z

Young Writers Society

Buy one!Get one FREE! or Buy one FREE one?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am
Aaradhia says...

I was debating with my dad about the phrase.We both could'nt find the best answer so I thought "Why not ask the brilliant people of YWS?"
One in a million,
My lucky strike.

-Maroon5-

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:10 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there!

I assume you mean "which one is correct?". I would definitely say "Buy one, get one free", whereas I've never heard of "Buy one free one". The latter would sort of suggest that the thing is free but you'd still have to buy it, which doesn't really make sense.

Hope this helped :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 pm
Aaradhia says...

Thanks for answer!I guess my dad wins the debate
One in a million,
My lucky strike.

-Maroon5-

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Hey, sorry if this is a bit late off course the debate between you and your dad :) But 'Buy one, get one FREE' is best. Although, if you're going to use it publicly, the pretty popular phrase is 'Buy one, take one!', something like that. It's a bit more exciting with that!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery