Young Writers Society

Need opinions about chemical engineering

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:02 am
Snoink says...

...yeah. This is for class.

Anyway, I need a lot of opinions about chemical engineers. What are your preconceived notions about them? How about chemical engineering? Totally freaky or awesome?

And don't worry about hurting my feelings or anything. This is for class. The bigger the variety, the better. Just be honest. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 am
Reyu says...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_engineering

You're all vital to the survival of the human race. What would we do without you tinkers? Ever seen idiocracy? Probably that.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri May 15, 2009 6:38 pm
LowKey says...

You're all a bunch of evil environment-make-go-boom-ers.

That, and you do work with chemicals, which is pretty self explanatory. You're also all brilliant at math, live off coffee, wear white lab coats, and can go months without stepping outside while you play with your chemicals and their reactions and such else. And you're all responsible for making sure the human race doesn't destroy itself. Job well done on that so far.

Freaky? Cool? What's the difference? My answer is yes.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu May 28, 2009 1:36 am
Evi says...

...ridiculously genius? And since the only engineer (chemical or otherwise) I'm aware of is you, Snoink, the image of a girl with a model of a molecule up her nose comes to mind.

:shock:

Scarred for life, I tell you.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu May 28, 2009 2:07 am
Rosendorn says...

Well, after Jig's fanfic (which includes the line: "She [Snoink] did what with a pig?" Right after "The destruction of Iceland was a dark day in history") coupled with a show on Discovery titled "Pig Bomb"...

You can see where this is going, can't you? :P

And since I have done no real research on the subject, I shall have to leave it at that opinion: Chemical engineers blow things up in weird ways.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 am
View Likes
Twit says...

Makes me think of white coats and test tubes and vats of steaming chemicals in bright and unrealistic colours and the Joker. And the Creeper. And old movies with chemical-induced mutations as the plot, with Wilhelm screams and helpless heroines.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am
Meep(: says...

Uber smart, though I don't exactly know what it is you do XD

(Perhaps, a variation of mad scientists? ;))
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 am
niteowl says...

Chemical engineers make things using chemicals, right? Like that one lady who was messing around with polymers in the 60's and came up with Kevlar? And they make quite a bit of money. That's pretty much what I know. I think it's pretty awesome.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:19 am
asxz says...

I reckon anything to do with chemistry and playing around with chemicals is cool. But my friend is a chemo-phobiac! Although, even she wants to save the planet... so if it's a sustainability chemical engineer, then it gets the tick from both of us!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:06 pm
Lava says...

Hi Snoik! :D

Well, I'm currently doing biotech in an engineering college. My confusion for picking a course was basically between chemical and biotech (and a bit of civil too!) (My uncle happens to be a chem engineer) Anyway, thing is, I could help you out on anything. PM me if you have a ton of questions.

SO what exactly do you want to know? The general opinion about chem engineers or what the subject comprises of or job opportunites/research?

~Lava.
P.S. If you need specifics, I could ask my uncle and tell you.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns