z

Young Writers Society

Model United Nations

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:27 am
View Likes
Skye says...

Hey! I'm going to be a virgin M.U.N.er this year, and I was wondering if there was anything more experienced people think I should know. Anything is welcome because I know virtually nothing. If your boyfriend's friend's cat's mother's hairdresser has something to tell me, it's still welcome! Okay, now I'm rambling, lol.

Our country is Tunisia. The committe I'm in charge of is U.N. Development and my topics are both Tsunami Relief and Poverty Reduction in the Balkans. If anyone has any unique perspectives on any of these, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a billion in advance!
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:06 pm
View Likes
sabradan says...

With Tunisia (or really, any Arab country, more or less) the answer to everything is always: It is America's/Israel's fault. That should probably about cover it, eh?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 pm
View Likes
forest_ofthe_nightingale says...

Dude, I'm doing Model UN too... but I'm sorry to say that I don't know what to do exactly either. Well, I guess good luck is always good! I hope you kick butt!
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake... unless it's to remind him that he won't fail... he just won't kill you.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:10 am
View Likes
Chanson says...

i just did MUN in The Hague in Holland - it was aseriously the most awesomest bestest thing i've ever done. My resolution was on the Indian Tsunami Relief and Prevention and I found the resolution really easy to write. People really like to see the locals being included and a sense of community being fostered etc. It's actually a really easy topic - I was at one of the biggest MUN conferences held in Europe (maybe the biggest?) and our crappy reso was one of the better ones (actually, lets not lie...it was the best) so don't be nervous - and don't let it being your first time get in the way, I know I didn't....just have fun, don't be afraid to speak up and make the most of lobbying day, be tehre from the very first minute and try and talk to as many people as possible becasue it's really the most important day.

xxxxxx
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren