z

Young Writers Society

Country chart

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 am
queenofscience says...

Hi, I was wounding if anyone can make a very good, very detailed country chart.This can be useful in sci-fic and fantasy ( mostly sci-fic in my case) Please include things such as biomes/climate, history, location of country, politics,imports, exports, etd. BE VERY VERY DESCRIPTIVE as a LOT of questions like they do in rediculasly long character charts. Ask any questions that you could think of. Also, this is a good reference, I even looked on the internet and they did not have a chart...but they should.

Please go in detail about the resources etc

Sense it's sci-fic-ask questions that relate to radiation,mutant animals,plants etc. How did it get there? The result. Effect on people etc.

The one for fantasy world could be separate. Sorry, I don't write fantasy.

We writers really need a country chart templet.

See, I want this because I already made one ( not nearly as detailed) and my vision is very bad and i'm visualy impared, so, it's hard on my eyes. I just want to make it easer for me ( and you guys) Originaly when I was writing notes, I was not in the right state of mind etc. Now my information is not worded as easly. Writing about a contry and politics and such is not easy on the mind to keep tract of things. I'm going to re write my notes sense I have a clear picture of what I want. I just was not thinking straight.

Thanks!!:D:D
Last edited by queenofscience on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 am
Trident says...

Hi queenofscience,

I don't know if anyone wants to take the time to make a large chart, but I can give you a great resource for facts about any country, The CIA World Factbook:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... -factbook/
Perception is everything.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm
GeeLyria says...

Oooh. I like that, Trident!
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm
queenofscience says...

So, will you, please, please, PLEASE help?
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 pm
Vanz says...

I have this wicked compilation of stuff about country side's etc.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:10 am
Tenyo says...

Hey Queenie!

Just a quick suggestion, but have you ever thought about ignoring all of the charts and making it up as you go? If it's something you enjoy then by all means ignore what I'm saying =p But this seems to be something you've struggled with for a while.

There's nothing wrong with having a very simple world to set your novels in, it's the characters journey that counts and those journeys can be epic quests or metaphorical triumphs.

If you reeeaally want to cover a lot of detail, though, then this covers pretty much *everything.* The layout is fairly simple and narrow, so you can enlarge the screen and it will still be easy to read and follow.

http://www.sfwa.org/2009/08/fantasy-wor ... questions/
We were born to be amazing.

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor