z

Young Writers Society

The Enchantress

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Once upon a time, Narissa wanted to be the most beautiful and desirable woman in the world. She learned magic to make herself irresistible, but she couldn't disguise her cruelty and vanity. For years she's moved from victim to victim, seizing power and cursing those she felt needed to be punished.

She must be stopped. A handful of people have enough bravery and determination to try and rescue the poor souls the Enchantress has in her clutches and break the spells she's cast.

Spoiler! :
I am trying to stay inspired by my twisted fairytales, so I thought I'd do a trial run with a storybook. I'm looking for originality and a lot of collaboration

Claimed Characters

Narissa: The Enchantress.
(Nominally Leahweird, if you really want her ask Leah)

Alistair: Narissa's twin brother (AriaAdams)

Magic Mirror: Narissa's first victim. He was once a handsome young man, but when he rejected the enchantress she trapped him in a mirror. She brings him everywhere she travels and used him to keep an eye on the vast territory she's gained power over.
(Nominally Leahweird, if you really want him ask Leah)

Snow White: The Princess of the castle Narissa is currently inhabiting, though she's forced to dress and work as a servant by her stepmother.
(Also Leah. Sorry, I'm cherry picking the people I'll need to make things run smoothly. I'll open the three I've snagged back up if and when the cast list fills.)

Stephen: A king forced to long the enchantress, to his cost.

Kai (The huntsman): A peasant boy who attracted the attention of the enchantress. He has shards of glass in his eyes and heart to make him see the world the way Narissa wants him to. He thinks he's in love with her, even though she's clearly throwing him over for the Beast.
(Claimed by Megsug)

The Beast: The beast was a young nobleman who refused to invite the Enchantress into his home to work her wiles on him. In retaliation, she cursed him. He thought he had found the true love that would break the spell, but instead a rule that kept him free was broken. The Enchantress has him in her clutches and apparently intends to marry him.
(Claimed by Shadowlight)

Rapunzel: When the Enchantress caught Rapunzel's father stealing from her garden, she demanded his unborn child as payment. The experiment in motherhood did not go well. Despite being locked in a tower all her life, Rapunzel managed to earn the love her "mother" has sought for years. When it was discovered, the Enchantress cut off her adoptive daughters beautiful long hair, spirited the girl away and cursed her just to be sure that no one would fall for her again.
(Claimed by Lauren2010)

Gerda: A young girl who lost her childhood friend Kai when he suddenly turned cold towards her and ran off with a woman known in their village as the Snow Queen. She is determined to fetch her friend back.
(Claimed by Skydreamer)

Beauty: The youngest daughter of a family fallen on hard times. The Beast bartered with her father to gain the right to marry her, but sought to win her truly. Her homesickness was an obstacle to the love they might have had and her sisters convinced her to break a promise to him. Now that the Enchantress has her would be husband, she is determined to fetch him back, and perhaps right some wrongs.
(Claimed by Fictionfanatic)

Rapunzel's Prince: He found a beautiful girl in a tower, but met her mother the night he meant to spirit her away. He was thrown to the ground and left for dead. He survived, but is blind, lost, and unsure whether his beloved even lives.
(Claimed by Queerelves)

The Robber Girl: The youngest of seven thieving siblings. Her six brothers where cursed to take the form of crows when they made the mistake of attacking the Enchantress's carriage. She is attempting to find a way to change them back.
(Claimed by Ariaadams)

The Frog Prince: Another of Narissa's past "conquests", this prince is forced to be a frog until he can earn a heartfelt kiss.
(Claimed by Alvarin)

Little Brother: One of Narissa's step children. He was able to escape her clutches, but he was transformed into a stag. He used to share a cottage in the forest with his sister, but she's gone off to be married.
(Claimed by Shadowlight)

The Snow Queen: The rightful ruler of the Winterlands. She mysteriously disappeared shortly before the Beast was cursed.
(Claimed by Liv)

The Little Mermaid: A mermaid princess who wanted despretly to be human so she could marry a handsome prince. Nariassa "helped" her, but it was impossible to win the prince's love and the mermaid supposedly turned to seafoam. But the strength of the mermaids spirit clung to the only part of her left: Her voice.
(Claimed by Bugslake)

Unclaimed Characters

Sleeping Beauty: A curse bestowed on her by the Enchantress at her christening caused her to prick her finger on a spindle and fall into a death like sleep. For one hundred years she's been waiting in the heart of a castle surrounded by vicious briars.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all

[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Gender: [/b]

[b]Appearance[/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]History: [/b]

[b]Other: [/b](This is a good spot to describe aspects of curses and special strengths and weaknesses)

Spoiler! :

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Snow White - Narissa's Castle

Nieve ascended the spiralling staircase to the tower with one hand against the wall. In her other fist she clutched a broom, just to have an excuse ready if anyone caught her up there. Originally her mothers solar had been at the top. Nieve remembered how her father had used it as a study of sorts. He's said he liked to go up there because because it was out of the way. Private. Now it belonged to Narissa for much the same reason.

The princess paused at the top of the stairs, making a show of fixing the hem of her ragged skirt while she listened for signs that her stepmother was in the room. She caught murmurs of of Jaspers crystalline voice, but nothing else. After staining to listen to what he was actually saying, she realized he was just reciting one of his horrid little poems about cheerfully murdering an ex-lover. He usually didn't do that with the enchantress in the room unless he was feeling particularly saucy, so she assumed it was safe to go in.

"I really wish you wouldn't do that," she said, interrupting him.

The vague shape in the glass sharpened and turned into an image of youth with white hair. He still looked the same as he did when she was a teenager. Now she suspected she was getting older than him, at least physically.

"Snow!" He said, grinning. "I really thought you'd forgotten me that time."

"Don't try and guilt trip me like that. It's been a day."

The reflection shrugged. "I got bored. Turn the page please?"

Nieve crossed the room in to the book she had propped up in front of the glass for him, but she kept frowning.

"Is that why you were singing again? Even though I've told you it makes you sound like a maniac?"

"Your continued faith in my sanity is very sweet."

Nieve sighed. Jasper was a very dear friend, but he could be exasperating at times. She supposed she couldn't blame him though. If she was in the same circumstances she might be equally bitter.

"You're in a mood today," she pointed out, somewhat uselessly.

"We have a new guest."

The mirrors voice had lost all touches of humour. Nive gripped the broom tighter.

"Who? When?"

"I don't know much. She hasn't got any mirrors with him yet. I just know she's thrilled about it."

Nieve bit her lip. Narissa being inordinately pleased was almost worse then when she was upset. Either way the enchantress was distracted from picking on her stepdaughter, but that wasn't very nice for whoever was getting the attention.

"I should go see."

"Take something reflective."

"Only if they want company. I won't help you spy on people."

She walked out on his protests. While this new development meant the enchantress would be too busy celebrating elsewhere she still hurried down the steps, only stopping one in the middle to wait out a dizzy spell. Nieve wanted to find the poor creature who'd been dragged into Narissa's web. There was no telling what state she would find them in.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln