z

Young Writers Society

Ok guys, I need your help.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 pm
anti-pop says...

To the male users on this site, I need your help. (I'm a girl, so I thought this question might be different for guys):

How do you refer to women? Or females, in general?
Do you ever use slang like "chick" or something along those lines?

Thank you guys, for your help!

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:34 am
Bloo says...

depends on where, when, and who.

Sometimes by their name, girl, chick, hottie, cutie etc. You know every single word to describe them i have used basically, but it depends like i said, where, when and who i am referring to.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:33 am
J_Fang says...

Hope this will help.

Breaking it down...

1a: Pick a physical feature your guy really likes about your girl or that stands out. Make it derogatory and that's what he and his best friends will call her.
Example: Tank A**

1b: On the other hand it can be a feature he dislikes used generally in a derogatory manner.
Example: Chicken Butt

2: Her point of origin and/or ancestry.
Ex.
I called a chick I liked, "The Grady Girl".
She was Irish that's it.

Twilight also had an example, "Hey, Arizona."

3: Her general af-ect (phonetics!). That's the term for, the mood you display to people.
There's a whole psychology thing behind it, but I'll spare you...
If she's happy and smiles,
Smiley Girl.

4: Personality: I.E.. "The Ditz" or "The Worm (book worm)"

5: How they met, where he first sees her or her occupation.
Ex. Business Lady
Ex.a. Hot Dog Stand Hottie
ex.b. Danger Dogs
Ex. Fountain Girl
Ex. Club Chick

6: Her manner of dress:
Ex. Skirts
Ex. T-shirt (generally they have an awesome shirt)
Ex. Glasses

7: If, as a guy, you're friends with chicka, then it comes down to situation. You interchange general terminology like girl, chick, babe, sweets, toots (yes it's still in use), etc. Etc.
Referring to her as a part of her anatomy be it a sexual part or not, can and does happen, although generally while teasing or joking.

The one term no one uses in reference to any female is the big C-word (most of you know what I mean, and those who don't be glad).
Even as off-color as our comments get and sometimes just odd its the one forbidden word.
Even while angry and are referring to another woman...(sometimes you learn things the hard way)

All this makes it seem like guys are horrible 99% of the time, but even though it seems like we're objectifying or just down right insulting women--we aren't--99% of the time.

Note: Guys (at least the guys I know) call each other by stupid names as well.

For instance: My best friend and I refer to each other as, B*tc*es, Squiggy, Pickles, Doofey, and more...
And there is also a guy he can't remember except when I say "cool boots".

In short: We address every woman the same way we do anyone else. Whatever strikes us about them/the moment or makes us remember her.
Which inevitably rubs off on our friends.

And when talking to a girl that we at least don't want to upset, its generally her name, unless we're friends...

::Disclaimer:: These are solely the experiences of my friends and I over time from about mid high school through college and until now. I can't vouch for any other guys.

Sorry if I over answered, bored, and my mobile is working today...

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince