z

Young Writers Society

Question to anyone who lives in southern California

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 am
Carlito says...

I'm from Iowa and in one of the stories I'm trying to write, all of the main characters live in Long Beach, California.
I know how people always say 'write what you know', well you know what, Iowa is boring :)

What I really want to know is what high school is like in southern California. I'm gonna assume most are the same.
What kinds of activities do you have at your school? Sports? Music? Theater? What is really big at your school? What are popular things people say? That kind of thing.

The only real experience I have of this is from the OC which I'm gonna assume isn't too reliable :)

I don't care if your public or private, any info works for me.
Thanks much! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 am
Snoink says...

Uh... speaking as a norcal person, there is probably a lot more gangs in California than Iowa. It's rather ridiculous. However, if Long Beach is a good neighborhood, there might not be so many gangs.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare