z

Young Writers Society

Clothes

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:10 am
MeadowLark says...

Okay, let's just go straight to the point:

I have these people in my story and they're a lot like the Romany Folk or in other words Gypsies. The people who travelled England in the bright caravans and had those gorgeous horses in the late(?) 1800's and such. The same.

But what on our dear Earth did they wear? I can't seem to find any appropriate pictures. And believe you me. I've searched. Maybe not hard enough...But it's mainly the mens clothing that I'm having difficulties with.

So, what I'm basically asking is: What did they wear and could you find a picture or something to help me along?

Thank-you in advance :)

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:26 am
TexanWriter says...

This site tells you a tiny bit about what they wore.

The tricky part is that you're looking for the 1800's, when most pictures are of the 1900's or sooner.

I may find a picture later, but for now, all I have is this. Will edit this post if I find a picture or more information!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:36 am
MeadowLark says...

Thank-you so much! I'll take a look at it now.

I know it's rather difficult to find pictures or anything but I just needed a little guidance.

Thanks again!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Random avatar

Reviews: 22
Sat May 30, 2009 11:16 pm
marinedancer says...

sorry can't help you that much. Try watching some old films of those times. Also try to narrow down on the location of where the people are. Then look up clothing of that area.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.