pm
PiesAreSquared says...

PeanutPhoebe wrote:I like it all:( surprisingly, I do love editing! However, I'd much rather edit someone else's work instead of mine. I often edit my BFF's;)

I love editin too!! I can spend hours on a single paragraph lol
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:15 am
dragonfphoenix says...

Okay, I know "everything" is kinda cheating, but...
Well, okay, let's go through the list.

"Beginning something new"

Um, well, I love all the new ideas I get, but not having enough time to finish what I've started, compounded with trying to at least note in enough detail the new ideas so that I can later go back to them...It's like trying to catch a squirrel. While dressed in an elephant costume.

"Creating characters"

The only characters I create are the ones that are just 'in' the story. The interesting ones introduce themselves.

"Creating worlds"

Well, it kinda just happens...I don't really think about the fact that I'm building a new world until after I've laid the foundation of the planet, a few civilizations, customs,...oh, and the surrounding plot(s). Then I kind of just run out of steam for the day, and oh, I built a new world. Oops.

"Researching"

I love researching for a story, but most of the new "fun facts" I learn that spark a story are just that: the spark for the story. I haven't had to do much actual research for any stories yet (unless you count all the reading I've done. :D )

"Finishing something"

*bashful grin*
I've only actually completed one story I set out to write. I've mapped tons of stories, but I've actually only finished one novel (and a few shorts). The finish line often turns out to be the end of the rainbow for me.

"Going back and editing"

Probably my least favorite part about writing. That's when it actually starts to feel like work. *shivers*

"The actual writing"

...often feels like breathing. It just happens, and I don't really think about it until either a) I run out of steam/get stuck, b) someone asks what I'm writing (or have written).

And "Other"? Um, yeah, well, I think "Everything" kind of covered that one. XD
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 pm
Ibounce says...

Characters, worlds, then the rest of it minus writers block

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:26 pm
Pencil2paper says...

I said I love creating characters the best, but in a way, that's not true. I don't really create my characters- they pop up into my head. My favorite part is learning about my characters and getting to know them.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling