Thrown off a horse

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:07 am
Snoink says...

It's not completely lame... just one leg that doesn't really work right. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:59 pm
niccy_v says...

You could easily dislocate your shoulder, in my opinion. My friend has, she wasn't sidesaddle, she was just sitting crosslegged on the horse (strange) and it baulked. She fell forward, hit her shoulder on the ground, got it dislocated.

How fast is the horse moving? From a standstill, if just bucked off or reared off or something, only scrapes and cuts. If horse is galloping, then the poor girl would be hospitalised regardless of landing on cotton or brick. If going faster than trot
- dislocated shoulder
- sprained wrist
- could have teeth knocked
- stains, scrapes, cuts
- bruises
- possibly deep cuts along the arm she landed on
- could fracture a rib if body hits ground hard enough
- be thoroughly bruised.

Horses are great until you fall off them. They ruin you for life haha. But any horse fall is pretty serious, as long as going trot/faster
Writing gives my life purpose

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's from standstill. She'll get thrown backwards and twist to land on her shoulder. I think. Things might change.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 am
niccy_v says...

Oh that explains a lot.

Dislocated shoulder, would be the worst. Scrapes, cuts, that sort of thing.
Writing gives my life purpose

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 am
luverly says...

It depends on how hard the horse threw her; if she sort of slid off or the horse got spooked a bit and she lost balance or if it bucked she fell off. But yeah, there is a "right way" to fall off a horse and most decent riders who either lose balance or slide off are only a little scraped and sore, with no peremenant damage. If she was bucked off though, it's more likely she would be seriously injured.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom