z

Young Writers Society

Anorexia

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I have a protagonist for my YA novel who is a recovering anorexic. She fell in with a crowd of "popular" queen-bee kind of girls her freshman year and spent the next two years trying to be good enough. As a result she became severely anorexic and has now been in therapy for several months. While she is slowly gaining weight, she is still very thin, very self-conscious, and has a difficult time being with people. She's very withdrawn now, and has a hard time getting out of her shell.

That said, I don't know a lot about the recovery process for anorexia. If anyone has dealt with this disorder, I would really appreciate hearing your story. I know it's a touchy subject, so if you'd feel more comfortable PMing me, I understand. Anything is helpful. Thanks!
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 am
Threnody says...

Is it too late to help? If not here's some info;
What you do is gradually eat more and more and then when you're at about normal you stay there.
Pretty simple? Not really. It's hard when you've gotten into the habit.

I am not anorexic or recovering but my friend was and she was saved just in time.

Hope this helped!
Xx Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain