HELP!

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:45 am
Gadi. says...

I got a 65% on my math test.

And I have a B.

My mom wants me to have an A.

When my parents will find out I got a 65%, they'll kill me.

Reasons:

A) My father offered me to do homework with me, but we stopped after a couple times.

B) This is the third test below 81%, this one's the worst.

C)I have school tutoring every Wednesday, but I kind of stopped going there because I finished all my homework in class.

D)This is highschool. Grade=final.

E) The average was C+.

How should I break it to them? I am scared--I've never been this scared to tell my parents something.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:50 am
aeroman says...

It's like ripping off a band-aid. You've just got to do it as quickly as possible. And then you and your parents need to figure out why you're not doing as well as you would like in math. If you're not understanding the concepts then you need to go to your teacher and ask for help.
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:52 am
piepiemann22 says...

Well, it's better you tell them as soon as possible. The longer you wait the worse it will get. As to telling them, try to work out a plan. Have your dad help you when ever you need it. If you finish the homework in class, let them go over it to double check. I've done this before, so take turns talking. Let your parents yell at you or what ever, then stay strong and come up with the plan. Go back to your tutoring class. You need to get that grade up. Ask the teacher too. Also, I'm a math whiz. Need some help and I'll do what I can. PM me.

Hope that helps. Any way good luck and stay strong.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 am
View Likes
jonny911 says...

I'd say just tell them when they are in a good mood, and make sure you sincerely explain to them why you got a 65%. Just be really nice and make sure you admit that it was your fault (no offense). And don't try to suck up, but do say you're sorry. I think your parents would be upset, but I think they'll like the fact that you're taking responsibility for your actions and let you of easy.

And anyways, B definitely isn't a bad grade. I think they'll understand that you did your best.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:43 am
Snoink says...

Ugh. This sucks. I know that, if I get something that low, my dad would consider throwing me out of the house.

Just hold your breath, be glad you aren't eighteen, and tell them the news. Sound disappointed or scared -- that should be easy to do because it's true. Then they won't be as likely to stay mad at you as long as they would otherwise be, hopefully.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 am
Cade says...

Oooh, it's annoying when parents get like that.

They need to understand that you're growing up, things are getting harder, and that a B is a perfectly fine grade. I have a lot of friends whose parents are crazy like this. A friend's parents tried to take her out of a class because she was getting a B in it and they didn't want it to show up on her transcript.

Tell them that you did your best...if your best is a B, that's just fine. Is it necessary that you tell your parents the test grade? My parents have no idea what goes on in my schooling. As long as I don't fail and I don't do drugs, I think they're pretty much fine with how I run my life. (And I have straight A's.)

But yeah, just tell them. If they get mad, keep your calm!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:53 am
Emerson says...

eeeh. Be honest? That's about all I can do when things happen. I usually end up crying and we fight and we get upset, but in the end, we get over it. But being honest about it, "I don't understand!" (Do you not understand...?) helps. Also, tell them/show them you are trying your hardest. I don't know your exact situation, but in classes where I'm not doing good (lets say, chemistry) even though I'm finishing all of my work, I am also doing what ever else I can to get help. Bother your teacher. Stay after. Hang out at lunch. Get things explained to you. Do extra work. It sucks, but you get the grade, and you learn how to get something done. Your parents will be more mad at you if you aren't getting an A and you aren't trying. If you're trying your best and getting a B, it won't be that big of a problem.

In the end, it's just a B and not an A. At least it isn't an F. I know for the longest time, I died when I had a B. I still kind of do, but I've learned to take it with a shrug, or I end up having panic attacks in the hallways because of stupid reasons. It's a B... so? figure out the good in it. You're still passing. You are doing better than everyone else. You can try harder next time, and work harder, and be proud that you worked harder--even if you still get a B. Also, at 14, I'm guessing you're either in 8th or 9th... Grades don't really matter in Jr. High. Don't let them tell you they do. XD 9th grade... yeah, they matter a bit more, but not THAT much. Just do what you need to do. Uhm. Yeah.

Sorry, this was a lot longer than I thought it would be.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato