z

Young Writers Society

Ambulances and Police Procedure

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

I come up with the most random questions, I know.

Today's?

Anybody have any clues about what would happen if a trio of teenagers found a man in a pit being mauled by dogs, managed to subdue said dogs, one gets bitten, and the guy that was previously in the pit has no ID on him?

Otherwise, a call to 911 was made.

(If you want to know more, checking out the second chapter of Haze may be beneficial but it is unneeded.)
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm
View Likes
McMourning says...

The police would respond, of course. They would question the boys to make sure that the boys weren't involved in part of the foul play. The boys may be questioned again later depending on the situation.

An ambulance would take the man (dead or alive) to a hospital. Depending on the severity of the wound, the boy might go too.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Thank you! I pretty much guessed all that, I just wanted someone else's opinion because I'm paranoid of making people, like people who save lives and stuff, look horrible. :x Because I'm paranoid.

Anyway, thanks again. :D
My SPD senses are tingling.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:24 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

The emergency services do a tough job, and their prime aim is the safety of the people involved. If that sometimes means coming across with a harsh persona, that is one of the tough decisions they have to make - for the better.

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell