z

Young Writers Society

Arranged Marriages (second try...) ~Restarted~

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm
Liv says...

Rosemary

"Briac..." I laughed, pulling away from the kiss.

Briac leaned in after me, nuzzling my cheek and causing a warm blush to color them.

"Yes?" He asked, not moving from his current position.

I gave a shrug - I really wasn't sure what to say. All of hell would break loose if we were caught like this, and yet I didn't care. I leaned against my chest, nestling in to him and tangling my hands in his tunic to hold him closer. I wanted so badly to be closer to him.

I listened to his steady heartbeat quicken, a discovery that put a smile on my face. Was it me that made his heart race? The giant teddy bear of a man whose heart quickened and mouth stuttered when around women? I had heard stories about him - just about everyone had. He was the prince who came home and was said to look like a beast, but from the moment I saw him I couldn't see why. I couldn't see the height, the scars, the missing arm. I had seen his eyes, two warm orbs that cued how gentle he really was. A gentle giant, that's what he was. I never would have expected that he and I would wed, and when that was determined I never expected to care for him so quickly. Yet I could stay right here, right now, with my hands and faced buried into his chest breathing in his scent with him holding me tightly. I could stay here with him forever.

I could feel as his demeanor suddenly changed, as if he had a sudden thought that interrupted his being. Turning my face up to him, I squinted against the bright sun shining down on us and questioned, "Briac, whats wrong?"

He turned his face down to look at me, his questioning eyes meeting mine.

"Rosie...." He started, drifting off. I watched him as his eyes reflected his search for what to say and his mouth was toying with words. What was he going to say?

"Rosie, a-are you happy?" He asked, only to shake his head slightly and correct, "Rosie, will you be bothered being bound to me? I'm, I mean....."

He trailed off with a sigh before finally rushing out, "Rosie, I know I'm an ugly brute, I know I'm a horror to look at and most women want a husband they can look at... will you, are you willing to look at me? Be honest, I won't be hurt."

I blinked, taking a moment to process what he had just said. Was he truly worried about that? Did he truly think that those were my thoughts, that I would care? Is that what he saw when I looked at him, the reflections of his scars in my eyes?

"Briac," I said softly, placing my hands on either side of his face. His eyes were searching mine as I took a pause - he truly was worried. "Briac, I've been looking at you from the first time I saw you, don't you remember? I was willing to then, I'm willing to today, and I'm willing to tomorrow."

I gave him a reassuring smile, moving my hands to thread through his golden hair as I continued, "I'm willing to look at you when we get married, when we live here together, when we have children, and when our children are having children. I'm willing to because I want to, Briac. I want nothing and no one else, and I will look at you with pride. Because I'm falling in love with you."

I reached up without hesitation or time for Briac to respond, capturing his lips with my own and kissing him with all the love I had. And this time? This time I wouldn't be the first to pull away.

11 Reviews

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 pm
Liv says...

August

I sucked air in through my teeth when the healer touched my chest, peeling off the bloodied gauze. Now that I had slept for hours and was more conscious, I wished I could go back to being unconscious. It bloody hurt like hell!

I narrowed my eyes at the healer when his apprentice came over to me with something in a water basin that didn't smell like water. It smelled like...alcohol? God, this was going to hurt.

The girl placed the basin beside me and wrung out a rag before giving it to the healer. Meanwhile I gripped the bedpost, bracing myself for-

"Jesus christ!" I yelled when the rag touched my skin, pushing him away roughly to make it stop.

"Your highness, I have to or your wounds will get infected!" He persuaded, dabbing the rag against the slices in my skin.

I shut my eyes tightly and tensed my jaw at the burning sensation, breathing deeply.

"What hurts worse," I joked through clenched teeth, feeling sweat lingering on my face from my earlier fever that had only just broken, "This or infection?"

I heard him chuckle before responding, "What's worse, a little burning sensation or dying?"

I couldn't help but laugh, but the moment I did it felt like my chest was being torn apart all over again. I grimaced, deciding that laughing wouldn't be a good idea for a while.

"What's worse, getting -" I didn't get to finish before I suddenly felt incredibly sick, snapping my eyes open to find something to use.

The healer's apprentice must have noticed, because in a flash I had an empty basin in front of me. My throat burned as I emptied the contents of my stomach, each wretch tearing through my chest.

"Is that supposed to happen?" I asked when I was through, bringing a hand to my mouth to wipe it.

"It's normal" the healer said, moving the basin aside, "It happens sometimes - you're body doesn't understand what's happening. But chew on this, it will soothe your stomach. Can you take care of that, Sara?"

His apprentice, evidently named Sara, nodded and took the basin in hand before disappearing. The healer turned back to me and held some kind of medicine to my mouth. I opened my mouth and let him put the strange plant and he picked up the red stained rag and continued to clean my wounds.

As he lifted my arm so he could get to my side, a light knock came at the door. Before I could say a word, the guard opened it a crack and said, "No visitors outside of the prince's family."

No response. Saja!

"Let her in!" I instructed, flinching at the pain of having my arm up, "She's nearly family, after all."

The guard nodded and stepped aside, opening the door for Saja. The healer picked up the basin and moved it to the bureau, coming back with hands full of gauze. I looked over to Saja, who now looked as pale as a ghost. Giving her a reassuring smile.

Opening my mouth to say something, I was cut off by the healer, "Just a moment, princess. Lift both of your arms, August."

"Is that a joke?" I asked, shooting him a look that clearly sent him the message that I thought he was crazy.

"Just a little." He ordered.

Breathing slowly, I lifted my arms, flinching at the pain but trying not to make a sound of pain that would alarm Saja.

"Do you have anything for that?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"The pain? I'm afraid I don't have anything that would help with this amount." He said, wrapping the white gauze around my chest tightly.

Nothing!? He had nothing for me!? God, if this didn't kill me the pain from it would! I suddenly had a thought - Harrow. I knew the princess and prince carried things of the sort with them, and I knew that in Harrow they had something strong enough. I would do anything to get ahold of it right now, I was just about to go mad.

When the healer finished wrapping my chest, I requested, "Can you find the princess or prince of Harrow for me? Please? I must speak with them."

He looked between Saja and I, then finally nodded and left the room. Before looking over at Saja, I grasped on to the bed post and pulled myself up to a stand. I put all of my weight on my one leg, the other wounded from the mink, and attempted to ever so slowly go over to my clothing chest at the foot of my bed.

"Saja, can you do me a favor?" I asked, gripping the edge of the bed as I hobbled along side of it, "Can you open that chest right there for me and get a shirt?"

She nodded, rushing over to the chest and throwing it open. When I reached the end of the bed, holding on to the bed post to prop me up, she held out a shirt for me.

"No, not that one. There's some that open in the front." I said, knowing I couldn't pull a shirt over my head.

She pulled out a dark green one and offered it to me. I took the light fabric from her and shoved one arm in to it, shifted my weight on to my foot so I could get the arm resting against the bed post into the sleeve, and leaned all of my weight back on to the bed post as I fumbled with the lace up on the front of my shirt, holding back a hiss of pain as I did so.

Saja approached me, motioning her hands towards my shirt in her way of asking to help. Giving up with a sigh, I dropped my hands and nodded. I watched as she took the laces in her hands, focusing intently on them. Her hands were trembling slightly and her cheeks were flushed. Maybe the pain was making me delirious, but she looked especially beautiful, her cheeks pink and her hair framing her face, her eyes focused intently on the task of helping me.

"Saja," I whispered, moving a hand towards her chin despite knowing I'd regret it later. I lifted her chin to get her to look at me, searching her eyes while asking, "Will you marry me now?"

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:09 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jackson

"So it's settled then," my father declared to my mother and I, pulling me from the reverie I had been in since this conversation started, "Jackson will be the one to make the announcements."

At the mention of my name he had my full attention and I wished I had actually paid attention to what they had been talking about.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked for clarification, looking to my father.

A let out a sigh and said, admirably with only slight annoyance, "When we return home you will announce the marriages. Not only that, but you will explain why the marriage between Rosemary and Briac are for the best."

"Are you mad? Our kingdoms have hated each other even before this war, you expect them to simply accept it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. As nice as it would be for everyone to accept it, I doubted they would - Rosemary was their princess, and most of them thought the Bryni people were heartless monsters.

"That's why you shall announce your sister's marriage first, then yours to Aris." He said, "When the two of you marry you will be king, Jackson. You must be the one to do this."

"They won't be happy about losing their princess to a Bryni man." I explained, leaning back in my chair.

"They wouldn't be happy if war continued, either. They wouldn't be happy to see their husbands and brothers and sons go off to battle again, eh? Explain that to them - they love their princess, but they love their families, too. So you will speak to the council and advisors about it, and they will record notices and send guards out with them."

I thought for a moment, looking between my mother and father. Me being the one to make the announcement was about more than being the future king. It was about Tristan - if I could accept the marriage of our sister to a Bryni the kingdom would be more accepting.

"Very well." I decided, rising from my seat, "If you'll excuse me, I have to find Aris."
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:57 am
Liv says...

Rosemary

I sprinkled the dried leaves in to the bowl and stirred it in to a paste, mixing them with ale to mask their bitter taste.

"You can't give that to him!" The healer said, standing between me and August.

August was lying in bed, his jaw clenched and face beaded with sweat, with Saja beside him. I had interrupted an intimate moment between them, but simply got to work. As soon as the healer came to find me saying August was looking for me I knew what he wanted. There were only a few things in the four kingdoms that could subdue his pain, and luckily we had it in Harrow and I'd started traveling with it after I found out about Tristan.

"Please, he needs it!" I pleaded, taking a step towards the bed and August.

"I'm sorry, I don't know that plant or its properties, I will not allow it!" He argued.

"What do you think I'm going to do, kill him?" I demanded, raising my voice slightly, "He's clearly in pain, and I can help him fight it off!"

"My apologies princes, but I can not allow it, please take your potion and leave me to my task!" He yelled.

"Do not shout at me, sir!" I said, taking a step around him and towards August with the bowl in hand.

"Please princess, I cannot allow you to without permission!" He said, grabbing me by the arm to stop me.

"Don't touch me!" I said, snatching my arm from him.

"Sir..." Briac said, finally breaking his silence from his spot in the doorway, "Allow her to do as she pleases."

The healer nodded, stepping aside while Briac added, "And don't ever touch her."

Briac and I walked down the corrider together, leaving August's room after I had given him the pain killer.

Sneaking a glance towards Briac, I reached over and laced my fingers with his and asked, "Briac, why are you so quiet?"

We walked in silence for a moment before he asked, "Where did you get that plant?"

I snapped my gaze up to him, halting my walk and Briac's with me. I searched his face, asking myself one question. Did he know?

"They were Tristan's." I said softly, watching his face for reaction.

At his furrowed brow, I knew he knew.

"Rosemary," he whispered, leaning closely, "Do you know-"

"Yes," I whispered back, cutting him off, "I know."

I looked in to his eyes, searching for some sort of reaction.

"I didn't find out until after Tristan died." I whispered in explanation, "We buried him with his sword. I had it, as I was to place it on him, and I was so distraught I could barely walk. I fell and I cut myself...so yes, I know it was poisoned."

I searched his face once more before continuing, "But I knew he wasn't stupid - he wouldn't have a poisoned blade without something to counteract it. So when I found out I went searching in his room and I found it. An antidote and a powerful pain killer."

Biting down on my bottom lip, I held Briac's hand tightly and asked, "So yes, I know, and I didn't tell a soul because he was already gone. Not my mother, not my father, not even Jackson or Lissy. So that's how I know...but how do you know?"

Spoiler! :
Figured I would pull this back out. I set it up for you, Shady hahaha xD

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:50 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Rayven
"Once had met her true love there and she told him, she would say. ' Promise me when you see a white rose you'll think of me. I love you so never let go I will be your ghost of a rose' Her eyes believed in mysteries, she would lay amongst the leaves of amber, her spirit wild, heart of a child yet gentle still and quietly mild, and he loved her..." I continued to sing to Evan, the quiet grinding noise he made as he ate his hay soothing. "I hope Rosemary and Briac are happy together, I'm glad I have a sister finally!" I said talking aloud to Evan as I often did. He whickered softly and I smiled. "I'm sure she'll adore you," I replied. My brush paused on him, he turned to look at me. "Oh no," I said, realizing I would have to leave him behind. Tears stung my eyes then I shook my head harshly. "Briac will take care of you," I said aloud my voice firm, speaking of my brother he was most likely with Rosemary. I smiled my ugly mood forgotten those two were perfect for each other.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 am
Shadowlight says...

So yes, I know, and I didn't tell a soul because he was already gone. Not my mother, not my father, not even Jackson or Lissy. So that's how I know...but how do you know?" Rosie said quietly- looking up into my face. My heart clenched slightly- thinking she had been poisoned by that damnable blade too, but happy is was buried where it would not cause more pain.

“Because that sword is the reason I-I only have the o-one arm...” I stammered- nodding at the empty space where my arm should have been. Rosie looked confused.

“But Jackson said you had your arm at the end of the battle...?” I nodded,

“Aye, B-but is was barely attached... your brothers blade caught me in the elbow joint and nearly cleft it.... well, more it drove the chain mail sleeve of my coat into the f-flesh of my arm.” I swallowed, I didn't want to speak my thoughts, I didn't want to offend her, she clearly loved her dead brother- dishonorable warrior he may have been.

“Briac.... what happened? I mean, if he hit you in the elbow- but your arm is... gone at the shoulder....”

“We didn't know it was a tainted blade, and the h-healers wanted to f-fix my arm... what is a Bryni warrior without both his arms.... B-but the wound became infected, badly so.” I shrugged, not sure if I should continue, but rosies eyes told me to “I had a fever for days... and I was sick, it wasn't until almost week later they realized it was because the wound was poisoned... When I s-started to v-vomit blood.”

“Oh Briac.....” Rosie looked up at me, horror clearly written on her face, I tried to shrug it off.

“L-lets not talk a-about th-this.....” But Rosie shook her head.

“I want to know.... I need to know Briac.” she squeezed my arm, “I'll stop you if it's too much.... please tell me?” I swallowed hard, it wasn't a pleasant tale, it wasn't one I was used to telling.

Suddenly I felt Rosie's lips on my cheek and I looked down at her,

“Please?” I sighed,

“A-alright... The wound on my a-arm became badly infected and foul.... the arm below the joint died and turned black.... and the infection spread up my arm and I...well, I have no memory of that time... But Mother said I was delirious for a week, then I was in a coma for another week after that... That's when they cut my arm off- the healers said it was only aiding the poison from the blade to kill me. I don't remember two full months of that year.... when I t-try to remember.... nothing.” I shrugged slowly, chewing my lip. “They were afraid the poison had sent me w-wrong in the head be-because I was raving.... whatever it was doing and the fever... they had to tie me to m-my bed.”

I fell silent, leading Rosie down the hall and out into the gardens, I couldn't keep going, not on this subject.... I couldn't tell her how sick I had been, the hours I spent in agony writhing in bed, my insides feeling as if they were on fire.... vomiting blood for days on end... how my sister Rayven, every faithful- never left my side even for an instant... all the horrors she saw, but she refused to let someone else be my nurse... my kind, tender hearted little sister....

Rosie walked by my side in silence, my words clearly having an effect on her, she held my hand, her other playing with the ends of her long hair thoughtfully.

“Th-the poison d-did h-have some lasting effects...” I said suddenly- to the surprise of us both. Rosie looked up, “I-I w-was always sh-shy.... b-but I never s-stuttered like this....Th-the poison d-did so-something to me....” I swallowed, I didn't know what her reaction would be...
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

11 Reviews

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 pm
Liv says...

Rosemary

The heavy scent of lilac greeted us before we even set foot in the garden, in which thorned roses latticed the walls and pink flowers stood at attention amongst the fine greenery.

On any other given day I would have marveled, would have stopped by the flowers one by one to touch their gentle petals and smell their soft aroma. Instead I walked quietly, listening to Briac's story, holding his hand with one hand and toying with the ends of my hair with the other.

How could this be? I assumed Tristan had used the sword in battle, but its affects...I wondered back to the week that I was unaware I was poisoned. After I had cut myself the healers did a marvelous job of cleaning the wound on my thigh and wrapping it. But it didn't get better. For a week a stumbled along in perpetual discomfort with excruciating cramps. I argued it was merely my monthly course, though in truth it had passed two weeks prior.

The cut had not been deep, but when it began to discolor and become infected I grew concerned and became suspicious. When I began to have apparitions of Tristan, I went stark raving mad and it was chalked up to mourning. I scoured the books in his room, taking in pages of information about poisons all the while cursing at the hallucination of Tristan for what he had done. I spent all my days and nights in his room for a week, making it two since I had first gotten the wound. The bastard had chosen such a cruel and slow poison!

It wasn't until I woke up in the middle of the night with blood pouring from my mouth that I was able to figure out which poison he had used on his sword and, consequently, what could counteract it. Tristan was no fool, he had to have the antidote if he was going around with a tainted blade. I tore his room apart in the middle of the night, breaking many of his things as I was out of my mind. Then there it was, being cultivated in a desert garden along with other harmless plants found commonly throughout the kingdom. It took only a few days to go back to normal, and once the poison had gone so did my period of mourning.

“Th-the poison d-did h-have some lasting effects...” Briac spoke up after a moment's silence, causing me to look up at him in attentiveness. If I bore the affects of the poison to the extent I did after only a cut, I could only imagine what my dear Briac had been put through. The mere thought brought a stinging to my eye that forewarned tears.

“I-I w-was always sh-shy.... b-but I never s-stuttered like this....Th-the poison d-did so-something to me....” Briac drifted off, leaving us staring at each other.

My tears spilled over on to my cheeks, which I promptly wiped away though more followed. I opened my mouth the speak, but rather than the words I'd intended a sob escaped. I got better, and Briac never could. If I had simply let the knowledge of Tristan's cowardice be known and presented the antidote Briac could have been saved an arm and much pain.

The thought caused me to sob harder and I dropped the the ground with my face buried in my hands and my skirts pooled around me. Briac and I were going through the same thing at the same time and I had no idea, I had kept my mouth shut to leave my dead brother with his honor. But I could have helped Briac, and wasn't a living man more important then a dead one? How could I have been so selfish?

"Oh Rosemary," Briac whispered, dropping to his knees in front of me and wrapping his arm tightly around me in comfort, "P-please don't"

"I...I..." I gasped through tears, speaking in to his now tear stained chest as he stroked my hair, "I c-could have h-helped you."

"N-no, Rosemary!" Briac said firmly, "D-don't do th-that t-to yourself. It w-wasn't your f-fault!"

"But I had it, Briac! I had the antidote, I could have helped you if I had just told-"

"Stop!" Briac in a firm yell, sounding more as an order than a request, shocking my tears to a halt along with my words as he grabbed my shoulder and jerked me out to arm's distance. Softening his tone, Briac continued, "It is done. Y-you can't g-go back and fix it any m-more than I can go b-back and not take a sword to T-Tristan. B-besides, if you had I w-wouldn't have you n-now."

Raising a hand to my face, I wiped the tears from my cheeks and then searched the folds of my dress for the velvet pouch containing the dried leaves. Pulling open the draw string bag and selecting one of the leaves, I presented it to Briac.

Looking to the antidote and back to me, Briac shook his head and said, "I d-don't want that."

"Please Briac," I urged, pushing my hand towards him, "I know it can't do much but maybe it can help with the lasting affects."

"It w-won't work, Rosie!" Briac persisted, "And A-August needs it m-more as a p-pain killer th-than I do as a...as an e-experiment."

"Briac, can you just-"

"No!" He said brusquely,

I inched towards him until we barely had any distance between us, our chests nearly grazing as we both breathed heavily. I reached up towards him and placed a kiss on his neck below his ear, then whispered, "Please, Briac?"

I placed another kiss on the line of his jaw and said, "Can you please take it?"

I reached up and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips and pulled back, looking into his eyes pleadingly and witnessing him going back and forth with himself in his head, and I whispered, "For me? I'll do something for you if you just do this for me. Please?"

I knew it may not do anything but I needed to know I'd done what I could for my Briac, though I felt slightly guilty about my method of persuasion.

42 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:45 am
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
I had an whole effing post written and yws ate it!

Biac:

I stifled a moan as Rosemary kissed me, and I felt the fire in my gut begin to grow hot again.

"Can you please take it?" she purred into my ear- kissing my neck, I actually did moan softly at this- she was killing me.

"It won't work..." I mewed weakly, hands itching to take her into my arms and do terrible things to her, "It's-It's been t-too long...." My resolve weak as it was coudln't handle much more of this.

She pulled back slightly and I began to breathe a sigh of realif when I met her half hooded eyes, her full lips slightly reddened and her cheeks a dusky pink

"For me? I'll do something for you if you just do this for me. Please?"

That broke me, the look of her sweet face, the warmth radiating off her little body pressed so close to mine... it was more the I could bare. I had tried to be gentle, to be sensitive- be a gentleman... but I wans't one... I was a Bryni man, a Bryni Stallion and resisting my natural ways was beginning to wear on me.

Grabbing her waist more roughly then I had meant to I pinned sweet Rosie against the garden wall and kissed her with all the pent up fire I had been holding in.

"Mph!" she squeaked and that made me kiss her harder-almost a primal need drove me. My hand wandered up her back and tangled in her thick locks, using this too get at the soft flesh of her neck- peppering her pulse with kisses. Panting hard I tried to form some sense.

"Alright." I said raggedly "I'll take the herbs." Then I captured her lips again, her tiny body flush against mine.

Spoiler! :
Okay I take no responsibility for Briac.... he's in a mood- enjoy that Liv

42 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:07 am
Shadowlight says...

Saja:

I sat in a corner of August's room silently while the healers ministered to him, he had allowed me to come in but I was afraid of even touching him.... he looked so sickly there, and Aris didn't like me being in the room. I fiddled with my braid and watched them wash the wound. August had cried out in pain and I felt the tears coming again- it was because of me he was hurt and felt pain, I hated myself afresh for this.

I was moved from one end of the room to another while the healers moved about, and Augusts family came in and out- the pain in his eyes was killing me, I wished I could take it all, I wished I could go back an erase that day and do it again... I would do everything so differently...I would have said yes.

"Saja, can you do me a favor?" Augusts voice cut into my thoughts and I started realizing it was only us in the room, standing I nodded quickly. He was standing by the bed- limbs trembling with weakness and face gray with pain. "Can you open that chest right there for me and get a shirt?"

I ran to obey and threw back the lid of the chest- the smell of leather and wind rose from it's depths, it was the smell of him, every shirt, every pair of britches... they were all his. I grabbed a shirt at Random and held it up questioningly.

"No, not that one. There's some that open in the front." He said, I cursed myself- of course he needed one that opened in the front! I'm such a fool! Digging in the chest I found another one- a dark blue with ties instead of buttons- an odd trait in his shirts I noted, no buttons.

He took it with a quiet "thank you" And began struggling to put it on.. I longed to help him but I didn't dare, a mans pride was a frail thing and I was afraid of doing more harm then good. It wasn't until his breathing became ragged that I could bare it no longer and I went timidly over and offered to help- he nodded.

I began tying the soft laces, my fingers grazing his stomach more the once- My cheeks felt as if they were on fire, I had touched him! My hands trembled and my heart seemed to be beating to fast- I daren't look at his face.

All of a sudden I felt his breath on my cheek, one of his hands softly touched my waist, the other under my chin. He tilted my face up- oh Merciful Gods he was so close! Our noses almost touching, I began trembling all over.

"Saja," He whispered oh so softly, eyes looking at me, penetrating me. "Will you marry me now?"

My heart stopped, he still wanted me?! After all I had done he still wanted to marry me?
Oh Yes August I wan to marry you- I love you! My heart sang inside of me. "Well? Will you?" He asked again,

"August! What are you doing?! Get back in bed this instant!" I whirled round- Princess Aris stood int he doorway her brows drawn together and her hands on her hips- she didn't look happy.

"Aris..." August said and I wasn't sure if that was annoyance or pain in his voice.

"don't you Aris me!" the Princess flashed, " You almost died! You need rest."

The Princess was followed by a group of healers who quickly grouped around August and brought him back to the bed- and I was propelled from the room with a firm push by one of them- the door closed in my face.

Spoiler! :
Okay so Things got a little messed up with the timeline earlier- so Liv, just put this before Rosie's entrance into the room with the pain killers. :3 we can deal with the aftermath in the next couple of posts :3

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Spoiler! :
@Ladyofthedeathroses sorry I took so long, I just got over being sick - but here it is!! :D

Jackson

I had only been able to capture Aris' attention for a moment before she was off again - she couldn't rip herself from August's side, which I could completely understand though I missed her company. We had not known each other for too long, but I truly was getting accustomed to being with her.

With Aris at her brother's side and Rosemary nowhere to be found since first making Briac's acquaintance, I found myself in Lissy's company until, as she always does, she found comfort in assisting in the castle's kitchen.

Growing tiresome of mulling about the halls on my own, I managed my way to the stables - if I couldn't have the company of the people I love, I could find company in the kingdom's horses.

The smell reached me before anything else, leading me closer to the stables without needing direction. Upon reaching the large wooden doors, I slipped inside and gazed upon the rows and rows of horses of varying sizes and colors.

My boots echoed throughout the dim stables as I wandered through, reading the name plates on the horses' doors until a different sound caught my attention.

"Prince Jackson?" Someone called from beside me.

My head snapped up, my gaze landing on the Bryni princess beside what I assumed was her horse.

"Oh, Princess Rayven!" I declared, "Pardon me, I didn't mean to intrude. I can leave if you wish..."

"No no," she said with a shake of her head, "You're not intruding. You're welcome to stay!"
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 pm
Liv says...

Spoiler! :
Wowy wow wow Shady, you sure gave me something to work with hahaha. I loooooove it! xD

Rosemary

"For me? I'll do something for you if you just do this for me. Please?"

I watched for a moment, a mere second, as his eyes darkened - and the next thing I knew Briac grabbed me by my waist and pinned me against the wall aggressively. My eyes widened when my back pressed in to the wall, questioning whether I had upset him. The thought was forgotten just as soon as I had thought it, though, when Briac's lips crashed against mine with a force I'd never known.

I couldn't help the small squeal that came from my throat when his mouth made contact with mine, which only seemed to drive him further.

His hand wandered up my back as he kissed me with great passion, tangling in my hair and trailing kisses to my neck as I wrapped my arms around his waist, the feel of his lips against my skin created a stirring within my belly as I tilted my head to allow him access.

Briac pulled away, ceasing his kisses and allowing us both to pant heavily as we gasped for air.

"Alright." he said raggedly, "I'll take the herbs."

I blinked, needing to take a moment to remember what we had even been speaking of priorly, and Briac moved to kiss me once more to which I eagerly responded.

"Oh...ah...uhm...Your highness?" Someone sounded, pulling Briac and I apart quicker than a child caught with his hand in a cookie jar.

We turned to face our intruder, one of the castle's servants I assumed, and he finished, "Dinner is being served shortly in the dining room for all of the royal families...your presence has been requested."

"Th-thank you, we'll be there sh-shortly." Briac answered, his cheeks flushing crimson the same as mine as the servant gave a slight bow and scurried off.

I slide my gaze towards Briac, my chest still rising and falling as I breathed heavily, I uncurled my fingers to reveal the leaves we had just agreed upon and held them to Briac's lips.

11 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm
Liv says...

August

Pushing myself to the edge of my bed, I stretched towards my traveling chest. The motion ripped pain through my chest, though dulled from Princess Rosemary's herbs, so I grabbed the first pair of britches I could get my hands on. They were the ones I used to go hunting or exploring through the woods back home, but they would do.

"August, I really don't think this is a good idea." Aris said, hovering beside me like a mother hen as she had been all day.

Laying back on the bed, I reached to the band of my sleeping bottoms and tugged them off before pulling on the tan colored britches.

"I know you don't," I say breathily, sitting up slowly and reaching over the edge of the bed for my boots, "But they did say a dinner for all the royals, did they not? And am I not a royal?"

"You're not even dressed appropriately!" She argued weakly, crossing her arms across her chest in a pout.

"Well, If you had helped me instead of complaining this wouldn't be a problem." I say, looking down at my ensemble - the dark blue shirt Saja had helped me with earlier is hardly regal, as I had even bought it from a merchant in the poorer part of our kingdom, and didn't not match the brown hunting britches but didn't match either, and the dark brown boots now on my feet were worn on. I looked like a royal mess.

With a huff, Aris flew over to my trunk and began digging through it for something that actually matched.

"I'm keeping the shirt on," I say, kicking off my boots, "It hurts to take them on and off."

I pulled of the tan britches just as Aris handed me the blue ones I had bought with the shirt at the market. I tugged them on as Aris brought over my black boots. I looked like common folk, but that was how I truly looked every day and Saja should know that. All she has seen me in this far has been dressed up.

After sliding my feet in to my boots, I waved Aris over to help me as I came to a wobbly stand. She rushed over and nestled herself at my side with my arm around her shoulders. It took a bit longer than a walk to the dining room normally would, but we eventually got there and I was only slightly out of breathe. Rosemary's herbs were working wonders, though, and I was barely in pain. To my surprise, we weren't even the last ones to show up - none of our parents had arrived, and Briac and Rosemary were only now seating.

I glanced about the table, noticing each sat beside their betrothed - perfect, I could finally get an answer from Saja! But I also noticed something else...

"Has anyone else realized," I took a breathe, "The rather large planners in the middle of the table?"

Aris helped me to my seat before going to her own as Briac reached towards one of the planners and opened the cover.

"They're wedding planners." He said quietly.

"Children!" A woman's voice called, turning all of our attentions towards the door from which our parents were now entering through. "You weren't supposed to open them yet!"

So that's what this dinner was for? The start of wedding planning?

42 Reviews

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:52 am
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry its so short!

Briac:

"YOu aren't meant to look at those yet!" My mothers voice snapped my eyes from the book and to her face. She and the other royal parents came walking in just then and spread out around the room.

"S-sorry Mama..." I murmured. she laughed and took the book from my hand

"Dinner is first, Dinner then maybe some light dancing- No swords allowed this time." She smiled but I could tell she was serous. I nodded and headed back over to Rosie, slipping into the seat beside her.

She slid her tiny hand into mine and I gave it a squeeze.

"I want to marry you Briac," she murmured in my ear- making my heart sing, I turned to her and kisses her cheek softly- knowing her family was watching,

"I want to marry you soon Rosie." she giggled, I heard Prince Jackson clear his throat and I faced the table again- blushing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Saja:

August walked into the room on the arm of his sister, I sat beside my brother and wished I could flee... I felt so out of place amid everyone else, besides I 'm sure Aris and his parents hated me now... I fidgeted and made a move to stand but my fathers voice rooted me.

"Stay were you are daughter." I nodded and sunk back into my seat- head down staring at my plate.

He wasn't going to sit by me I was sure of it...He was still delirious when he asked me to marry him- wasn't he? He had to have been... it had to have been the fever.

Suddenly the empty chair beside me was pulled out, and someone sat heavily in it with a soft groan, looking up I met August's deep eyes and I felt the color drain from my face.... Oh god...

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:15 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Rayven
I had settled into the routine of grooming Evans again, when I heard someone approaching the stables. I frowned then, feeling a bit annoyed but perhaps they would find comfort in the horses as I did. I paused, the brush I was holding doing the same as I listened. Soon enough the doors opened and someone's footsteps could be heard, not quite a man's but close. I turned a bit, wondering who it could be.
Who I saw caused me to blink in surprise even as I called out to him "Prince Jackson?" His head snapped up indicating that I had surprised him, his silver eyes looking at me.
"Oh, Princess Rayven!" he said"Pardon me, I didn't mean to intrude. I can leave if you wish..." I couldn't help but smile a bit, he seemed a bit nervous and I could understand why. He was in a kingdom full of people he seemed to if not despise then severely dislike. Then his words registered and for once I wanted human company instead of the company of animals.

"No no," I said shaking my head slightly, my blonde hair swaying "You're not intruding. You're welcome to stay!" I gave him a sweet smile in hopes that he would, "I could introduce you if you'd like," I added gesturing to Evans.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

11 Reviews

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 am
Liv says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry I took so long my loves! This has seriously been the busiest week of my entire life, you have no idea hahaha. On the upside, it was all filled with things I love so at least there's that hahaha. But here's my post!! Sorry it's so short, it's midnight here and I just got back home for the first time since seven this morning! I am pooped!

Rosemary

The music played softly behind us as we chattered away, opting to remain at the table rather than dance so that August and Saja wouldn't be left alone with only the four sets of parents. And so we did, discussing our childhoods, our kingdoms, our experiences in Bryni thus far - just about anything and everything.

As I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the other kingdoms had changed in the weather and the landscape with the change of the seasons, Jackson we telling us all of the experience he just had with the horses in the stable with Rayven. Being in war before, Jackson had been near them priorly whereas I had not - I wondered if he knew of my own horse that was recently gifted to me by Briac.

Reaching my hand towards Briac's beneath the table, I found the comfort of his fingers intertwined with mine and subconsciously leaned in to his side as Briac drew circles on my hand with his thumb.

Turning my head towards him, I leaned close to his ear and asked in a whisper, "Briac, will you dance with me later, when we are through with this?"

Spoiler! :
Again, sorry that this is literally nothing

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes