z

Young Writers Society

East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Always open)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Sisters Greta and Elsie must go on a perilous journey to save Kei, he has been taken by the Troll Queen, the heartless sorceress of winter to her Kingdom which lays East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

The journey is to a place forgotten by the waking world, to a land far away to the ends of the world and beyond where the horizon meets the sky, Where the Four Winds have their beginnings and where the lines between magic and reality bleed together.

The young Girls must pass through the lands of the four seasons; Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter- which will not be an easy task, as the kingdoms are falling apart due to bloody and drawn out war with one another. The Queens, though they be sisters have little love for one another and their quarrels threaten to destroy the Fairy world.

The Childlike Spring Queen is quarreling with the Rakish Gypsy Autumn Queen – For the latter stole the Dragon to give to her sickly daughter in a desperate move to heal the Autumn Princess of a strange wasting disease.

The Winter Queen is in a panic for, her son the Snow Bear has gone missing and this wild and violent queen will stop at nothing to find him- even if it means allying herself with the evils of the trolls. The Beautiful but deceptive Summer Queen, has her own plans, of ruling all the seasons... but only she and the Salamander know to what lengths she will go to get her hearts desires.

Greta and Elsie must pass through these lands ruled by these waring sisters if they have any hope of finding Kei and returning home. But they are not alone on this quest, for many will join them along the way.

Who knows how the story will end, it may be a happy ending- but for who remains the question...

Character slots:
Spoiler! :
Greta- StellaThomas
Elsie- Liv
Kei- Leahweird
Troll Queen/Sorceress- Leahweird
Spring Queen- Cacha01
Summer Queen- ReisyPeisey
Autumn Queen- Fictionfanatic
Winter Queen- Iggy
Autumn Princess- RurouniOfLife
Snow Bear- Shadowlight
Dragon- Avalon
Salamander- Avalon
East wind-RurouniOfLife
West wind- AriaAdams
North Wind-LiptonCookie
South wind- Scarlettefire

Please limit yourself to your number of characters. don't take more then you can handle- thanks! And any extra characters you may want to fill in the edge I welcome- just PM me first, although I do wish to fill in main characters before adding new slots.

Character sheet:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b] (Titles too)
[b]Rank[/b] (Queen, Princess, Prince, Beggar? )
[b]Appearance [/b] (Both a picture and description please. And please try not to use any anime pictures. Also here is the place to say what race your character is- unicorn, wind, fay, ect... )
[b]Personality[/b] (Not everyone is perfect make sure you put down both their strengths and flaws!)
[b]History[/b] (Everyone has one!)

Rules:
Spoiler! :
~Normal YWS Storybook rules apply here.
~Be polite and civil to one another even in disagreements- I am serious I have very little tolerance for rudeness.
~Please try to keep the posts PG13 or lower. this is a dark story but please try your hardest not to make any posts too graphic, that being said if you MUST have a rather graphic post (if it is integral) please put it in spoilers and give us a warning.
~As creator I Shadowlight welcome questions, suggestions and a very active input from everyone! I LOVE character driven storybooks an if you think you have an awesome idea- PM me!
~and this goes without saying but as creator I have the last say and will beat people with my wet noodle whip if they get out of line. *winks*
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

42 Reviews

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:13 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
OFFICIALLY STARTED- LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!

Sebastian aka The Snow Bear-Troll Queens Palace:

drip, drip, drip.

The condensation falling from the dark cavernous ceiling into an unseen pool of water, the dark dank air was oppressive, stinking of mildew and foul bodies.

Sebastian paced the tiny confines of his prison, three steps and then a turn- like a wild beast he paced, blind in the utter darkness, half smothered with the damps and heartsick for a glimpse of sun and his home.

He slid down the bars and sat- knees to his chest trying to think of a way to escape the Troll Queens cage.... for the heartless creature had put him, not in a cell, but an iron cage- like a dancing bear or a wolf on display. He growled softly under his breath and picked at the bars- blindly feeling for any weak spot, there was none.

Suddenly he was plunged from full darkness into blinding light, his eyes ached and he shut them with a cry- hands going to covered the dazzled orbs.

"Hello your Highness." Irra, her voice like a softly hissing serpent was standing before him, an alluring smile on her lips, her long lashes quivering. "And how are you this evening?"

The sound of her voice was like that of nails on slate to Sebastian, the false air of concern...He hated her.

"Well as could be expected..." He said, eying her from the opposite side of the cage, she gave him the unnerving feeling of a wolf about to go for his throat.

"Oh good, are you busy by any chance?" Irony coated the question and she even giggled slightly.

"You know I'm not..."

"Well then you won't mind taking a turn with me in the open air will you? the stars are out in full force tonight."

Sebastian's heart leaped at the thought of fresh air- or leaving this cage and stretching his limbs, "Would you like that sebby?"

"...If it pleases you." He said warily, going towards the door of his cage.

"Oh it does, it pleases Me very much." She glided over to the door and using her magic alone unlocked it, "But, we have to take some precautions."

"Precautions?" she nodded grinning and snapped her fingers- four or five trolls seemed to melt out of the darkness and come over, each baring chains, and one which seemed to be a collar or iron.

"We wouldn't want you running off, not when we're just beginning to be acquainted with one another. Now just put on these highness and we'll go outside.

The trolls moved at Sebastian and before he even had a chance to resist the iron collar was around his neck, and he felt the familiar draining of his magical essence, his hands were bound behind his back and a chain about his ankles so his steps were hobbled.

"Mm, I've always enjoyed the sight of a man in chains." Irra giggled- taking the lead , and Giving it a slight tug. "Come along Sebby. time for our walk." the trolls seen and those unseen roared with laughter and Sebastian's pride could not have been any more broken. " I think a turn in the garden, Ooh and maybe dinner?" Sebastian didn't answer, suddenly he felt her breath on his neck and he shied away. "Oh come now Sebby," Irra purred, giving him a long look, like a snake watched a mouse. "We both know you must be hungry- four days in that cage with nothing to eat. Have dinner with me?"

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 pm
KingLucifer says...

Bevurth Adalinda - Grand Hall - In the heat of battle

When you are like me, you see bloodshed almost every day of your life. When you do that, the moments in between those bloodshed are the ones where you do all your thinking, the mind numbing speed of battle where you can't be thinking about anything else. It can be a true pleasure, when you are like me, this is one of those cases.

I charge forward both weapons drawn, ready for the mind numbing speed of battle and to cause more bloodshed. I roar with deficiency and strike out at the group of men who would try by force to kill the Summer Queen. My friend, my charge, my only ally. My blades sharp enough to break though a wooden spear I twist and my foot lands hard against the steel plated chest the man flying back onto his back. The four others around me stunned by my great speed they all began readying there weapons.

"Weapons!" One of them shouts somewhere from my right.

I react before them I swing my right sword in the chink between the helmet and chest armor and cut the veins in his neck. Using the same motion I spun around and use the hilt of my blade to smash the side of the thirds helmet sending him to the ground.

"Get her you fools! don't just stand around our Throne awaits us!" the leader said.

Only four of them got up, the one I slashed was dead or dying. I leaped into the air higher than most normal man could ever hope back towards the door that lead to my friend, Malina's throne room. If they somehow got past me and into her Throne Room, a second line of defense would kick in, guards would step forward and fight for her to keep her safe. But I would never let them get that far, Never will it happen. I crossed my arms over my chest in hailing a deep breath, and allowed my anger to take on form.

A raging inferno came from me strong and powerful, a great torrent of fire engulfed all four men and even the body of there fallen comrade. Though the raging fire I heard the screams of the four men being burned alive by the fire that raged from my mouth. Eventually it all stopped, the fire died out, I collapse to one knee the adrenaline leaving me and the exhaustion of using my fire hitting me hard. I breath heavily, I was exhausted from my battle yes, but I had won, I had fulfilled my duty once again.

After a minute of rest I swing my swords and then sheathed them onto the dual sheaths at my side. I turned and entered the Malina's Throne Room, the throne room was nothing like the room before it. The Grand Hall was dull and made entirely of brick because of my flaming tendencies to breath fire. The throne room was decorated with guards, a tapestry of my friend hung at the far end of the room showing off her great beauty. Two guards were at the door, six more along the walls of the room, two more stood at her throne.

The idea behind so many is that if somehow I am felled in battle, it's going to take many guards to fell the warrior who managed to kill me. It's never happened yet, obviously, but it was better to be safe rather than sorry, I looked to my right at the guard.

"Get a clean up staff, there are five bodies in the Grand Hall." I said.

"Yes ma'am" he said.

Waving him off I approach the throne where my friend sat, seemingly bored from hearing peasants from all day today. I kneel down in front of her, placing my hand over my heart and bowing my head to her.

"More uninvited guests I assume?" she asked.

"Yes Your Majesty," I said, "They have been dealt away with promptly."

"Good, guards! start turning away peasants, I am done hearing complaints for today. Captain Bevurth, I would like to see you in my chambers." she said.

"Yes Your Majesty!" the guards respond.

Some time later, walking up the stone steps to the Malina's tower where her room was, I live in the tower opposite of her's. She opens the wooden door and steps inside, I follow her in as well and the door closes behind me. The moment it does, you can practically see the Queen act drop from her, and perhaps me as well. Her room was a little underwhelming for a Queen of such confidence and stature. Being a tower, it was small with only a comfy bed and a desk to write at with some candles that she used during the night.

"How are you feeling Malina?" I asked, in public we were all formal and professional, sometimes it can seem cruel to be ruling over your own friend. But it was a fate I've gladly accepted, but once we were safely behind closed doors all formalities were gone and we were back to being good friends, despite the tension between me and her recently.

"Tired, warn down, the recent stresses of my sisters has it's tolls on me," she said as she sat down on her bed. I quickly joined her, sitting beside her and gently placing my hand on her shoulder.

"I know, it must be hard when your waring with your siblings," I said.

"It is, but once we win, I'll be able to breath easier." she said.

"When we do," I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:48 am
StellaThomas says...

Greta Gable |the Woods near the Gable family farm

The sun came in at them at an angle through the leaves of the old oak tree where they hid, meaning that the day was stretching into night. Greta watched the rays of light for a moment, her eyes flitting between it and Kei, sitting so close to her that she could simply reach out and touch him. She considered it, her hand trembling in her lap, but then she decided against it.

"I should go," she said. "Find Elsie and bring her home." Elsie had skipped off after a squirrel half an hour ago and was yet to return.

"Ah, stay a while," Kei said. "Dinner can wait."

"Our father will be wondering where we are," Greta said. "Here, help me down."

Kei obliged, both of them standing up on the wide limb of the tree. He gave her his hand and she took it. A shiver ran the whole way down her spine even though really he made her feel warm, his hands rough and hardworking, friendly and safe as, knowing he was there holding her secure, she jumped off the branch to the next one, then hopped to the ground.

Kei took the leap in one go, landing in a crouching position beside her and smiling like the god of mischief. He and Elsie always took the jump in one go. Greta was always too afraid.

"Elsie!" she called. The girl couldn't have gotten far.

"Will I see you two tomorrow?" Kei asked, smiling at her, almost shyly. But then Greta shook herself out of that way of thinking. Because if he was interested in anyone it was her vivacious, beautiful wisp of a sister.

But she still nodded. "How about we meet tomorrow morning? Eleven o'clock?"

"Only if you bring some of your delicious rolls for breakfast."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure thing. Why not? Elsie!" she shouted again and Elsie appeared, twigs in her hair.

"Sorry, I just got excited and I nearly caught the squirrel!"

"We have to go home."

"Oh do we really?" Elsie asked, looking at Kei. Simultaneously the two of them rolled their eyes.

"Yes." Greta said, taking her sister's hand.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:57 am
Sassafras says...

Malinda, the Summer Queen

"I think I may be long overdue for a nap. Today's been a busy one."

Bevurth eyed the Queen worryingly and moved closer to her side.

"Should I call one of your stewards and have them draw you a bath?"

"No. No that won't be necessary. Just stay in the room with me, would you? I don't trust the windows."

Bevurth nodded and moved to take a seat by the door. Malinda shed her gown and slipped under the thin blankets on her bed. The sun was high in the sky, the hottest part of the day. Malinda's skin glistened with a thin sheet of sweat, and her sheets clung to her body. A bath would have been nice, but her body was way too tired. She would have fallen asleep in the water anyway.

She'd been up since the first rays of sunlight, listening to complaints and requests from peasants and soldiers alike. Usually, this would not bother her not wear her out so quickly, but the war between her sisters was taking a heavy toll on her. She'd not as much patience or resilience as she did before. This quarrel, she feared, would soon turn her into an old woman.

She'd been asleep for maybe an hour when a hand shook her shoulder, rousing her from slumber. Malinda woke lazily, rubbing her dreams away with the back of her hand. Stubbornly, she pulled the sheet over her head to block her eyes away from the light.

"Yes, Bev?"

"There's been an attack on the town. What will you have me do?"

"Another attack," she said, nearly breathless, as she rushed out of bed to put on her dress.

"I'm afraid so."

"Go deal with it, but leave me twenty guards to defend the castle."

Bevurth bowed and rushed for the door.

"Find out who did this," Malinda called to her friend's retreating back. "I'll have their head."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:41 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

Elsie Gable | The Family Farm

"Evening Elsie, Greta!" One of the farmhands called, tipping his hat and as he stepped off of the path so we could pass, "Your Pa has been looking for ya."

Prancing to his side, I offered him the daisy I had plucked from the field and laughed, "Oh don't worry about him, Thomas. We can handle him!"

Taking a few paces towards the house, I called over my shoulder with a wave, "Have a wonderful night! Tell your mother I say hello!"

Thomas nodded with a smile and went on his way, his work done for the day as the sun was setting. All the workers would be back by sunrise and leave by sunset, their timing and entire lives run by the natural lighting of the sun.

Skipping the rest of the way to our home, I pulled the door open and pranced in, leaving the door open behind me for Greta.

"Hello, Papa!" I sang, skipping over to his spot at the kitchen table and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as a greeting before moving to start on dinner.

"Who were you talking to out there, Elsie?" He asked, peering out the window to catch the last glimpse of Thomas walking away.

I knew he couldn't stand it when Greta and I talked to available men, even politely, so I covered, "It was just Marvin, Papa. I asked him to tell his wife hello for me."

He squinted his eyes as if he didn't fully believe it, but as Greta came through the door he forgot the matter and moved on to another

"Greta, where have you two been?" He asked, his gaze focused on her.

My stomach dropped - he always did this, holding Greta responsible and letting me go.

"Father, we were just-" I started, only to but cut off by Greta.

"We finished our work so we were out in the woods, father." She said in a hushed tone, coming to my side and taking over making dinner. As I tried to help her she waved me away, so I instead took my seat beside our father - his left side, so I could always hear him with my good ear.

He opened his mouth to question her further, so I reached out for his hands and took them in mine before he could say another word, "Papa, my knee is hurting a little bit. Do you think you could take a look at it for a moment?"

I exchanged a soft smile with Greta, having effectively gotten our father to forget his questioning of her.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 pm
catcha01 says...

Queen Azalea, Spring Queen

I sighed as I was one again being briefed of the war efforts in my sisters kingdoms. I glanced around the court room in a frenzy to occupy myself. The task was harder than I presumed.

Everything in here was something that I have seen before, the floral arrangements. The pink and yellow banners that hung vertically, decorating the walls.

Regardless no matter how much the castle was decorated to my liking, my dragon friend wasn't their to reside in it with me.

The mention of my sister's name Celestine snapped me out of my aimless thoughts and focused me back on the briefing.

"My apologies your highness, but we still haven't located Sir Balthazar, but the efforts are continuing milady," the short stocky man with round glasses said.

He quivered with fear as she uttered informations that he was fully aware I wouldn't want to hear.

"Of course not, launch another attack then on my wretched sister and her daughter," I said once again allowing my eyes to wander.

If there was one thing I could be mature in, it was war.

"By the way," I said leaving a gateway for my next question, "how is the Summer Queen enjoying my attack?"

He fixed his glasses as my green eyes studied him. His brow furrowed as he hastily flipped through the pile of papers for war reports I presumed.

Once he found it and he straitened his posture the idea of being the one you always impress was satisfying.

He cleared his throat and read, "Men have arrived in the Summer Kingdom and have engaged in war."

I nodded, "Nothing to add?" I asked used to how he operated.
"Shall we prepare for defensive tactics incase of a retaliation?" the man asked in a meek tone.

I laughed, "Mr. Peters, that may be just the only pleasing thing I've heard you utter during this whole briefing,"

I rose to my feet my yellow dress brushing my legs slightly and my flip flops slightly slipping off my feet.

"Prepare for defensive action. Oh and have the maids bring me my daily tea and cookies in the garden." I said before taking off down the hall and toward the courtyard missing my friend dearly.
Last edited by catcha01 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:12 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Narcissa - The Winter Queen

It's been well over three decades and even now, with closed eyes and quiet surroundings, Narcissa can still see his dark blue eyes, feel her hands roaming through his dark tousled hair, taste his lips as they tasted hers.

She never did learn his name. He was with her for a total of three days, spending each night in her bedchambers, and in the morning he'd be gone before she awoke, a rose resting beside her where he rested. By the third morning, there was a note accompanying the rose, a note that froze her heart.

Forgive me.

She stayed up for a week straight, not eating, not resting. Waiting. Taking her seat on the window sill, eyes casted up at the stars, an endless stream of tears running down her cheeks. He never did return, her dark lover, the man of magic and mischief; the man she was told to call Frost.

A week after his departure, she noticed an absence in her blood. And nine months later, Sebastian was born.

Narcissa hated her son from the moment she laid eyes on him. Hair as dark as night, eyes as blue as his godforsaken father's. Handsome like the devil. She ordered her maid to take him away, to throw him in the street or kill him or give him to some bastard peasant. She didn't care. He was a sole reminder of the biggest mistake she ever made -- giving her heart to someone.

Immediately one minute after her maid left, she regretted her decision. She was, after all, a mother and it's a mother's sole duty in life to protect her child. So she screamed at her other maid to bring the former back and back she came, never having left the palace in the first place. Narcissa brought her child to her bosom and watched as his lips latched on to her breasts and suckled. The sight of his eyes opening slightly and gazing up at her had her smiling against her will.

Sure, his father was an ass. But Sebastian (for his name was decided upon that second) wasn't. He would never leave his mother. Narcissa knew this in her broken, aching heart. He was the glue that would mend her soul and patch her heart together and make her whole again.

He was her haven.

--

The guard was thrown back, by a powerful force of magic that came from a burst of anger. The ground surrounding them began to freeze, a thick coat of ice covering the ground.

The woman before him was beautiful. White blond hair billowed around her face in thick curls, her dark blue eyes colder than the ice she was wielding in her right hand. Her face was a mask of fury, her gaze sharp enough to cut into the man's skin as he cowered before her.

"My Queen-" he whispered pleadingly.

"Find my son!" she screamed, and a crevasse formed at her feet, wider than his body and slowly heading for him.

"We are looking everywhere, my Queen! He is nowhere in your land. The last someone saw of Prince Sebastian was in his snowbear form, heading for the Ice Forest. After that, his footsteps lead towards the Beyonds and they disappear."

"You mean to say that one of my sisters took my son?" she whispered, her voice calm, despite the look of borderline insanity rage in her eyes.

"It was the North Beyonds the footsteps aimed for before they faded out."

The ice in her hand shot out, smashing into the wall to her left and causing it to crash down.

"Malinda. That filthy bi-"

"Queen Narcissa!" She spun to see three guards hurrying towards her. They bowed respectfully and the one that spoke knelt before her, holding out a cloth. With a wave of her hand, it unraveled, revealing a smoldering patch of white fur.

Narcissa eyed the object silently for a second, then waved her hand once more, closing the crevasse and ordering her captain to stand. "Queen Malinda has stolen my son. Captain Rath, gather your men. Send some to bring a message to my sister. Tell her that she has until the sun sets tomorrow to release my son or it's a war we will have."

The captain rose from his cowering position on the floor, bowed, and left with two of the other guards. Narcissa turned to the remaining one and took the piece of fur from him, holding it against her chest. "Come with me, Hans. We must warn my sisters of the upcoming battle."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:14 am
Leahweird says...

Spoiler! :
I'm posting what I have because it's getting later and later with poor Shady at my mercy. It's only have a post really, but maybe something can be done with it. Otherwise I'll finish it asap, along with posting for Kai. I do apologize for the lameness, but I'm almost done exams and then I won't have to keep putting off my real love (writing)

Irra say at the head of her table as usual, and enjoyed the sigh of her captive steadfastly refusing to fall upon the food even though she knew he must be ravenous by now. She could see the pinched look in his face even when he wasn't looking at her. His determination to displease her would almost be attractive if it wasn't so irritating. She admired his willpower. It would be fun chipping away at it.

"Do you like it?"

Sebastian didn't answer. She hadn't honestly expected him to. Just another part of their dance.

"I had it brought in special for you, " she continued. "The trolls aren't used to anything so fine. And I, of course, am above such things."

"It's fine."

Irra smiled and took a sip of her drink. She'd thought about offering him salad alone and teasing him about needing his greens, but she wasn't sure how much of the bear in him was a carnivore, and she didn't want to make him ill. Not yet at least when he could still submit.

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm
KingLucifer says...

Bevurth Adalinda - Summer Town - Defense!

I hurried down the stairs of the tower my legs moving faster than my mind as I reached the Throne Room, guards were already in line. That's one thing I've drilled into each of the guards heads, taking the initiative. My four lieutenants stood before the crowd.

"Situation report!" I yell at the four.

"Ma'am, the Spring Queen's forces are at the town gates!" Lieutenant Jericho said.

"Right, Lieutenant Raithwall, take Alpha Company and fortify the town walls, keep the enemy out for as long as possible. Lieutenant Maxwell, take Bravo Company and evacuate the town to the Castle Shelters, the town walls will be breached and this will be a long battle." I said.

"Yes ma'am!" they said in unison.

They turned and started yelling orders to the troops, Alpha and Bravo Company soon making there way out. I turn to my next two Lieutenants, "Lieutenant Jackson, you're in charge of Charlie and Dragon Company, set up ambush points around town this is our home and we'll use it to our advantage." I said.

"Yes Ma'am!" he said, saluting me then yelling orders to his companies.

Lieutenant Jackson, he was my most trusted Lieutenant, "Lieutenant Jackson, you're in charge of Echo and Foxtrot Company, you're to set up castle defenses, if all else fails then the Summer Queen must be evacuated to the Capital City, Eden, we'll regroup there and then retaliate against the Spring Queen." I said.

He gave me a smirk, and said "yes Ma'am," I push past him and break into a run and didn't look back.

As I reached the gates of the castle I quickly pushed them open, and see just how big the attack is. The Spring Queen is putting everything into a single assault. Protective surge of energy for Malina surged though me as I broke into another run heading for the front gates of Summer Town. I could hear the roar of men ready to fight and the reinforced metal doors of the town were barely holding against the battering ram that was being used on it.

"Chit" was all I could say. I sprinted hard and leapt into the air, just high enough to get onto the hard stone walls of the town. I looked and saw the massive invasion force that was being brought against Summer Town. But I could only thing of how desperate the Spring Queen must be to prove a point to her sisters that she wasn't as a childish she was making herself out to be.

I turn and see guards coming out of the watch tower with bows and arrows ready to fire at the invasion force. But I had other worries to deal with, like the battering ram at the front gate right now. I take a few steps back and know this would be a hard jump to make since I had to leap pretty far to get to the battering ram and not fall into the moat. Yeah, that would be bad.

I sprint forward and leap into the air, jumping off the top of the cover used by archers and towards the four men using the battering ram. Only to fall short and barely cling on to the side of the pathway, I groan from the subtle amount of pain along my arms. Then a shadow falls over me and I look and see a rather bulky guard hovering over me.

"Uhhh, nice day we're having?" I said with a nervous smile.

He takes a great sword in both hands and raises it above his head and swings it down fast, I let go of the ledge only to hold on with my left arm clinging desperately to hold on. If I fell now, I would drown in the moat. I quickly move and grab ahold of his great sword placing all my weight on it. He tries to life once, only to be unsuccessful.

"What's wrong big guy, can't lift a 120 pound girl like me?" I taunted.

He roared with an anger as he lifted his blade into the air, catapulting me right over him and onto the battering ram. The battering ram itself had the Spring Queen's insignia carved onto the front of it, which meant it belonged to her, and would be the first thing her enemies saw after they broke down the doors. I quickly drew my swords as the guard yelled out "Hey!" in a gruff voice.

I quickly swung my swords and cut straight though the four ropes that was holding the battering ram in place. Two in the back, two in the front. Then all I was left with was four annoyances known as the Spring Queen's Soldiers and the fact I was now locked out of the town and was about to fight on my own against an army.

Yeah, I was screwed.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 am
fictionfanatic says...

Autumn Queen Celestine

"Milady!" A knight interrupted, throwing open the doors of my drawing room just as I was poised to being painting, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but the knights have been on guard for weeks now and there has been no sign of attack. The men wish to return home, miss."

I gave a sigh as a placed my paint brush beside the unused paint - such a waste.

"Don't worry, Sir, there will be an attack. I'm sure of it. And I intend to be prepared for it." I explained, only using so many words. How could I tell him that there would be an attack because I stole something from my sister? That this was my doing so I could save my daughter? I couldn't.

"My Queen, how do you know that there will be an attack?" He questioned, his brow furrowing as he tested his boundaries with me.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I said shortly, turning to face him and suddenly softening. Sir John - I had knighted him myself just a few short years ago, and not long after he married and a child followed, a girl with auburn hair and dazzling green eyes with a spirit that reminded me of my own daughter at her age.

"Divide the men in two," I said gently, "Each half will take turns returning home, alright? Allow them to return home but make sure they know they are on call - they can be summoned at a moment's notice."

Sir John's face brightened, understandably so as he hadn't seen his family in weeks just as the others hadn't. My daughter was the most important thing in the world to me, and I knew I wasn't alone. Children are cherished in this kingdom, even when they're long grown. Everyone is someone's child.

Sir John turned to take his leave, but I stopped him by calling out, "Sir John?"

"Yes, Queen Celestine?" He asked, turning back to face me.

I watched him hesitantly, looking in to the green eyes his daughter inherited, and finally said, "Tell your daughter I say hello?"

His face broke in to a smile, and he laughed, "That might make her happier than me coming home, your highness."

I laughed with him, taking the brief moment of pure bliss to forget everything else in the worlds.
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am
Shadowlight says...

Sebastian:

Sebastian looked across the table at the troll queen, refusing to look at the platters of food spread temptingly before him. The Troll taunted him, jeered and giggled at his refusal to eat, offers all the dainty things on the table, but he refused. He didn't know if any of her food was tainted, if he ate it what sorts of magic and poison he'd be taking in as well.

His hunger pangs nearly drove him wild, he hadn't eaten in days, barely tasted water and sunlight. His mouth was watering but he kept his eyes locked on the troll before him, her false beauty unbearable to him now.

She rose from her seat and came towards him, he watched her warrily. She walked behind him and Sebastian felt the hair rise on the back of his neck, and he almost shuddered when she laid her hands on his broad soulders.

“Come now Sebastian.” she murmured breathily in his ear, “you need to keep your strength up, what would your mother say?”

“She wouldn't say anything. She'd be to busy trying to kill you.” He spoke softly- his deep voice reverberating in his chest, irra's fingers tightened on his shoulders ever so slightly.

“Now don't be like that, this is only a little visit. I thought you wanted to come to me.”

Sebastian looked back at her aghast,

“How could you think that?! You kidnapped me! Sent your little trolls to drag me away from my home b y force- this isn't a visit! I'm a captive” He stood quickly- eyes flashing, frost forming on the chair an table where he touched them- irra backed away.

“Now calm down.” Sebastian felt the cold flow through him, he knew his magic was flaring, then all of a sudden= it was gone. The collar around his neck burned with magic and he knew the Witch had called on it's powers to drain him. And his magic was the only think keeping Sebastian upright, he staggered, stumbled and crashed to the floor in a dead faint.

The Witch looked down at his still figure and laughed.

“Poor wretch, bring him to my bedchamber. It seems our snow prince needs more, creative measures to turn his heart from his home.”

Spoiler! :
Have fun with this Leah.

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 am
KingLucifer says...

Balthazar Adalinda - Autumn Castle - The Trollmother

I sit beside the weak Autumn Princess her face pale and sweating her shallow breaths were the only thing telling me she was alive without taking her pulse. She was sleeping now, given sleeping weed so she would be in a deep rest to allow her body to fight whatever it was that she was afflicted with. When my caper came in though the only door into the room.

"How is she?" she asked.

"Her condition has improved slightly since I've been here, the sleeping weed I've given her has placed her into a deep restful sleep." I whispered.

"Have you figured out what is wrong with her?" she asked in her concerned motherly tone.

"No natural illness has the symptoms she has, do you mind if we talk outside? I rather not wake her up," I asked.

I got up from my spot at the side of the princesses bed, and the Queen opened the door and we moved outside the door. "No natural illness?" she said with an edge of anger in her voice.

"No natural illness from this land, I've only seen two other cases with the symptoms she displays. Could please tell me who has been in this room besides me or you?" I asked.

She brought her hand up to her face trying to remember everyone, "a few guards, some doctors, Irra Trollmother-"

"Irra Trollmother?" I asked

She nodded, she must have been concerned, "yes, she said she had a remedy that took many doses to-"

"I've only ever seen two cases with the same symptoms your daughter has, first it was a family husband who was seeing Irra in private having an affair, then it was another lover who was also seeing Irra some years later. Irra has been involved in both cases, now she's involved with this case. There is Something strange about that woman," I said immediately.

"Are you saying, she might be poisoning my daughter?"

"She might be, she might not be, I just find it a strange coincidence she's involved in all three cases is all" I said.

She thought about it, considering the possibility that Irra might be poisoning the Princess slowly. She finally nodded her eyes closed she would do anything to get her daughter better and back on her feet.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to talk the Spring Queen down from attacking the castle so you won't have to fortify the castle from her soon coming attack." I said.

136 Reviews

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:20 am
Leahweird says...

Kei ~ The forest

Kei meandered slowly down the shadowed path, kicking up stones and tugging lose branches from some of the lower trees. He was in no hurry to get home. He food would likely be cold by now, and his mother incensed. She was sure to start another "discussion" about the amount of time a young man his age spent alone in the woods with unmarried girls. Or there would be no conversation. Only the solemn silence that ought to be filled by other voices.

His feet turned away from the straight road home. It was getting unbearable. His meeting with Greta was something to look forward to, but not much else. Sometimes he imagined just not stopping. Travelling on in a big circle until he finally found himself back at home filled with stories. But that would surely break his mothers heart, not to mention his friends, and he wasn't prepared to resort to that.

A flash aught the corner of his vision, interrupting his brooding. Was that just light? It was late in the evening for anything to be so distractingly bright, but too early for stars.

He peered up into the branches. Something was definitely twinkling up there. For a moment it reminded him of the sparking white of undisturbed snow. Then, just as he was peering at it so intently, the small speck dislodged from it's perch and fell.

Kei staggered back, hands flying to his face to protect himself but it was too late. The thing buried in his eye burned, blinding him. He certainly didn't see the troll bounding off underground to go alert its mistress.

136 Reviews

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 am
Leahweird says...

Irra ~ The Troll Queen's Bedchamber

Irra perched on her bed beside the still unconscious Sebastian. He was still chained, but otherwise it was easy to imagine what it would be like when he finally gave in.

They could be so wonderful together. He was handsome, of course, and royal enough to really deserve a seat beside her. The link he provided to the winter kingdom was also necessary for her future plans. And there was always less practical concerns. Sebastian wasn't likely to age and sicken. It wasn't any good to get attached to mortal creatures. She'd learned that.

Admiring the peace on his face while asleep, she reached out to brush his cheek. Unfortunately this finally disturbed him. The moment he opened his eye and saw her, he jerked back, pulling at the chains*

"What are you doing?!"

"Waiting for you to wake up," she answered, smiling.

He scowled. "You didn't have to bring me here for that."

"But we could have such fun here."

She reaches to run her fingers through his hair, but he shook her off, snarling. Irra sighed.

"I don't understand you. It's not as though you have a girl waiting. Why not enjoy my intentions? If anything you should be flattered." Clutching the collar around neck, she dragged him close so she could murmur in his ear. "Maybe I should give up and go pay your poor mother a visit."

She didn't have to see his face to gauge his reaction. His whole body tensed, waiting to see what she meant.

"What if I told her that you'd run away from her? That you are tired of how cold she is and want a better life?"

"She wouldn't believe you."

"Wouldn't she? " Irra pulled back, smirking now. "I can be very convincing."

She didn't get a chance to hear his response to that. A knock at the door distracted her, one of her trolls poking his head in the room.

"What did I say about being interrupted?" The queen demanded.

The troll flinched and grovelled but delivered it's message.

"The last shard. We've found it..."

"Oh!" Irra's mood brightened. "Well that's different"

Hopping off the bed, she turned to kiss Sebastian on the cheek one.

"I must go for now. This is important. But you have a good think, and I'll be back to continue our discussion later. I'll even let you stay here so you're nice and comfy."

With that, she eagerly swept out of the room to hear more about where that last bit of magic had ended up.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson