z

Young Writers Society

I have a question:

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:38 pm
euristatum says...

I have a question regarding series and the person they're being told in. I'm writing a trilogy and was wondering if you write the first book in first person of one character in past tense would it be acceptable to write the second book in first person of multiple characters in past tense.
Thank you in advance. :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I suggest you to post this question somewhere in the Writers Corner, as that is the forum your question is for.

But as far as the question goes, I don't think there's "acceptable" in those cases. You're the writer, and you can write as you choose ;)
However, keep in mind that multiple first-person POVs are hard - you really need to be good in making a difference between your characters' voices.

Good luck with that whatever you decide, and I hope to see some of it posted here ^^ what is the trilogy about?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:02 am
euristatum says...

The Trilogy is about...

Before people, before myths, before time itself there were the Beginnings. They are the basis for everything the mortal world knows. They created the sky and the ocean. They made the feelings you feel and the things you know. They have children with mortals giving their children powers like them but a humble mortal body and mind. These offspring are named Thirteens because their powers activate when they turn thirteen. One Beginning may never have one of these children because her Beginning husband forbids her. This forbade child was born a secret and now that he knows he wants to kill her. To protect her the other Beginnings blessed her with some of their powers and now she's stronger than anyone realizes. But there's always a catch. There's always something undesirable about something desirable. This child comes with conditions and curses. She's the Beginnings' Teenager and the Cursed Thirteen.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:42 pm
crossroads says...

Why, that certainly sounds interesting!

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention ~ Welcome to the family! I hope you have a great time here (I'm pretty sure you will)..

Feel free to message me about anything - I'd love to talk more about your series (and bug you a little with mine, mwahaha), and provide any kind of feedback you might need ^_^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm
View Likes
euristatum says...

Thank you and thank you. I would love to hear about your books! I haven't been able to react with other young writers and I would love to be able to exchange ideas with you. :D

Random avatar

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 am
toomanykids says...

yes everything is ok, see --> Writing Perspectives

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:50 pm
Nelly101 says...

I have a question too. Can people make groups? Or is it only certain people..?
Nelly aka. Neko

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 am
View Likes
Rook says...

@Nelly101
If you go to the little gear on the tabs near the top of your page, then from there click the tab that says clubs, on the left hand side there will be something that says "create a club" and that's where you can make your own!
And for any further Questions about YWS, this is a great thread to ask them in! Questions
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:07 am
Bugslake says...

I have a question. What's the difference between prologues and epilogues?

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 am
Cheetah says...

A prologue is a section in the beginning of the book giving information that wouldn't come naturally elsewhere. An epilogue comes at the end. :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:58 am
Bugslake says...

Thank you.

That smells like the inside of a tropical rainforest.
— Yoshikrab's friend