z

Young Writers Society

Firendship

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:23 am
banhammer says...

I'm trying to build something, and I'm gonna need to do research work on difrent tipes of, well, friendship.
Notorious works about friendships, between two equals
Your personal views are mighty apreciated aswell.

(if this is better suited for "book reviews" could you please moove the thread?)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 am
Rosendorn says...

I have different equals in different fields of my life:

School/intellect: This one is the hardest, since I'm homeschooled, but when I managed to find people to share stuff on school with we usually end up talking very in-depth about a subject, and we're usually pretty open to explaining confusing topics to our equal in intellect because we're not afraid of sounding supper geeky, since the person we are talking to is usually a geek.

Sports: When I played squash, there were a few people who I paired up with really well. These friendships pushed me to do a bit better, but I never really became friends with them. We would play sports and that's it. To be considered a true friend in my opinion, I need to resonate at some intellectual level.

General: General friends are people I talk broad ranges of subjects with, from the superficial to the deep. Deep can be a bit hesitant, since I'm not sure how they'll take it, but it usually ends up going well. General friends I usually make during group activities.

Personal opinion: Friends, to me, are people who don't mind it when I go on a tangent, who are able to follow my train of thought and who are willing to give me space when I need it. They don't get upset if I disagree with them. They shower me with compliments when I'm having a really bad day, remind me of what I'm good at, and I do the same for them. We tease each other, have funny nicknames for each other, and, space. That's really important. They let me be alone when I want to be, and don't get upset.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Literature on friendship? :wink:

You could try De Amicitia (translation: about friendship) by an ancient other called Marcus Tullius Cicero (commenly called Cicero). I read it in the original Latin, but I am sure that you will be able to find it in English.

Hope this helps,
~~~Sakura~~~~
:D
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee