z

Young Writers Society

Online Publication; need help!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 pm
LoudMouth says...

Hello everyone! This is my first post on here, so bear with me if I make some sort of posting-in-forum faux pas. Essentially, I've created an account on here because I designed an online student publication http://www.loudmouth.org.uk with a few friends from school. Needless to say, within a few weeks, my co-editors decided it wasn't for them, and now I'm left with a site that I've put a great deal of work into, and would like to maintain, but no help. I've managed to recruit some fantastic writers, but I haven't been able to support them as I should because of my inability to handle the workload single-handedly. Does anyone have any ideas about how I could find some student writers who'd be willing to take on editorial positions? I should also mention that I'm leaving for university in October, and I want to come up with some sort of solution that will be practical for when I leave home too.

Please help!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 am
Rydia says...

One of the best ways to gain willing volunteers is by making friends. Join writing groups, both online and off (look in newspapers or at the local library) and make friends with your fellow writers. It's far easier to convince a friend to help you with a project than a stranger.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 4
Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 pm
Aurrora says...

It's a great site, LoudMouth, good luck with it!
Maybe search out kids you know like to write, or to read, and offer them a position. Put an ad on the library bulletin board. Or, like Rydia said, make friends and collaborate. See if the writers you already have are interested in doing a little editing . I've never known a writer who couldn't edit well, simply because they had to edit their own work. If you don't mind working with people who live far away from you, you could even look here or on other writing websites. I'm sure we'd be happy to help :)

I hope this was some help!
Hi :)

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening