z

Young Writers Society

Bleh...Math

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:27 am
Wolf says...

Gwen, if anyone here should feel stupid, it's me. I mean, I got 50% in Math!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 am
Gwenevire says...

(CALL ME VIVI!)
Its because you are actually doing grade 7 work. :cry:
I am stupid and you know it! I can't even spell...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:46 am
Snoink says...

No more stupid comments. Nobody's stupid here! And if you didn't understand what I wrote, that's fine. As long as Ayra understood it, I'm happy. :D

But really... math is not a US only sort of thing. I bet they cross multiply over there too. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Snoink wrote:No more stupid comments. Nobody's stupid here! And if you didn't understand what I wrote, that's fine. As long as Ayra understood it, I'm happy. :D

But really... math is not a US only sort of thing. I bet they cross multiply over there too. :D

Nobody? You sure about that? I got a dismal 43.5% average last year - if that ain't stupid, I don't know what is XD

Well, Heather said that we need it in Britain for A Level so that's me for the next two years.

Assuming I do better than my pathetic percentage in my mocks last year.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:37 pm
StellaThomas says...

Oh flip. I thought cross multiplying was just...oh wait...(goes back to beginning of topic...) hold on, I need to work something out.

2/8 =x/4

I thought you just mulitplied by the bottom numbers...

8/8=8x

x=1/8

Okay, so that was a horrible problem to try and solve. But don't worry, I don't get this either. My maths teacher did some of this at the end of a problem and everyone was like "Okay, we get it." and I was like"But how did you do that last bit?" so he did it again then says "Look guys, if you don't get simple algebra I think you belong in a lower set" then gives me this really dirty look! Which is weird because he's usually uber-nice...

By some miracle I came second in our Christmas exams. I am NOT looking forward to my mocks though...'cause you can bet, there will be...

TRIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness