z

Young Writers Society

Gone

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:13 pm
View Likes
ElectraHeart says...

This story book is a copy of the book series "Gone" by Micheal Grant, one of my favorite series. These are not my ideas they are Mr. Grants. Would just like to make that clear.

If you have not read the Gone series they're about basically everyone over the age of fifteen basically "poofs". Some kids had been developing super human powers. There's a dome type thing around Perdido Beach, CA. There are two schools, the public and Coates. Coates Academy is a private school where most parent send their "troubled" kids.

You're sitting in class with the teacher droning on and on, or perhaps your going to the store with your mom. Then, all of a sudden the adult is gone. There's no more lesson, your mother isn't in the car. You walk outside with other kids and go to other classrooms, but you see no one over the age of fifteen. Where are they? What happened to all the adults?

What to include in your character information.
Spoiler! :
Your character must be under 15 years old. You must include the age in your character information. Other things you should include are height, personality, "freak" or normal. If your character is a freak please state what power they have and how many bars they are. So it should look like this:
Personality:
Freak or Normal:
Power:
Bars:
History:
History:

Rules
Spoiler! :
1. Keep the cussing to a low.
2. No descriptive sexual scenes.
3. No power playing
4. 1 power for each character

The Characters
Spoiler! :
Everett Alexander
Luke Hall
Vernon Knowles
Quintilla Newberry
Clarisse Primson
Talia Temperance
Lillavera Temperance
Last edited by ElectraHeart on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:15 pm
View Likes
SecreteJournalist says...

You might want to credit this idea is off of the book 'Gone'.
"I write for fear of silence." Apartment - Young The Giant

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Will do that

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm
Ibounce says...

How does a storybook work?

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:28 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

"There is nothing better", Vernon thought, "than spending your time with sophisticated men."
The four of them sat round a circular table, in the most home like house possible. They were in the music room, and the walls were painted with tartan paint and covered with posters of bands and singers. One wall was a bookshelf, where the sheet music, musical autobiographies and books on technique were kept. There were enough instruction manuals to train the London Philharmonic Orchestra, and instruments to match hung around the room, and a few dangled from the roof. Finally in the centre of the room stood a large black shiny grand piano, on top of which stood a music stand and metronome.
The aformentioned "sophisticated men" were in fact Vernon, Vernon, Vernon and Vernon. Polite company was hard to come by in any circumstance, and once the adults are removed and the rowdys given super powers, as a general rule things started to go downhill. And so Vernon had taken to having a musical evening with some of the best musicians he knew. The programme ran like this:
A few tunes by The Penguin Cafe Orchestra, which are to include
Music From A Found Harmonium
HeartWind and
Perpetum Mobile
Followed by some music by
Murry Gold.

After a break of tea and biscuits the orchestra shall play
The Equestrian Statue By the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band
And
Delilah by Tom Jones...

And so it went on. At other times they would play board games (which generally ended in a draw) or draw, and generally had a enjoyable time.
Life is good.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

42 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:59 pm
View Likes
ElectraHeart says...

Quintilla opened the door to her house so when she shifted she would get out easily. Quinn closed her eyes and felt her body morph into the shape of a common house cat. No matter what animal form she took on her coat was always brown, a result from her hair she assumed, and her eyes remained a shocking blue. She felt herself shrink, her hands and feet became paws and her nails became thin and more narrow.

As Quinn opened her eyes everything was huge to her. She padded down her steps, in search for someone to play with her, but was quickly distracted by the sound of the music. It was very light but she could still hear it. Quinn hurried over to where the music was coming from and started scratching the door, maybe someone interesting was in there?

433 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:43 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

The music in question was the incidental music from Amelie*: and Vernon had been playing it for 20 minutes now. Vernon loved that music, and he had copied the film onto his laptop, so he could watch it whenever.
The had been just the one of him, but as soon as he heard the scratching at the door he stopped. And listened. Yes, it was defiantly there. He closed his eyes and started rocking on the piano stool. Then a tangible copy walked out of him, stretched, and headed to the front door, hoping that the phantom scratcher hadn't damaged the paintwork. This was the first visitor he had had, and he didn't know of his intentions, and so precautions were a must. First listen, then look, then open with the latch on. He listened; A scratching sound, that was predictable. Then he peeped through the keyhole. Nothing. So finally he cautiously opened the door, keeping the chain on the latch. A ball of fur flew by his feet, straight to the music room. Then the copy disappeared, as the original Vernon was distracted. He had almost fallen of his stool as the aforementioned fur ran underneath him.
It was a cat.
It was a rather nice cat as well: A rich chocolate coat and dark blue eyes. And, faced with no particular course of action, Vernon resumed playing.
"Let the cat stay if it wants," he thought to himself, and then "wait, it'll be hungry..."
Vernon groped around his pockets.
"I'm sure I had a tin of cat food somewhere..."
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

42 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm
View Likes
ElectraHeart says...

Quinn darts around the music room and comes to a sudden halt. She looks around and see's a boy. Quintilla pads over to the boy. She thought about changing back but decided against it, she didn't like her human form to much. She was often told she was pretty, but she didn't pay much attention to that.

Quintilla walked up to the boy and started scratching at his right pant leg playfully. Then she began to roll on the floor and purred.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:56 pm
View Likes
Ibounce says...

Tempe and Tilly were sitting on the couch when it happened. The smiling man on the tv dissolved into static, leaving the sound of a pot boiling over in the kitchen. But that was a month ago. Tilly was getting over the shock slowly, but it was even harder for Tempe, even though she would never admit it.

"Lila?" Tilly asked, pulling the hem of Tempe's shirt," Will you make me a rainbow?"

"Ok." Tempe smiled. Whisps of fog oozed from the crevices in her palms. Using the other hand, she blew open the window. Sunlight streamed into the room, refracting off the mist and enveloping the little girl in multicoloured light. Seeing her laugh in delight and run amongst the steam made it worth all the trouble.

433 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:44 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Vernon Stopped playing, and got of the stool. Cats too much attention. But although he was slightly annoyed he was glad of the company. He had always wanted a pet, but his house was too small apparently. Anyway, cats were reasonable company. Don't answer back. Don't correct him on matters of opinion. Pity it can't play a musical instrument though...
He sat on the floor and started stroking the cat. The cat food was in a bowl so the cat could get it when she wanted. Vernon had also put out a small saucer of milk.
A thought suddenly occurred to him. "What's your name cat?" he said. This was silly; He was talking to it now.
Vernon got back on the piano resumed playing. He was drifting through the tune now, swaying this way and that to the music...
"Quinn."
Vernon stopped, and stared at the cat. He could have sworn he heard her speak. His mind was playing tricks on him. But Quinn was a good a name as any he supposed...
"Quinn it shall be then." he said, and with that he left the room and went upstairs to his bedroom.

42 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:29 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Quinn padded over to the saucer of milk and began lapping it up. The milk was sweet on her tongue. She layed down quietly and took a small nap. She estimated it was only a minimum of five and a maximum of ten. She quietly uncoiled herself and whisked her fluffy brown tail around.

Quintilla then decided to seek out the boy again, he indeed seemed rather friendly. So she headed towards the stairs. She kind of had to pounce to get on the first step, then for the rest she had to claw her way up. When Quinn got to the top she stopped for a minute looking at all the doorways, each was opened. She scurried to the first door. No one was in that room. She checked the second and third doors, still nobody. Finally she found the boys room.

She went over to the boy who was sitting on his bed and jumped up beside him. Quinn rested her small head on the boys leg and closed her eyes. She had never been big on friends and she didn't know if this boy would be freaked out by her shape shifting abilities so she decided to stay a cat. After all, friendship is the best medicine. Right?

433 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:51 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Vernon was beginning to get used to having a cat. He had just found out that cats make good hot water bottles, because as he sketched out a large map of this island he had been imagining for some time, the cat had come and lay down on his leg. The cat had several advantages over a hot water bottle Vernon mused. They don't get too hot. Or too cold. And they are much softer. And you don't need to fetch them. They just come.
That said Vernon couldn't imagine the cat getting up the stairs. Particularly seeing as they were spiral. It must of been pretty tough for her.
Vernon put his drawing aside and went to his dads workshop; a lean to extension on the back of the house. Hammer. Nails. 2mm plyboard. Now to work.

Two hours later Vernon had finished his DIY. Around the inside of the spiral staircase ran a runway made of plyboard, topped with thin stick on non slip rubber. Talk about pampered, thought Vernon. But at least it was something to do.

42 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Quinn was still sound asleep when Vernon left. When she woke up she had no idea how long it had been since she fell asleep. Quinn jumped down off the bed and landed on her feet. She looked for something that would give her the boys name. She listened for a little. She could tell he was downstairs. She would switch back just for a moment to figure out what she wanted to know. She didn't think she had ever seen him before all the adults disappeared.

Quinn quickly closed her eyes and switched back to her original form, hopefully the boy wouldn't notice the sound of her footsteps as she walked around. She found a few papers and searched for a name. Halfway through the stack she found one.

"Vernon" was neatly written across the top. She then realized she had to use the restroom, bad. She walked into the hallway and to the bathroom to relieve herself. Without thinking she flushed, and then realized a minute later that Vernon would probably hear it. Quickly, Quinn turned back into her cat self and darted back into Vernon's bedroom.

433 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Vernon looked at his handiwork proudly, and then at his watch. Seven. He decided to head back to the music room, and play a tune that had been orbiting his head recently. I am the doctor by Murray Gold for musical saw, violin and piano. The cover was of his own composition, and he was having a little trouble with the introduction; Weather to start slowly or suddenly.
He went to the music room and split himself appropriately: One one saw, one on violin, one on vocals and one one piano. At that point the cat padded into the room, and stopped. I must be confusing her, thought Vernon.

42 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 pm
ElectraHeart says...

The multiple Vernon's confused Quinn at first but then she understood. He was a freak. Of course. That must have been how he had been making music today. She darted around to each individual Vernon and stuck a paw on each to see if it would go through or not. It did,all besides piano Vernon. She questioned showing Vernon her power but thought he might freak out. He could possibly kick her out and so far she liked living with Vernon. Quinn dismissed the multiple Vernon's like it was normal, and then just sat there on the floor, wanting to see what they did, and how they did it.

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca