z

Young Writers Society

Vampires

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 pm
Alice says...

Vampires, no not the blood sucking fictional ones, but teenage ones. Teenagers who convince themselves that they are all powerful vampires, they get into drugs, sex, and some trouble making. I've done a lot of research on it myself already, but I was just wondering if there was something I was missing.

I'm telling the story from the first person of this 15 year old girl who just moved to this town and gets involved in all of this. I've looked up information on mental disorders that could be affiliated with it, and drugs.

So what I need here are opinions and things from teenagers (not all those stuffy therapists locked up in their offices reading books about it) I want your opinions and little stories about it. It would really help me out a lot.

Thank you,
Alice Johnson
I just lost the game.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 am
Carlito says...

The book Violets are Blue by James Patterson deals with a lot of this and that's the first time I've ever even heard of it. The impression I got from it was that it was pretty odd and creepy. In his book at least, (I'm not sure how much research he does) there are actual shops where you can get vampire teeth over your own teeth and these people seriously believe they are vampires. One line that just kind of haunted the MC throughout the later half of the book was when one of these 'vampires' bit him and said "You're one of us now".
Hope I was a little bit helpful :D

Good luck with the story, it sounds like a really good plot!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew