z

Young Writers Society

Algebra II (need help immediantly please)

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:30 am
Flower~Child says...

I am doing Graphing Quadratic Functions. My teacher showed me how to graph problems like, f(x)=x^(1/2) + 6x +1, but the homework I got only has one variable. Like f(x)= 2x^(1/2) How would you work this.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 am
Lava says...

So, does graphing these QE mean you have to plot a graph based on the function? If yes, then it's quite easy, really.

So, in your homework,
your variable is x. Unless there is another variable like y, z etc., x, x^2, x^anything all are classified as one variable. Because all x will take the same value when you apply it/

Let f(x) = y = 2x^(1/2)
for every value of x, find a value for y. That is, plug in x=0,1,2.... and get corresponding y values. Using that plot graph.

Eg:

1. f(0) = 2(0) = 0 =y0
2. f(1)= 2(1) = 2 =y1
3. f(2) = 2(2^1/2) = 2(1.414) = 2.828

You can continue with this and plot the graph.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:37 pm
Flower~Child says...

Thanks!
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos