Young Writers Society

Experimented [Started/accepting]

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

Experimented

It’s the year 2074, and Earth is in chaos. Once again, humankind has spiraled down onto the warpath. In a desperate attempt to put an end to the ceaseless fighting, countries have resorted to biological warfare.

Otherwise known as the inhumane scientific experimentation on humans for furthering their capabilities to be used as weapons.

In their efforts to create the perfect superhuman, many failed subjects have been killed and discarded through the scientist’s agonizingly painful experiments. These innocent experiments are all part of what is known to the public as the ‘Disappearings’— children and young adults simply disappearing off the streets, never to be seen again, when they are actually in fact being taken to a life of human experimenting.

Meanwhile, some people have banded together after finding knowledge about this testing, and have banded together in an undercover rebellion group known as the 'Resistance'. These people fight to destroy the operation from the inside, and put a stop to this treatment once and for all.

General background and information:
Spoiler! :
There are a total of ten professors in the compounds at the moment, the lower the number, the more important they are. Each professor has their own powers, such as telepathy, Clairvoyance, telekinesis but no powers can be repeated. Each professor can have more than one subject. The compound is divided into two different blocks, block A and B. A holds the private labs for testing while B holds the cafeteria, gym and separate resti rooms for the professors..

Project Null:
Spoiler! :
Project Null is the accidental creation of an unknown scientist in the complex whom seems to have vanished after the creations of Null. After being created, Professor One, the head of the institute issued a Level Three warning and for Null to be placed in a dominate state after discovering they could not destroy it. After the failure of Null, no more subjects were created in the mean time but it was thought that a similar subject had powers almost equivalent to Null's.

The full extent of Null's power is still unknown, but it is said that its power is greater than any subjects or professor in the complex and rumoured to be able to wipe out a whole city. Whether this is true or not? They will all soon find out.

Where you come in:
Spoiler! :
Unrest is brewing in the compound, with the accidental creation of the Project Null, a subject with dangerous powers that could wipe out the entire compound, and at this time. There has been a security breach at the compound; the source is unknown but several suspects that a certain resistance force is rescuing the subjects. But tension is high, and loyalties are divided. One mistake and you could end your life. You are either the resistance, or one of the professors, or Project Null, or one of the subjects siding with the professors or siding with the resistance.

Rules:
Spoiler! :
No God Modding
Swearing is allowed for realism
Romance is allowed but not sex
Try and post as often as possible
Only join if you can post at least once per week.
Have fun!

Character template:
Spoiler! :
Name:
Professor/subject number or resistance:
Personality (likes and dislikes):
History:
Powers and limitations: (this is compulsory)
Others:

Map of Experimented:

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Apricity on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 am, edited 10 times in total.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:54 am
AEChronicle says...

This sounds like fun, so I think I'll join in.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

476 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:56 am
Apricity says...

It is fun! And how is it you have more reviews than me?? O.o Go and join! ^_^
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

205 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 am
AEChronicle says...

Last edited by AEChronicle on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

476 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:06 am
Apricity says...

Wrong place to post your character profile, but no worries. So, there is a link in the top right corner of this page. It says create new character, now copy and paste your profile there and then you're set. Then edit the previous post.
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

205 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 am
AEChronicle says...

I see, I'll fix it right away.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 am
Dakushau says...

@SubtleSanity It may help to link the DT to the Storyook so we can keep most of the none storybook posts and questions from filling up the SB,
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

476 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 am
Apricity says...

Ok...let me see if I can fix this on an iPad..hang on
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 pm
ladcat13 says...

I like this SB, but A) we need some male characters and B) Where is the actual SB? This is only the DT!

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

476 Reviews

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:48 pm
Apricity says...

I agree we need some male characters. But this is actually the SB, the DT is on the top right corner. There is a link to it. But people mistakened this for a DT and now, I can't help it.
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

476 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

Alphonse Luthor King, Experiment #1713, Professor Two’s office

Alphonse walked into Two’s room with an unusual spring in his steps; the glowing round light in his left eye seems to shine brighter than usual. He slammed the door behind him, ignoring the look of annoyance on Tabby’s face as he hopped casually onto her desk. Waving a large black object in front of her eyes excitedly, “I found this in Dexter’s Office!”

His voice, low yet musical came through the gas mask as slightly muffled. He waved the object with his right hand which is covered in a black fingerless glove, “can I try it on you?” He grinned playfully, being usually bright for his usually apathetic self. A strand of navy blue hair fell into Tabby’s face and he battered it away annoyingly.

“No, Alphonse. Sit down.”

He pouted lightly, sullenly hopping down from the desk and continued to walk around the room with a spring in his steps. His face resumed their usual bland expression; he continued to walk around the room, pausing sometimes to look at the white cloak that Tabby never wore. The black ceiling, the chair she is currently swivelling in and suddenly thought of how strange it was all, for him to end up in this place. Leaning across on one of the cabinets, he absentmindedly played with the taser, black tendrils shoot out dangerously and wrapped themselves around Two’s hair, effectively electrifying her hair and also sending an electric shock through her body. Alphonse glanced at her with a raised eyebrow before glancing back at the taser with a confused look; he flicked it off and turned to look at Tabby. At her now infrared and rather bomb-like hairdo and the shock on her face.

He smiled, lightly.
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Hugo Chant, subject 62, Exersize compound.

I stroll out into the compound for my weekly exersize. The hot sun warms my black fur, (I am currently in the form of a black dog, Sirius Black style) and I strech out onto the small square of turf. My keeper (a security gard, and the only person in the whole complex who ever remembers I exist) lets me of the lead that, according to the rules, should never be removed, and I run around the compound, running as far as the walls will permit in one direction, and then turning and running in the other. On the opposite side of the compound, seperated from me by a chain-link fence, I see professors strolling about there daily business, and I growl. I don't like proffesors. One approches the chainlink fence, and I growl a low, deep, throughty growl. He smells funny.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:29 am
Basil says...

Professor Two

I stare at experiment 1713 in total and utter shock. His only visible eyes crinkles, and I know he’s smiling, the bastard. I try to smooth down my hair, zapping my hands while I’m at it. I glare at 1713, who’s still smiling.
“Get out!” I snarl. He makes no move to leave the room. “Alphonse, get the hell out of my office, now!”
1713 jumps from the shrillness in my voice and slowly slinks out. I let a growl reverberate through my chest. As 1713 stalks out of the room dejectedly, slamming the door behind him, I jump from my chair and look around for something to flatten my hair with.
“The bathroom … water … I’ll wet my hair,” I mutter.
I run from the room and down the corridor into the lady’s room, slamming the door behind me. I run to the wall lined with white, porcelain tub and turn the tap on, shoving my head in the sink. The water trickles down my scalp, and when I lift my head, black strands fall into my face, water running down my back and chest. I shake my hair nonchalantly and put on my glasses. I walk from the bathroom and head for my office.
“Um … Two, why is your hair wet?”
I stop, midstride, at the question. I slowly turn around to see Three standing there, staring at me like I’m an idiot. I probably look like an idiot too.
“I … Al … tasers …” I trail off, trying to find a reasonable explanation.
Three raises an eyebrow, and I notice the folders in her hands. “Well, I best keep going,” she says, stepping around me with a half amused smile on her face. “I have a meeting.”
“What am I going to do about Experiment seventeen –”
“You have that gun in your office, don’t you?” She cuts me off mid-sentence.
“Ah … yes I do,” I say quickly.
“Next time, use that,” she gives me a nod and turns to walk away. "Oh, and there's a meeting now," she adds.
She walks away and I curse. "Stupid ... I hate meetings. They're boring," I grumble.
I stomp on after Three. As I walk passed my office, I spot Alphonse crouching in my swivel chair, both his hands in the fish tank. I groan and decide to reprimand him later.
If there's a later!
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 pm
lostthought says...

Emerald Pails Resistance Fighter

I walk down the halls to where the resistance was meeting. We still need to make a plan on how to defeat them. Those torturers, those power-mad freaks. How dare they torture those with powers and then try to use them to their advantage.

My thoughts were stopped as I reached the door that lead on to the meeting room. My hand paused in the middle of opening the door, as if unsure it should open it. I swallowed and opened the door.

The door opened to an empty room. Thinking I am the first one here, I take my usual seat and wait.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Experiment #115 - Training Area - Bloody Royal

When I awoke I knew it was training time, I was kneeling on the ground with chains on my arms and legs. My eyes open and immediately zero in on the many enemies in front of me, I moved to my feet and quickly I broke the chains that did little to restrain me. Then I heard Professor Tabbitha Graciè's voice.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, begin!" I first to move charging straight ahead into the crowd that would become a slaughter fest. My claws bared, I dug straight into the chest of one experiment in front of me and rose into the air. I throw the body to the ground, and then I heard her voice again.

"Experiment 571, Eliminated"

I dove in and used all my knowledge of fighting to carve my path into the crowd and killed those who dared near. My claws would decapitate the unknowing, I would attack the cowardly who tried to run away from the blood bath. Ripping the hearts out of an experiment and then punching the nose straight on of an experiment causing the bone to hit the brain. I keep an ear on her voice listening to the numbers being called out as I killed my enemies.

"Experiment 684, 321, 473, 237, 632, 561," she kept listening numbers as I kept killing them one by one. The experiments unable to keep up with my fast movements could hardly fight back, I hardly left an opening for any of the experiments. I cut off limbs, decapitate heads, broke spines, crushed skulls, ripping out hearts and killed everything that dared to attack. Until finally, there was no one left to challenge me.

"532, 781, 356, and finally, 110, all eliminated." She sounded like she was out of breath. There was blood and body parts all over the floor, the bodies who those challenged me were dead. "There you have it Professors, proof that Experiment 115, my experiment, has no equals. No one that can stand up to him, he is the ultimate killing machine that has been the most powerful experiment to be created right here in this facility. 115, it is time for you to return to your room."

I could already smell the powder in the air, I was slowly growing tired until finally my eyes closed.
----------------------------
"Good morning 115," Professor Tabbitha greets me.

I sit up in my bed, a little tired from my nap, I rub my eye trying to shrug off the side effects of the damn powder she has to use. I was in my room and I could only seeing her though a glass window that is to strong to break, I've already tried to before with less than pleasing results.

"Good morning Professor Tabbitha," I respond.

Tabbitha was beautiful, in more than one way. There was a natural kind of beauty to her that I've always noticed some of the other professors simply don't have. She was ravishing, "how are you today, Professor Tabbitha?" I asked.

"I am very pleased, you've put to rest any doubts about your abilities to those minor professors."

"That is nice to hear, I needed a work out anyhow," I replied.

"Yes, I have left you a little more food for today for the pleasing results you have provided me. Now I have a meeting to go to, be nice and I'm sure I'll have one more fight for you to have later on today," she said.

"Yes, Professor Tabbitha."
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin