z

Young Writers Society

Maybe someone will help me??

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 pm
Nameless_And_Shamed says...

Well, I really don't know what exposition is. I have to write about ants in my Creative Writing class in expository form. Does anyone know what that really means??

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:55 pm
emotion_less says...

I'm think that just means that you explain something [such as life of the ants, what they do, etc.] in a form of writing, such as an expository essay.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:14 am
Meshugenah says...

exposition- backround information provided by a writer to enhance a reader's understandingn of the context of a ficitonal or nonfictional story. denfintion from my english teacher.

actually, that doesn't help all that much, does it? well, maybe it does. you write the story using all backround information? no, that can't be right. excuse my confused state of mind; I just won a fight with my brother that involved koosh balls and hitting them around the hosue while mom yelled becuase she was on the phone. hmm.. expository form.. maybe a more passive voice? did you try googling the assignment for ideas?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:42 pm
View Likes
Kay Kay says...

I just got done doing exposition in my creative writing class. It is like for example, if you had to write about straight pens you would be like:

There are many different kinds of straight pens...and then like name them and talk about what their uses are. My assignment was on clocks and I did the different kinds of clocks. I hope I helped.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 am
View Likes
Bronco says...

root word of exposition is expose. So basically exposition is exposing all the details of something, or the types of something, or whatever. Like Kay Kay said, basically.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain