z

Young Writers Society

question about publishing

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm
tragicHearts says...

I was wondering can I delete a story I published ?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:26 am
EloquentDragon says...

Eh... published where?

If you mean submitted to YWS, not really. Go to "edit work," select the whole text, and press "delete." You could type "This work has been deleted" there or something, and change the title to "deleted." This is how I've seen the most people do it. I'm sure you can contact a mod and have them do it but, well, they're usually pretty swamped according to my observations.
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

ED- The reasons mods don't delete work is because it has a high risk of breaking YWS. Review counts will get messed up if a literary work is deleted, which nobody wants. Also, I'm not actually sure the new system allows for the post itself to be deleted, which is a bit of a blessing considering the trouble it can cause otherwise.

That being said, if you want us to remove the text of the work for you, go ahead and ask! :D We'll also walk you through how to do it (although ED has so kindly done that), so you don't have to wait for us. There are only a handful of staff to monitor the entirety of YWS, after all, and we do have lives.

One thing you should know is removing the text does delete it. You retain complete control over the work, and once you remove the text, it's gone from the YWS serves. We couldn't get it back even if we tried.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Oh well, don't break YWS then. xD (I wasn't sure if mods could actually do that or not since I spurn authority. heh.)

Hope this helped Hearts
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 pm
tragicHearts says...

It did help and thank you both for answering my question.Though I'm still not seeing any options for deteing post on my blog.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Ah, blog post deleting. It's unfortunately a bug that for certain themes we can't delete entries. Yours is one such theme.

To fix this.

Click on the gear in the top line of tabs. This reveals a second line of tabs, one of which says "blogs". Click it. On that page, look for the drop down menu. Click it, and look for the "Coda Light" theme. Go to the bottom of the page and hit submit.

This changes the theme on your blog. Coda light has a delete button visible. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues