z

Young Writers Society

The Cute Meet

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm
View Likes
babymagic18 says...

So I am writing a romance novel with two generations. The first starts with a middle class woman who falls for a man that comes from a family of money and her mother disapproves. As the relationship moves forward she fears her mother may have been right in her thinking as his social class does not approve of her being with him but she truly loves him and is willing to go to any length to convince everyone that looks down on their being together that they are meant to be together. So my question how should I have the two future lovers come across each others paths?

The second generation is her daughter who discovers she's pregnant and her husband may or may not be cheating on her. Determined to keep her marriage she too will go to lengths to prove her husband is a loyal man.

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 am
View Likes
OrionX says...

Reminds of of the movie "maid in manhatan".

I don't know the plot of your story but they could meet in the hospital where the man turns out to be a doctor or a volunteer. Or they bump into each other. Perhaps the man ruins her dress with coffee? Their children meet? The school principal called both parents and they meet inside the principals office?

I'm full of ideas. Try to think of everyday situations where you might meet someone. The best would be something that's not too cliche, but still believable so it doesn't become a fairytale.

Hope this helps.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Ooh, prompts! I would gladly give a suggestion.

Well, since the two lovers differ in social class, how about make a subplot in which one of the characters has a need to mingle with people of the opposing class. For example, the guy might want something from the place of the lower class, so he went to the town where the lower class girl takes in residence. There, a lot of things can happen; accidents, bumping up and a lot more.

You can start to play there :D

Hope I helped! :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec