z

Young Writers Society

Harmony High - Sequel

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 am
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"A meeting? Already? But...hell...I don't even think that i'm ready for this V." Leo says, sitting down on our bed and running his hands through his wavy, wet hair. Recently he's been growing it out and all I can say is...yum.

I sit next to him and instinctually put a hand on my growing belly. Its already been eight whole months, and still nobody outside of Leo. my parents, Kristen, and Chayton know. Speaking of Chayton...its been a while since i've seen him. Like...a few months, while. I'm a tad worried.

"Lee, you'll be fine. I mean...it's your biological parents, love. You've waited your whole life for this. So please. If you don't get the confidence now, you never will. And our twins are definitely gonna want a second set of grandparents." I say with a small smile, looking down.

But when I look back up I notice that Leo is shaking his head. At first softly and then slightly harder.

"No...I don't want them to be any type of anything in our childs life. If they couldn't be parents to me, they sure as hell can't be grandparents to my own."

I notice his face is getting more angry and red as he clenches both hands tightly together. I gently place a hand on his shoulder and almost yank my hand back when I feel the tense muscles in his shoulder.

"Leo i'm sure that they-"

"No! There is no reasonable or viable excuse for leaving your child to the mercy of the foster care system. None at all. Honestly, I hate them. I hate them both so much."

Leo suddenly shoots up and begins pacing. I let go of a breath that i've been holding in since he exploded with the "no". I haven't seen him this angry since...never.

"You know what...i'll go and meet them. Just to tell them how I feel. How I feel about having to go through all of that unnecessary bullshit. How I feel about them abandoning me. And most of all...how I feel about them having two spoiled kids...and deciding to let me go."

He stops, grabs his coat from the computer chair, and walks out of the room. Naturally I follow him with a soft sigh and heavy feet.

"I don't even know these people Kristen!" I hear a whining voice as I climb down the grand staircase, a hand trailing on the mahogany railing.

When I actually get to the bottom I notice that Leo is standing frozen as he stares at something beyond the dining room intently. I look in the direction where Leos eyes are and my breath catches in my throat.

"Lilly, its fine, okay? All of the girls coming are really sweet an-"

"Probably all uglier than me! And you know how ugly girls get...they get jelly and catty. Thats why I-"

"Don't have many girl friends as it is. I get it, okay? Well not really. I'm a lumpy potato," Kristen chuckles softly "But believe me, all of the girls are model status. They'll have nothing to be jealous of."

Lillith, Leos sister (whom i've only seen through private investigator taken photos a la my parents), crosses her arms and gives Kristen a pointed look. "You claim to be the ugly lumpy potato...yet you hang out in a group filled with model status girls? You're really stupid sometimes." She says with a roll of the eyes.

Kristen laughs out loud and then notices Leo and I. She looks between me and Leo, a question mark in her eyes, and then approaches us with Lillith in tow. Lillith keeps her eyes on Leo like a hungry tiger (wait until she finds out they're related) and Leo keeps his eyes on her like he may vaguely recognize her from somewhere, but just can't put his finger on it.

"Hey guys! Now is just as good as anytime to introduce you to my new friend, Lillith. Lillith, this is my cousin, Avery and her soon to be hubby, Leo."

Lillith extends a hand to Leo seductively, while Leo looks down at it like she's handing him a recently fired gun, but after a few hesitant seconds, he shakes it. When she's finally able to tear her gaze from Leo, her eyes widen as they take myself in.

"H-holy crap! You're THAT Avery! Avery Piest?!?!"

I raise a hand slowly with a soft smile. "Guilty."

Her eyes widen until they're the size of saucers. "I cheered so loudly for you during that one fashion show! The one for lingirie! Where you modeled for that sexy body suit from Bordelles! The one with the maroon lace! I bought it immediately after! And then after that I watched the whole walking dead spinoff in three days! You were amazing! You are amazing! And you two are related!"

The three of us watch as she jumps up and down and squeals, as her adderley petite from anthropologie and long light brown hair bounces around her.

"Will you be staying for the party Kristen is having? If so, we can discuss the tiny bit of modeling I did for Hollister and charlotte russe!"

I look pointedly at Kristen.

"We're having a party?" I ask, an eyebrow rising.

Kristen shrugs and looks down.

"The girls want to hang out." She says sheepishly looking up, her baby blues giving me the puppy dog.

I roll my eyes and turn back to Lilith.

"I'm sorry. But Leo and I have a few errands to run that we're actually a tad late for...maybe i'll see you later?"

Lillith smiles and without missing a beat jabs her bony elbow into Kristens side, emitting an "ooff" from my cousin making me chuckle. "You'll definitely being seeing me later. Ta-ta now! Nice meeting you!" She says hurriedly as Leo starts pulling me outside.

Once we're out and seated in my dads rolls royce that we've been driving in since i've found in that i'm pregnant. Leo puts his hands on the steering wheel and inhales deeply.

"I think...I have the sense that...that was my sister, huh?"

I nod, and all Leo does is pull in another heart wrenching sigh, and pulls out of the driveway.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Sooo...was it a group decision to stop posting or...?

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 pm
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
So for anyone that looks at the DT (Disscusion Topic) than you know we are starting a side story. Like, a break from the normal. For those that haven't looked there, WE ARE STARTING A SIDE STORY, A BREAK FROM THE NORMAL. The idea is Dystopian *excited* and it's about kids living on their own, running the world, no adults. This idea is all @Sunshine. So, let's start this thing.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:24 am
Sunshine says...

All me? Haha, @Nike is nice, but she did suggest Dystopian. Here it goes! I'm ready to storybook again!

Emmett Lopez I Dystopian warp- 'Doc Emmett' or 'Hospital Guy'

The old hospital creaks in its sleep. It has always done this. It was already old by the time we moved in, already used by generations of people; namely, adults. It's tired, but so am I. We make a good old pair.

What time is it? I raise my blurry thoughts to the clock on my wrist, a watch that still works. It's early, so early, but I have people to take care of. I always have people to take care of, in this new world. It is the sacrifice I decided to make.

I was twelve when it happened. My parents, like everybody over the age of twenty, started to get nervous. Everyday, the news was consumed with hints of diseases. There was already a war going on, a war that was killing thousands, and this new disease, this disease that latched on to every adult- it seemed hopeless. I tried to help them both, of course. My Mother kept on for awhile. I thought she was going to make it, but I was wrong. For someone who needs to be right, I am wrong very often. The government, what was left of them, grabbed the surviving adults and shut up. People over twenty catch The Disease, but not always. sometimes they go missing. Nobody knows what happens to them. I don't think anyone cares, except for me.

Kids rule the world. No help from anyone, just living on our lives in utter chaos. Yes, kids rule the world, and they suck at it.

I wander through the halls, peering into Taylor's room. My best friend and most loyal helper is sound asleep, mutter into his pillow. We had a girl die in childbirth recently, and I know that kind of thing really gets to him. Lacey, my sister, is not in her bed. This isn't surprising, as Lacey gets up to check on people like I do.

I go first to the sick kids, the small ones (water, wake up those who need medicine, make sure they are all okay), the big ones (water, make sure they have no complains). I go, then, to what I call the pregnancy ward. I figure Lacey would be there. She has a softness for the dozen girls- girls who wanted a baby for furthering humanity, girls who try to live in the moment, girls who were raped by those who were- in the ward. They're all okay, half still pregnant, the others nursing babies. They, too, have creaked with the old hospital. They're all disconcerted with the death of Maya. They're all surprisingly innocent. I've seen enough death. It doesn't bother me anymore.

I've checked all the rooms we use, and go to check the medical and drug supplies when I hear a loud banging at the front door. Front means sick, back means druggers. That's the system. I go to the door, seeing a familiar face.

"Will. What can I help you with?"

Will and his partner, Oliver, are decent enough guys. I know they try to help me out and keep balance to the world, but they're also pleasure seekers. The world is uncertain, so they take advantage of what they have. They could be the father to Mara's baby or to Sabrina's unborn one. They aren't, but they could be.

"I've brought you a girl." he gestures to the girl on the stretcher I gave him. I can see with one glance that she is not in good shape. "Oli and I found her the other day. On the street. She was doing okay, but lapsed into this. I had to come here for you."

"Help me bring her in, then. You know the place. TAYLOR! LACEY! SICK GIRL!"

Will and I carry the sick girl to the ER, a makeshift room with easy access. The girl is our age, and pale and sweaty. Taylor, knowing where to go, pops into the ER still in his boxers. Lacey doesn't show and I have to ignore the pain in my chest.Where is she?

"Oh, bad shape." Taylor says, waking up. "Hi, Will."

"Taylor."

Taylor starts to dab the girls forehead, and I start to strip off her sweaty clothes. (I don't trust him around a girl in bra and underwear. He's too sensitive.) I have to figure out what's wrong with her.

"Listen, Will, thanks. You can go." He lingers, staring at the girl. I start to get uncomfortable. "Will! Go."

He lingers, a distraction in the back of my head. I try to go along fixing the girl, but I know he has one last thing to say. They always do.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

The water is cool, no longer capable of its warming system after all of the power died and we were left to our generators. Even though dad bought over one hundred once people started dying off, we've still decided to monitor and limit our usage to the really cold days. But its alright. I prefer the colder weather anyways.

"Mommy?" my daughter calls softly, her tiny voice echoing in the indoor pool house.

I don't answer at first, not wanting to come out of the pool, to be a mother, a wife, a friend, a sister in law, anything. For just a few blissful seconds, I want to be what I could have been if everything hadn't gone to shit. A beautiful, care-free twenty one year old. I hold my breath and go under water until my breath runs out, and even then I consider not coming back up again.

"Mommy?!" I hear my daughters voice more shrill and panicked, and my instincts kick in when I push myself, resentfully, back up to the surface. Gasping and sputtering like an idiot, I meet my daughters teary blue eyes for one second before swimming to the shallow end and grabbing my towel. As I dry my hair and compose myself, I turn back to her in full mother mode.

"Yes, Caitlyn?" I ask my eight year old daughter, squatting to her level.

Before i can finish she's throwing her arms around me and squeezing me like her life depends on it. After a second of hesitation, i hold her tightly, and kiss her brown curly head of hair.

"That...kind of scared me." She mutters into my ear.

I pull back and meet her in the eyes. "I'm sorry for that. Now...whats up?"

She nods and I suddenly feel guilty for doing what I did in the pool. I wouldn't take back being a mother for anything. Even though I was only thirteen when I gave birth, and it was really hard going, I wouldn't take back the warmth I get from seeing my daughters smile for anything.

"A-aunty Kristin is getting worse. Daddy said that her fever isn't going away, and she keeps on throwing up.He said that it's weird, because she'll go through bouts of being normal and then she'll feel even worse. Mom...i'm scared."

As she spoke I had been changing back into my sweats again and by the time I finished, I grabbed her hand and started rushing back to the main part of the house.

"Really, its fine. I can walk to the city from here. If i take the back way, through the trees and everything, it'll lead me right into main street. Thats only three or four miles. I can make it."

"Why the hell are we considering letting her walk to that dreadful city? Everyone has gone feral. Why do you think that we haven't went outside of these gates since everything went to crap? Because of the riots, the rape, the murders, the stealing, dealing, and all of the shit that came with there being more kids than adults. How do we know that things haven't gotten even worse?" I say, walking into the large, still pristine, kitchen.

A few years before the plague or disease happened, my parents decided to get their own pipes, filter, and water from a nearby dam that has been running off of solar energy. It's left us with running hot water, which I have to say, I am truly grateful for.

"She's leaving because they have better medicine in the city, Avery. She's gonna grab a large bottle of water and some pills before she leaves, to get her by until she gets there." Leo explains to me, his tone annoyed at me joining the conversation, i'm guessing.

Leo has grown to despise me these last few years. It was all good and well when I was twelve. And then I got pregnant the next year and things were still going well. And then...that happened. Then more disagreements started popping up, and before I knew it, I couldn't stand to be in the same room with him. Thank god my house is big enough to have three wings, or else I would have had to see him everyday. As luck would have it, we plan things just so we won't have to see each other. When its check the gate day for him, its gardening in the greenhouse for me. When it's interior clean day for me, its clean the roof gutters for him. No contact, no arguments.

"And you're okay with this?" I ask her, quietly.

She smiles and nods. I can tell that Kristin isn't getting any better, and needs better medicine. Even though this is her in a good moment, she's still sweating and ghostly pale, and shivering even though she's in a large hoodie and baggy warm looking sweatpants.

"And you know not to tell them-" Tristan begins.

"Not to tell them where I came from, who I know, or any details on myself. And if i'm to tell them anything, to just say that i've been going from place to place, looking for somewhere permanent to live. Because if I do tell them that I live her, people will come here and try to get our food, generators, or just try to take our whole place. I understand." She says jokingly, as if reading an essay.

Tristan nods and eyes her lovingly. Tristan has grown to fall head over heels for my cousin, since i've opened up my home to him, one week after the plague began. Her dorky jokes, lively periwinkle eyes, dancers body, and constant positivity has turned his heart upside down.

"And what else?" Lilly, Leo's biological sister, asks.

"No drugs, alcoholic beverages, or anything that will reveal where i come from. Not even drugs for surgery. Just ask them to knock me out, or just bear with it. I know this stuff guys. Let me get going before it turns dark out. Alright?"

"Do you want me to walk with you?" Chayton asks worriedly.

She shakes her head and smiles again.

"Nope, nope. I'll be fine."

As she hops off of the marble kitchen island, I hear her pill bottle jingle in her pocket, as she goes to grab a bottle of water. Before she walks out of the back door, I give her a bone crushing hug and a huge kiss on the cheek.

"Be safe, alright?" I ask, trying not to reveal the worry in my own voice.

"Of course, boo bear. If i'm not back in four days, feel free to raid and kill everyone in town." she says jokingly.

When I walk back in, a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, I return to see that Leo and Caitlyn are gone.

"He went to go work out with her in the gym." Chayton says, explaining their disappearance.

I nod. Caitlyn loves running on the treadmill. Something tells me that if things were normal, she would be a young track star. She can run for miles without running out of breath.

"You wanna start dinner, or take a much needed break...?" I turn to Chayton and immediately understand what he's talking about. I know that I shouldn't but...

"Alright." I say quietly, and we both head down to the basement.

When we flick on the lights, our massive food and supply collection is revealed. From the racks of canned food, to the long lasting bagged and packaged food, to the jarred food, to the toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorants, lotion, scrubs, razors, shaving cream, first aid, rope, tape wood, everything. In this huge basement, the size of a moderately sized supermarket. And even more supplies in the store house outside. Lets just say that my father...wanted to be very prepared for emergencies. The things in here could last us for up to twenty more years or more if we kept the number of people that we have now.

Chayton and I walk to the very back of the basement, to a small door on the side. When we walk in, the smell is strong and pungent, and so, so sweet. Something I haven't smelled in months. Chayton sits next to the grown plant and pulls off four thick nuggets from below its five green leaves. He then reaches into a box near the wall and pulls out a huge, glass and metal grinder. He puts the nuggets in, grinds them, and them pulls out two large glass bongs from the box. I take mine gratefully, pile mine to the top and then smoke it in one quick movement. The smoke hits my head immediately, and suddenly i'm hit with such an energized and relaxed feeling, that I boost to my feet.

"Shit!" I say with a cough to Chayton who's just sitting there smiling. " You couldn't give me something soft and mellow, but some crazy sativa that makes me want to do a backflip?"

"That, my beauty, is the Jack Herer. The strongest sativa. Ever, I hear."

"Yet, you were able to give yourself purple haze, which is definitely more of what I need. And you know that."

"Yeah..." he says slowly "because you're needed for gardening outside Ave. A quick picker upper can do no wrong. Right?"

I shrug and sit back down to take another hit.

"Avery?" Chayton says my name sadly and looking at me seriously.

"Yeah?" I ask after blowing out the smoke from another hit.

"Recently, i've been thinking more and more about what happened all of that time ago...with Colton. And I wanted to apologize to you. For what happened."

My heart feels as if its burning and suddenly, I don't feel like I can breathe. All of that time back then...giving birth to Caitlyn who came out healthy as can be. And Colton...who came out with the umbilical cord around his neck. Who wouldn't wake up. My eyes brim with tears, like they always do when I think of my baby. I hurriedly get up and begin walking out of the room.

"It's fine. Totally fine. Nothing that you could have done. Let me just get to that gardening." I say, rushing out of the basement, all the way upstairs, and outside to the greenhouse where we grow things from cabbage to carrots and fruit.

And then I just sit down and cry. I don't mean to but everytime...I blame myself. I know that its not my fault but at the same time...it is my fault. And thats one hole in my heart that pot won't ever be able to fix.
Last edited by Desticakes101 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:45 am
Desticakes101 says...

Kirstin

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all..." I think to myself, as I stop in the middle of the dense forest again for yet another coughing fit that shakes my whole body.

Too late to turn back now I guess. I've already walked the three miles, and have coughed up blood around four times within the three to four hours its taken me to walk through here. It truly wouldn't have taken me so long before, but I can't walk to fast without running out of breath and feeling as if i'm going to faint. Not to mention that i've also take three twenty minute breaks to catch my breath and recuperate.

Atleast it's given me time to think. And at the same time...its truly exciting. And nerve wracking. I mean...I haven't seen anybody but my group for the past eight or nine years now. I've been cooped up inside of Averys huge home, seeing the same people everyday. The only thing thats kept me from going insane is the sheer size of the home. And its huge back yard, storage house, indoor pool house, greenhouse, and basement. I actually have nothing to complain about. Other than the fighting.

The constant arguing between Leo and Avery when they're in the same place for too long. Its annoying everybody, and hurting their daughter. Caitlyn, to my surprise, hides her hurt well. When the arguing begins, she usually just makes her way upstairs to her room with a somber expression. The girl is more of an adult than any of us. I've never seen my niece break down, and she does any chores given to her in a timely and organized manner. And when all else fails, she smiles. Something that her mother used to do a lot.

My thoughts come to a stop when i find myself looking up at the sign of main street, having walked myself all the way here, too trapped in my own head, to even acknowledge that i'm now surrounded by kids. Kids carrying boxes, or pushing carts into apartment buildings. All gruff and wearing dirty clothes. Their hair matted down and greasy, their faces holding looks of maturity that they are far too young to know what to do with. And then me, with my recently washed hair and name brand baggy sweats. The only reason that i'm able to slightly blend in is because I look sick and my sweats are slightly dirtied up for walking in the forest, and from coughing up blood. If it wasn't for that, i'd stick out like a blood stain on a white suit.

I begin walking to where I faintly remember where Avery told me the hospital was. I've never been to Harmony itself. The town, I mean. Last time I visited Avery in America, was when I was staying in a hotel in New York City with my parents, but I never visit the actual town that she lived in.

Suddenly, it feels like a knot is in my stomach, and I find myself plopping onto the sidewalk with a small gasp. The knot is big and painful, like a charlie horse in my stomach, and it makes it so hard to breath that I find myself having to hold my breath to try to hold back the tidal wave of pain. And then the coughing begins, and when that suddenly subsides I find myself looking down at a blood clot in my hand. My head suddenly feels light and I know that i'm going to pass out.

"Hey? Are you alright?" A guy says, squatting down next to me.

I can hardly make out individual features, everything is so blurry. But listening to his voice is like hearing a lullaby. Soothing and urging me to go to sleep. So I do. Everything after that comes in flashes. Being shook by some guy with brown hair and gray eyes. Being carried in his arms. Two guys holding a stretcher. Me, leaning over to vomit on the side, onto the sidewalk. My clothes being taken off by another guy with golden skin and an intent look in his own eyes. The guys leaving. And the last scene I remember before completely passing out is me meeting the guy with the lullaby voices eyes before he walks out.

"How do you not know where she is?! I saw her yesterday, so I guess that she just up and disappeared, huh?"

"How am I supposed to know? She's your sister! You should be taking tabs on her, just a little, don't you think?"

And then a sigh.

"I'm sorry Taylor. I didn't...mean to yell at you like that. It's just that since Maya..."

"I know, Em. It's cool. You go ahead and take care of this one, and i'll look for her. alright?"

When I open my eyes,I see the guy with the golden skin nodding, his back towards me. When the other guy in front of him walks off, the guy sighs again, and turns to me. And then he jumps when he sees my eyes open and studying him.

"Oh! You're awake. All right, so um first, whats your name?" he asks, sitting on a stool, next to the hospital bed i'm laying on.

"Joanna." I say, lying just to make sure to cover my tracks. Avery always could have mentioned a german cousin named Kristin.

"Alright Joanna, i'm Emmett. Not quite a doctor, but the best thing we've got under the circumstances. Now...do you have a past with drugs, or have you been taking any previously? Please don't lie. It won't help either of us."

I shake my head and he nods.

"Good. You don't look like a druggy. Your hair is still long and full, and your skin looks all clear aside from the paleness. Now...what do you think is going on with you?"

I shrug, still remaining silent. He sighs again.

"Well, from what I can tell due to your symptoms, the coughing up blood, the vomiting, the chills, the paleness and sweating, i'm pretty sure that you have pneumonia. I've already given you some antibiotics that should help with that, or atleast thats what my book of medicine states, and their strong enough so that you'll start feeling better almost immediately. Cool?"

I nod. He sighs. There's a growing pattern here that i'm starting to notice.

"So due to this, I'll be keeping you here for the next week at least, to just monitor-"

"No!" I cut him off, a bit louder than necessary and clear my throat. "I mean...no thank you."

He stares at me intently before continuing.

"To monitor your progress. Pneumonia can easily become fatal. I would appreciate not having that happen to you. Wherever you need to be can definitely wait the next week for you to get better. Where are you from anyways?"

"I've just been wandering. Keeping towards myself. I wouldn't want to be a burden, so i'm quite sure that I should leave."

"Wandering around has certainly kept you healthy, I see. Healthier than a lot of the kids in this town. You're not underweight, and aside from the pneumonia, you seem very healthy. " He says suspiciously." Many of them are malnourished and starving. Its winter so we haven't been able to garden, and our canned and jarred foods are steadily running out."

The guilt hits me hard, and it takes a lot to not just blab that I could help. We have almost too much food, a functioning greenhouse, heat, running water, the works. We could help. We really, truly, could. Hell, Avery is pretty sure that her old friend Linnie is probably running her grandmothers farm that she was supposed to be staying at when the disease started. We've been debating, and have finally come to the decision that we would pack our supplies and go over there. Maybe for a break, or to live there permanently. And while we're considering adding meat to our large menu of food, kids are starving just a few miles away. We could help.

But then...I promised them that I wouldn't do exactly that. Give all of what we own without a group vote first. I promised. So I just sigh and choke out a quick "Sorry."

He keeps silent and looks me in the eye for a few seconds that feel like hours. He knows that i'm lying. He knows that people don't just have food to give to a complete stranger anymore. He knows.

"One week. You heal up all the way, and then you go back to wherever you reside. Okay?"

I nod, and as he walks out he shoots me one last look, one look thats half pleading half hatred. One that begs me to help the other sick kids. One that says that he hopes that I burn in hell. One more look, and then he walks out.

267 Reviews

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 pm
Nike says...

William Franco - Dystopian

"Good that we found that girl. She was in really bad condition." Oliver said, his face stern. "Emmett knows what he's doing,"

I ran my hands through my hair, trying to forget how she looked. I hated seeing anyone in such pain, and she was the worst. Limbs stiff, skin pale white and lips cracked. It made me sick watching the teenagers hot the age when The Disease was at large. Emmett told me it's gone, it won't affect us. But I'm always worried.

"So, are we gonna hunt now?" Oliver asked, looking at me.

I sighed, "We gotta eat," and we went.

Something about those same woods in the evening made it eiry. That girl was here, injured. It's not like we were any safer. We did know how to defend ourselves, that's all we could do.

The dirt under or feet dusted around us, it was dry. No rain has come for a few weeks now. I looked up, catching sight of the trees around me. Their skin looked fragile as it ripped apart. All it needed was water, water that wasn't coming. I sighed, stuffing my hands into my pant pockets.

"Did you know that girl?" Oliver asked out of nowhere.

I gave him a side ways glance. "The one we just brought in?"

He nodded.

"I don't know her, Oli." I huffed, shaking my head. "Why are you even asking?"

"Just curious,"

I got frustrated, my breath racing. Oliver said the strangest things and in this situation it was not best to get hung over about an injured girl.

"I have to go to Harley, she needs my help at the home." Oliver huffed. "I'll see you."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 am
Ciblio says...

Harley

I slipped my hand around the handle, and pulled hard. With a loud creak, the door opened as I pulled it.
"Missus?" A questioning, but familiar voice, said aloud.
"Yeah, it's me. Doing my daily rounds. We need to get your door fixed, if only we had more help around here.." I said, mumbling the last part to myself.
"Need any help?" The person, a new guest, asked.
I chuckled delightfully, but shook my head. "No, no. Do you need anymore water, food? The boys just got back. I think they've brought back plenty to refill water bottles. As for food..well, I don't know yet. I could check, if you'd like."
"I don't suppose you have a medium rare steak, and some old wine?" Cali laughed a bit at herself, but that then changed into an abrupt coughing fit.
I cringed, she'd had that cough ever since she arrived. "Don't you think you should go to the hospital? Really. It's not that far away from here. I could send one of the boys with you..."
She shook her head, and waved her hand at me, ending her fit.
I frowned, but nodded once. "I ought to go. I'll see you later. And I'll see if we can find any cough medicine."
The young girl smiled appreciatively, and nodded. "Thank you, Miss. Harley."
I smiled one last time at her, then left, pulling the door shut behind me.
"Oh! There you are," someone said from behind me, startling me. "I've been looking for you everywhere."
"What do you need, Wyatt?" I asked, holding my chest.
"Someone stole the food. I was in the room, and I just looked away for a second...then I remember waking up on the floor...in an almost empty room." He explained, his face pale.
"It's okay. It wasn't your fault, alright? We can fix this. How much did they bring in today?" I asked calmly, even though I was screaming on the inside.
"Not quite enough...but I think we can split it up enough for the guests. But that means a few people won't eat today."
I tapped my chin thoughtfully, and started walking to the next room. "We won't eat. The guests come before us, I told you that when I hired you. Tell the other employees that they won't eat, either. If they have any food left over from previous days, they are to share with their neighbors. Am I clear?"
Wyatt looked down, and nodded.
"I know we're scarce on food and other supplies, but we'll make it through. That's a promise, okay?" I said, reaching for the handle.
He lifted his head back up, and smiled weakly. "Thank you."
He turned away, and started back down the hallway.
Opening the door, I stepped inside, and greeted the guest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
After making my rounds, I lazily walked back downstairs, and met up with my younger step- sister, Callie.
"Did you finish?" She asked, her Scottish accent drifting through her voice.
She'd been born and raised in Scotland, and had only been on America a year before everything started going downhill. Our parents had met at the grocery store I believe. They married 5 months after meeting.
We were teased a lot because our parents were both women, but I didn't mind having two moms. It was actually pretty cool.
Until, well, adults started getting sick.
Little by little, people were dying off...and soon, it was basically only kids.
Callie and I were lost, not sure what there was to do anymore.
The world was lonely without older people telling us what to do.
One day the two of us decided to do something that would help other kids in need. And that decision led us to opening up a hotel.
"Yeah. Did you?" I asked quietly, pulling my hair up, and wrapping a old hair tie around it to keep it in place.
"Not yet...your hair is still really pretty, Arls." Cal said, her hands shoved into the pockets of her worn out jeans.
"Yeah, sure." I scoffed, looking at my feet.
She was silent, but then spoke up again. "How are we gonna get through this?"
"I told you. Just...just trust me, alright? Don't start acting weak now, sis. We have to be strong to pull through." I said, still trying to convince myself that we could actually pull through.
Callie sniffled, and nodded.
"I'm gonna go start splitting food up. Come help when you finish your rounds." I said, pushing myself off the wall.
She nodded, and we went separate ways.
As I walked down the hallway, my mind drifted to the hotel. We needed someone to protect the entrances, so we couldn't be robbed again. Maybe I could find some more kids that could be, like, officers. Or, no, guards. Yeah.
Once I'd reached the others, I looked amongst the young faces. My eyes landed on one of my runners, someone who does errands and searches for supplies.
"Jimmie!" I called, catching his attention.
He pushed through some of the kids, and stood in front of me.
He was quite tall, at least 6'0.
"Think you could find me a few kids? I need guards. Tell them that....they'll be provided with a home, food, and water." I said, staring up at him.
"Actually, there was a few kids who wondered in earlier. Said they were looking for a job. I told them to wait for the boss to get back. And your back. They're sitting in the lobby waiting for you." He told me, scratching at a scab on his cheek.
I smiled gratefully, and turned away, heading towards the lobby.
As I approached the my destination, I locked eyes with a boy who sat next to another boy.
Taking it that these were the boys I was told about, I smiled. "Waiting for someone?"
"Yeah, um.." The boy whom I was sharing eye contact with started. "the boss? We've been waiting for him for awhile now."
I chuckled. "First of all, he's a she. A second, I'm sorry about that."
The boys eyes widened a bit. "I'm sorry...I didn't know."
My smile widened. "That's alright. How could you've, right?"
The boy didn't reply, by instead just stared wide-eyed.
I breathed in heavily, and exhaled quietly. "So you guys need a job?"
The other boy perked up instantly, his dirty face somewhat lightening.
"I take that as a yes." I said, smiling. "I need some guards. Earlier son kids took a lot of our food, and we barley have enough to feed our guests. Think you two can handle it? We will provide you with a room, food, and water."
Without hesitation, both boys nodded, standing up now.
"Oh, I never introduced myself. I'm Harley."
"I'm Alex, this is Owen. And we'll take the job. Thank you...so much, Miss." Alex said, smiling brightly.
"I want you to go walk around, take everything in, get used to being here. You will be here for awhile, I'm sure."
With a nod, I turned away, and started walking back to the others.
Suddenly feeling worn out, I stopped, and leaned my forehead up against the wall, sighing.
Today had been a long day, somehow longer than the others. Maybe cause I'd been up all night.
With another sigh, I started to push off the wall, but felt warm arms slip around my small, fragile body.
"You look tired." The person said. It was the deep, husky voice that made me remember them. "Long day?"
I smiled a bit, and spun around, immediately locking eyes with Luther's, "You know it."
"Have you taken a break yet?" He asked, his voice sending shivers down my spine.
As he leaned in close to my face, I shook my head. Closing the space between us, I moved my lips with his, already wanting more.
To my disappointment, he pulled away. "Wanna take it now?"
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:16 am
dragonthief1 says...

Alexander Smith

Finally. A place we could call home, for now.I glanced at Owen who sighed wearily."Well mate, looks like we got a job to do." We took a quick walk around the compound and returned to the front. The other guy, Jimmie I think, glanced at us."Like what you see?" I shook my head."Bro, this place is crap. I mean seriously, it look like it's going to collapse any day." Jimmi's eyes hardened."We do the best with what we have." I grinned at him."Luckily, you live two blocks away from a lumber company. And Owen here used to work a couple months as a construction worker with his dad. W can easily fix up the place." I turned towards Owen and nodded."Boyo, grab the horses." Jimmie glanced at us." What's your story?" I smiled as Owen left.
"My father had a little Ranch, 25 miles outside of Harmony. Mainly horses, some cattle. When my parents were gone, I went for a little gander down the highway. Found Owen getting the tar beaten out of him by a couple guys. Scared them off and took him in. The ranch was doing fine but then the wolves started comng. Picking off colts and cows. There were much too many to hunt down. We lost most of the livestock. At one point, we had the remaining animals in the house with us. Then we decided to leave." I turned as Jimmy stared behind me." We made our escape with 9 horses, four dogs, five pounds of bacon, which we will gladly give to your cooks, hammers,nails, some sleeping pads which we will also give, some coffee and chocolate. We can give most of the stuff to the hotel 'ceptin the horses and dogs. Armamentwise we have 6 winchester rifles, enough ammuntion to fight off a small army 2 shotguns and 4 revolvers."
"We were better off then most folks, and we are ready to do our part. Mister, Texas is in my blood, so I'm not some wannabe gunslinger. I know how to shoot. And kill if neccesary." Jimmie lowered his voice."You guys will be a great asset, but where are you going to store the animals? And you need to hide the guns. No one can know we have a small armoury. And you will need to tell the boss. We could use the horses for scavenging, and the weapons for hunting and protection, but what about the dogs? We don't have dog food." I smiled." These arent regular dogs sir. They don't need dog food. They'll do great with food we hunt. They can play with the younger ones, they do not bite, and they make great guard dogs. Owen and I can make a makeshift stable for now, and hide the weapons we won't be using."
Jimmie nodded." Ok, Cowboy, take your stuff to the back. I can watch the horses and dogs."I smiled. We can actually set up in the little field behind the hotel. Perfect grazing for the horses." I nodded at Owen and we unpacked the food and other supplies and handed them off to some kids Jimmie called.
Spoiler! :
2 Hours Later
"Where you buffing?" Edward asked. He was one of the young men the boss had sent to keep and eye on us. We had set up our little tent in the back of the hotel, and had the horses tied up. Anyone who could cook was busy making food for the young'uns.Shane had spent the last hour teaching Edward the basics too shooting. I had guard duty to go too, and would leave the two too getting ready to start moving some lumber here to start working tommorow on repairing the hotel.
I mounted one of the horses and placed my winchester in the saddle holster. I nodded at the two." Have fun buddies. Lose a horse I will gut you." Edward paled slightly and looked at Shane for comfort who grinned wickedly." I'll catch up too you boys later." I rode toward the front of the hotel then hitched the horse to a gate. The only weapon I had on me was my revolver." Very much the cowboy." I whirled around and saw Jimmie grinning at me."Can you play the guitar as well?" I stuck my tongue out at him and he grinned." The boss wants to talk to you in her office." I nodded and headed towards her office. i paused and watched Harley move among the children, handing out plates, and small cups of hot chocolate. She was a very gentle woman.
I walked into her office. Her lieutanant nodded politely at me."What news of the outside world?" He asked, a small smile on his face." Stocks are falling and Wal-Mart has a sale going on." We both smiled a little, then the boss joined us." What can you tell me?" I nodded and took off my hat."Theres a group of boys going around, calling themselves the Brotherhood. Raping, any lone girl they find, robbing or murdering. Whichever comes first to those monsters. I think we saw a couple a way back. They were surrounding a woman. A shame too. She looked too sick to walk. Other news... we can start repairs tommorow. THis old shack will look much better."
The boss spoke."Alex, I want to apologize. I just worry about his place and the other day we go robbed pretty bad. The stuff you brought will help us, but it definitly won't be enough." I nodded."WE can hunt, but the brotherhood and predators will make it hard." I glanced at my watch."Well, I'll leave you two too the running of things." I nodded and headed outside.
Last edited by dragonthief1 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:23 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Luther

Spoiler! :
WARNING! STEAMY STUFF ALERT. I REPEAT: STEAMY STUFF ALERT! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK XD

Mmm. It felt nice to have Harley in my arms again. It feels like it's been too long. She smelled like fresh cut Strawberries and Cucumber. She also looked like she needed to relax.

"Oh lord yes," she moaned. "I feel completely strung out, and i'm not even on drugs."

"Never fear," I kiss her on her forehead. "your Knight in shining Armor is here to save the day."

"Oh?" she raises an eyebrow. "And how would that be?"

"Let's head back to your room and i'll show you," I gave her a sly smile.

"It seems to me that you're just trying to take advantage of me in my vulnerable state." she put a hand to her forehead in mock dismay.

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her until she couldn't stand straight without holding onto me, then I kissed her some more. When I pulled back, she looked half dazed, her cheeks Rosy. I loved that look on her.

"Ok," she said breathlessly. "let's go."

The sound of the door clicking closed was all I needed to hear before I hauled Harley against me, backing her against the wall and holding her there while I plundered her plump and delicious lips. She moaned into my mouth wrapping her arms around me. Her body felt so soft and warm and inviting. Lifting her off of the floor, I ground against her in earnest, loving the way she wrapped her legs around my waist. I loved the way she felt against me, panting and moaning my name.

"Oh yes," she sighed, her head falling back against the wall as her back arched.

My mouth slid down to her neck, where I kissed and nipped and sucked. She tasted delightful. Her fingers dug into my shoulders where Harley held onto me. That tells me i'm doing something right. I reinforce my efforts, sliding against her body with more vigor, loving the way her thighs tighten around my hips and the sweet sound of her crying out.

"That's right, sweetheart," I whisper. "There's a lot more where that came from."
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"It's been four days! All she was supposed to do was get the medicine, take one day as a breather, survey the wreckage of the town, and come back. What in the hell could be taking her so long?!" I exclaim at our group, while everyone else rakes in my words with somber expressions.

"Maybe she needed a surgery...?" Ashton says, finally joining a group conversation, after having missed the last few.

"We're kids! Or well...Twenty year olds! We don't know how the fuck to operate!" I yell.

I continue pacing until Leo comes up to me and stops me with a hand to the shoulder. And boy, does it shock me. He hasn't touched me in years. Maybe the accidental brush of hands when reaching for something, but nothing intentional.

"Come on." He says quietly, sliding his hand down to my arm and giving me goosebumps in the process. "Lets go somewhere else to talk. You're freaking everyone else out."

I nod and he tugs on my arm. When we finally reach his destination, my emotions have finally begun to get the best of me. I haven't cried since the day I lost Colton, and it felt like my insides had frozen over to the point of just not feeling anymore. But the thought of Kristin being in danger just...just...

"Hey," Leo says, his eyes filled with worry...and pointed towards me nonetheless. "Please...come on V. You know that I don't know what to do when you get all emotional." He says after a sob escapes my mouth.

I shake my head and back away from him, and he looks at me like i'm some kind of wounded animal.

"Talk to me, Avery. Please. Thats usually the only way that you'll feel better." He says, the worry in his voice almost convincing me.

"Fuck you, Leo. Fuck you. When I truly needed you before, you decided to blame the one thing I couldn't control and wished like hell I could, on me. It wasn't my fault that Colton died, Leo! It...it wasn't anyones-"

I'm cut off by him walking up to me and just looking down at me with this fierce look in his eyes. He doesn't move and for a second my heart and breathing stop, which had both been going at a road runners pace anyways.

"He's going to hit me. Today is finally the day that he slaps the crap out of me." I say to myself in my head. But I never look away from his eyes.

And then, to my surprise, in one blurring movement, he's wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and pulling me crushingly close. He's was so fast that I let out a surprised gasp and just stand there for a few seconds, not knowing what to do or what to say or what to think. But after I remember that this isn't a dream, and that the man I both despise and love so very, very much is embracing me, I get on my tip toes and wrap my arms around his neck. And then I just close my eyes and lean on him for support.

"Avery...you're right. You're so, so right. What happened to Colton...to our baby...wasn't your fault at all. I've been an ass. And i'm...i'm so sorry for blaming you. I truly am. We have a beautiful daughter that we're constantly arguing in front of. For something that neither of us could change, nor help. And even if you take away that aspect V...I-I still love you. I love you so much. I've hated and loved you since that day but...I only love you now. Just please tell me that you forgive me."

He looks down at me, with his passionate blue eyes filled with just...emotion. And I can't speak. So I show him instead by tilting my face up and closing my eyes. It's his choice. And this will decide everything else later. Whether we could go back to what we were, or we have to just be friends. But I want more. So much more.

And my wish for more is fulfilled when his soft lips touch mine, soft as a feather at first, and then slowly deepening until we're kissing each other like our lives depends on it. And I feel so alive! With his hands caressing, squeezing, teasing my untouched body. It's been years since i've been touched like this. Well...not counting...

I pull away with a gasp and blurt out "I fucked Ashton!"

His lips crash down on mine again for a few seconds and then he's pulling back with his own gasp saying "Kristin and I had sex!"

He looks down at me and I look up at him, and before we know it, we're both cracking up. I haven't laughed like this in years. When we both finally die down a bit and look at each other, I sigh.

"Kristin...I have to go and find her." I say quietly.

"I'll go and get her Avery. You just stay here and watch out for-"

"You're both are idiots!" Chayton says, a huge goofy smile on his face while he looks between us, as Caitlyn swings her feet from where she's sitting on his shoulders. "It would only make sense if I go of course."

At that I stifle a laugh at the thought of our resident pothead making a journey like that through the dense woods facing the fenced backyard of our place. At the sight of my grin, Caitlyn smiles brightly, her blue eyes twinkling as she does. And suddenly, I know that I can't go through there, to the city. I can't even run the risk of getting hurt, for fear that I may hurt this girl in any way. She's my angel. If I ever hurt her, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

And when I look beside me, and see Leo's face staring so intently at Caitlyn, I know that he can't go either. Neither of us could do it, because we both need to be here for our daughter.

" I mean, i'm not sure Chayton. It's dangerous out there. But um...if you are gonna go, I also have just one request.Or well two. One is to check out the surveying area. Tell me what the city is like, how the kids are, weapons, vehicles, etc. I wanna know what we're up against, if Kristin did just so happen to be drugged and she told anybody what we have or where we are. I don't want to resort to...well that. I mean we still have a generator constantly chugging on gas just so that we can keep our cameras around the house working and the gate closed. But still."

"Yes, ma'am. And your other request?"

Before I answer, I run upstairs to the room I haven't been in, in years. Too many memories of what i've lost. I rush over to the bulletin board over my computer desk, and I rip off all of the pictures. I then rush back downstairs, and hand them to Chayton.

"This is Will...my old best friend from middle school," I begin with a small smile. " And then here's Luna, Lena, Jane, and Emmett...while you're out there...just find out if these guys are still alive. Don't tell anyone about me or that you know me. If anyone asks, just say that Kristin had stayed with you in the next town over for a while and that you knew that she was sick, so you went looking. If all else fails, say that you have feelings for her or something. But please, Chayt...check to see how these guys are. Although myself, Emmett, and Jane weren't all that close, they still came to my birthday parties and get togethers. But...especially look out for Luna, Lena, and Will."

I point at all of us smiling when we were young at my twelfth birthday party. We had taken a group picture, and although everyone has grown and matured, I know that they must look a tad bit like their old selves. Or atleast I hope that they do.

"Well...i'm going to go get myself a few blunts, a bottle of water, some fruit, and a hunting knife. Don't worry. I'll be back with her, I promise."

I nod as he puts Caitlyn down and walks out. She yawns loudly and stretches.

"Ma, i'm gonna go get some more sleep. I'll do my chores later...if thats alright?"

I nod and smile down at her.

"Of course it is, honey. Have a nice sleep."

When she leaves the room I turn back to Leo who's facing me with a smirk.

"So," He begins, his voice low, as he steps forward and puts a hand on my waist. " What shall we do now...that nobody needs us. With all of this time on our hands..."

He trails his hand up my side until it reaches the back of my neck. He gently nudges me forward until we're just a breathe apart and I have goosebumps all over.

"Well...I have an idea of something that we could...possibly explore...in my bed." I say, my voice a bit breathless.

He smiles, and then slowly kisses my lips, not too lightly or too hard, but a soft press of his against mine, that deepens at a snails pace, but also leads me to wanting more. So. Much. More.

"I think..." He says, backing up and liking his upper lip slowly. "That i'm going to go get that old bottle of napa cabernet sauvignon, and let you get prepared. Sound good?"

I can't speak and only nod. And as I walk upstairs, my huge smile is hardly a fraction of what i'm feeling inside.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Spoiler! :
Okay, warning, my sister and Almond helped me write this (they actually wrote all of it xD), and I believe my innocence has been broken just by reading it. AND I AM SO EMBARRASSED TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAUSE IT'S SO SEXUAL LIKE OMG. So, um, beware?

Harley

"That's right," Luther's husky voice whispered. "There's a lot more where that came from."

I shivered, and clung to him as he left sweet kisses on my neck.

"Lu-ah, Luther..." I moaned, trying to say a full sentnce without giving in to him.

It seemed quite impossible.

With a grunt, he lifted me off of the door, and walked over to my bed, my legs still around his waist.Gently, he lay me on the bed, and hovered above me. Without anymore hesiataion, he dove back in, licking and kissing at the spot behind my ear, my sweet spot. Moaning again, I tightened my grip around his waist with my thighs.

Luther's body grinded against mine as he pulled away from my neck, and pressed his lips onto mine. My moans were muffled by his kisses, but not for much longer.

Releasing my lips, he went back to my sweet spot, while I breathed heavily, not capable of holding back my pleasure. Without saying anything, I began to move my hips with his, earning a groan. My toes curled against the comforter on the bed as he rubbed roughtly against me, my breath catching in my throat.

"Don't stop," I panted, biting my lower lip. "Please don't stop."

Luther grabbed my wrists, pinning them above my head with one hand, ripping my shirt and bra open with the other one. I shivered at the rush of excitement that zipped through my body. My body felt so hot, though the air was cool against my exposed skin. He ripped off my pants and underwear with a quick yank. After tossing them aside, he slowly pulled his shirt over his head, the muscles of his well defined chest and arms rippling with power. He then, oh so slowly, unbuckled his belt and undid his pants as I watched, but didn't take them off.

"Keep your hands right where they are," he instructed, a stern look on is face, then a smirk. "and enjoy."

I lay there in a sweaty mess, trying to catch my breath as Luther sat up, looking like he'd just won the lottery. I felt completely boneless, and slightly high off of what had just happened, though I couldn't explain what it was.

"Some break, huh?" he smiled wide

I laughed. "I didn't know you could do that with your fingers.... And your mouth."

"You'll find out soon enough what else I can do with my other body parts," he reaches into his back pocket, pulling out what looks like a square shaped foil packet. "and that's a promise."

He still had his pants on, but it looked like that was about to change. Then someone knocked on my door, breaking the mood. If looks could kill, whoever was on the other side of my door would be dead from the expression on Luther's face. He zipped his pants back up, moving off of the bed.

"I'll go check it out," he was out of the room in a flash.

When he came back, he didn't look any happier. He picked his shirt off of the floor and put it on. I sat up. "What's going on?"

"It's Luna. Something's come up and I have to go meet her." he sighed.

I couldn't hide the disappointment Luther saw on my face. He came to sit down on the bed beside me.

"Don't be sad," he kissed me. "It looks like Luna found the asses who stole your supplies, so you should be happy."

I squealed in joy, throwing my arms around him and kissing him. He rolled on top of me taking advantage of the opportunity. I tried to trap him against me, but he got away with a smile playing at his lips. "Behave now, little missy. I can't be seduced by you just yet. I have a job to do."

"Alright then. Hurry back." I kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes ma'am," he winked before leaving. "You can count on it."
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:01 am
Sunshine says...

Taylor James I That Other Hospital Guy

Emmett, like always, is worried. I, as always, have a relatively light burden, but it I swear to whatever God there is that pebbles can feel like heavy weight if you press hard enough.

Emmett's got enough on his hands, with the sick girl, but he's still worried about Lace, and it's my duty as his friend to check the entire hospital. There are layers and layers of unused rooms, and Lacey and I take enough breaks in their midst. We like old things, and the hospital smells ancient, of times better than these, even with all the illness.

I travel, weave in and out of rooms and labs, a room Lacey set up as her music room, plenty of places where she could be. They echo. The echoes bounce back, and they strike enough worry at my heart so that I feel like Emmett. I don't want to loose anyone else. I don't want to loose anyone else. I've lost so much already.

Oh, I'm starting to sound like Emmett, but dammit, at least he was sensible about it. I just worry and worry without any knowledge to it.

Lacey wouldn't go away. There's no way.

I need to distract myself. I wander the hallways a little longer, just to make sure, check the druggies entrance. No Lacey passed out in the back, damaged or hurt. No Lacey anywhere.

No wonder Emmett was freaked. It's like he had a third sense or something.

I need to distract myself. I go back to the patient ward to see my favorite girl.

"Jas, hey. How's it going?"

Jasmine sits up. She's looking a lot better than she did before. She looks better everyday, her skin getting color and her eyes getting bright. She always looks happy to see me. Soft music, her music (she was a child star) cranks in the background. I know she's had a rough night when she puts that on. I switch it out for some of my better taste.

"I'm okay."

"Rough night?"

"Lots of noises. Lots of noises, and its hard for me. I feel better, though. Sickness-wise."

Jas had been in the hospital for weeks now. She had a strong fever and some other symptoms I don't know or care about. Emmett treated her, but I was there for her. That's my job in this hospital; Emmett pretends he knows what he's doing, but I am the support system.

"Good, Jasmine. " I hold up her CD. "Are you still sure you want this? I could burn it, if you want."

"How many times have you asked? It keeps me awake, but it keeps me going."

"Whatever, Jas. It's your choice. You might get an ego, eventually, listening to yourself over and over again."

"Haha, Taylor."

Somehow sarcasm still makes her smile.

I move into her bed, and she moves up. I grab her hairbrush and run it through her hair, moving the strands into a braid. It helps us both forget.

I'm a good braider. I used to have a little sister, but I don't know what happened to her. I can't save everyone. That was the first lesson of the new world, but I still try.

"Taylor?"

"Jasmine?"

"Thank you for this."

'This' is all I ever do. It's all I can do.

"Jas, it isn't a problem. You know that."

"I know."

I'm in love with her. I want to press her against the wall and kiss her until I couldn't kiss her anymore. I wanted to move my hands around her body, and wanted her to do the same. That would make me just as bad as all the pleasure seekers, but I couldn't help it; I did. She was beautiful, even sick, but I couldn't burden her. She had enough issues.

Though, so did I, with Lacey missing.

Life was never easy.
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am
Desticakes101 says...

Chayton

She's beautiful. So. Fricking. Beautiful. As soon as Avery handed me the picture, I just couldn't stop looking at her. She's like the epitome of a dream girl. Her hair is long and brown, and I've always loved brunettes. In the picture I have of her at a party, her eyes are lit up and her full lips are in the shape of a crooked O, as if she was caught in the midst of a laugh. And suddenly, without even meaning to, I put her on my watch list. Even though Avery said that she wasn't as important as the other three, something about her just makes me want her so bad.

So as I walk through the woods, the sun shining right on my head, a spliff hanging out of my mouth, I think of all of the places I would find this girl if things were normal. Something about her looks intelligent, like she's not just beauty, but actual substance as well.

Something tells me that I would find her in a café or a bookstore. I would see her reading a classic, probably a Jane Eyre novel, through the shops window. She wouldn't even look up to see me gawking at her, she'd be too invested in her book. I would probably be taken over by some force of nature, that would push me through the door and right to the small table she would be sitting at. Once I was right in front of her, she would finally look up from her book, probably with an annoyed expression at being disturbed.

"What?" I imagine she'd say, a small twinge of annoyance escaping with the word.

I probably wouldn't even know what to say, so I'd just sit in the chair across from hers. She would roll her eyes and go back to her book. After a few awkward seconds I would probably choke out a quick "Hi!"

She would look up at me, an eyebrow raised, asking me without words, just a look, what I was doing. And I would just shrug, extend my hand and say "I'm Chayton. I just moved to Harmony one week ago, and will be starting at the school over here tomorrow. You were so beautiful that...I just wanted to introduce myself."

After that, she would stare at me strangely for a second before nodding, saying hello, and returning to her book. And I would just continue sitting there, with a huge goofy smile on my face, just happy to be in her presence.

I sigh, as I reach the guard rail that separates the woods from the main road. Even though there haven't been cars in the fast nine years, or at least none that I've heard from Averys home, I still look both ways before crossing.

As I begin walking through the roads, I ignore the kids on the sidewalk, looking at me as if I'm an alien, and go back to my wonderful imaginary world. I wish that I could meet her. But considering the circumstances, she's probably dead. In the picture, she's so thin and fragile looking, as if she'll break at the slightest of touches. And for some reason the thought of this girl that I know nothing about, being dead feels like a stab in the heart.

I'm jolted by a kid throwing himself at me. Not in an attempt to hurt me, but grabbing my thigh. I quickly look down at him and take a sharp intake of breath. His cheeks are hollow, and I can see his ribs through the loose stained tank top that he's wearing.

"Mister...do you have any food?" He says, his voice thick and desperate.

Without thinking, I reach under my shirt, into the fanny pack I'm carrying (not of my choice, but Averys) And hand the boy my two granola bars and some beef jerky I grabbed before leaving. The boy smiles up at me, a cute one with one missing tooth in the front, and runs to a group of boys and girls his age and shares them.

After that, I know that I need to find Kristin. She was the main person on my side for sharing our food with the town. If I return without her, Avery will have even more ammunition for not wanting to leave her home and share what she has. But even if I do...its not ensured that she'll say yes. Its Averys home, Averys food that she's sharing with us. She gets the final decision for practically everything. Not that she's bad at deciding the hard decisions. Its just that I hate the feeling of being dictated.

I push through the doors as what I recognize as the hospital even though its been years since walking through this town. I push open the door and run smack into a guy who could be my brother. The golden skin, high cheekbones, all around Native American features.

We study each other for a full minute before I finally ask "Would you happen to have a Kristin Piest here?"

267 Reviews

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 am
Nike says...

Jane Wills

The dark sky settled as night approached. It was time to get inside. I walked through the alleys, winding around, and finding myself back in the building. It was my home. Just me.

We love you. You'll never be alone, we are in your hearts.

I took in a deep breath and faced the building. It was tall and wide, made from black glass. Well, that's how it looked like from appearance. I opened the door in front of me, it was as black as the building itself, almost hiding from everyone, blending in to the color. I pulled out my key, sliding it into the knob.

I pushed the door open and walked inside, falling into step with my at-home routine. I locked the door from behind me and found my way to the bedroom.

This happened to be the building my father worked in before The Disease.

Have you ever noticed that the word 'disease' is 'dis ease'. It's like saying that a disease is without ease.

And that sort of sucks.

The great thing about knowing this building was that I found myself able to hide if I needed to with luck of not being found. And I could be in my father's office. Some part of my family would be with me forever, a physical part, I mean.

It was minimalistic, the setting. All the furniture was still here. Ever since The Disease, we have left everything alone. The items were thrashed, obviously. Everywhere in everyplace it was a mess. But we left it, unless, we had to move it. The only place I changed was the office. It was my home.

"Okay, food." I huffed, hearing my stomach grumble.

Blinking, I got my eyes to focus in the dark. I found the light switch next to me, flicking it on, the lamp above my head flashed on, almost blinding me. I shut my eyes for a second then opened them up again, gathering in my surroundings.

I slept on the couch that was on the wall all the way to the right. In front of me was a desk, glass, and a used out leather chair. The fridge was still behind the desk, in the wall shelf that stood behind it. The shelf was only tall enough to be the same height as the desk, so there were huge windows behind it, showing me the city.

This happened to be on the fifth floor. Enough to feel tall.

The room wasn't grand, my father wasn't all that powerful.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. It always surprised me when they hit my bare neck. I was so used to having long hair, that my short was just impossible to get used to. I chopped my hair off a few months ago.

After The Disease.

The area we lived in was split into parts. There was the oldest, hidden away, alone. People thought they were toxic and contagious. They were afraid that they would get sick and then get us sick.

Then there were the teenagers, helping out. These people helped and tried to save everyone. Or they hid away, rebelled against everyone and lived.

And the youngest.

They were rude. They gave no one a chance. They ran away from people even a minute older than them. But then there were those that helped everyone get better, find shelter, be happy.

When will we ever be normal?

There were those that just lived on and had no idea what to do.

I was the teen. But I was alone. None of those.

"Jane?"

My body froze, I felt tingles jolt up my spin. Imminently, my hands formed into fists as I took a step forward, finding the source of the voice.

No one knew who I was. And if they did, they didn't know where I was.

A figure came towards me, the light flooding them. My breath got caught in my throat as memories trashed my mind.

"Holy Shit," I let out a whisper.

My heart stammered, ready to break out from the cage. I felt like running towards him, grasping his body and never letting go. But I couldn't move, my body was still and I couldn't move. All I could see was his eyes.

Then everything went black.

I flicked my eyes open, trying to catch my breath. My chest was rising and falling and I couldn't grasp my life at the moment. I looked over towards the windows, catching the moon's light. Then, I picked up my cell phone, which still worked even in this wrecked conditioned world.

3:35

Still night, go back to sleep.

My body shook, goosebumps clattering on my skin. Just the thought of that dream made my eyes tear up. If I could only find him again.

Slowly, I managed to fall back asleep.

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix