z

Young Writers Society

Question for the Girls Here

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 am
Bleeding Rose says...

The first thing I notice is height then width...I know weird, but me personally don't sate phat people or shorties. The next thing is the way he acts and how he acts around other females. I like sweeties but ones that will set you straight when you need to be. The basics for me.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:51 am
Juniper says...

Personally, what I notice first (much like any other person!) is the eyes. You can tell so much about a person by how they look at you.

Of course no girl would go for someone she deems unattractive, so of course looks come next. For me, it honestly is all about personality.

They have to have a nice personality-- shyness is okay, but they can't be overly shy where I can't talk to them at all. That's a giant no-no. And a sense on humor comes in handy to; I like people who can make me laugh without much effort and don't take everything that is said and done too personal. If someone is overly aggressive, overly serious and takes an interest in morbid things, then it's another no-no.

And, the same interests are a giant factor. That being said, I don't want someone who is a parallel version of me, and does exactly what I do; Someone who is like me in a lot of ways, but also has some differences is perfect. Lazy people are never interesting to me-- they have to have some interest in some active part of life.

As for physical appearance, the first thing I notice is height. There is absolutely no way I would ever date someone who is shorter than me or the same height-- they have to be at least a few inches taller. I don't want a twig, haha, but someone who is overly fat, to say the least, isn't exactly what I would look for.

Edit: How they present them selves is totally necessary too! If someone is careless about how they approach other people, then it's a no.
Last edited by Juniper on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:52 am
Ducati says...

Well the first thing I notice is their physical appearance. What they are wearing, how they are standing, how they chose to present themselves to the world. Then their face. I know girls say they like taller guys, but too tall and you won't see their face...so yeah. But when they are talking to me, I always listen to what thye say and how they say it. Physical appearance I can judge in a few seconds, but character takes a little longer. Honestly I could never love someone I didn't like, if you get what I mean. So, in your story, I suggest you say a little about the way the guy looks first off, but more about what he is saying, and what the girl thinks he is thinking. Girls tend to think about what guys are thinking, something guys don't usually do. Feelings develop as they get to know each other, physical attraction is just one small piece of the pie. Hope I helped!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:01 pm
cassie17 says...

For physical appearance, it goes in order of this
1. Smile. I always take note of how white the teeth are, braces or no braces (not that it really matters, I always just check) and how authentic the smile looks
2. Body...okay, yeah. They need to have a good body
3. Hair and eyes comes next. And if the hair is too long to see the eyes I notice that too
4. Facial hair or earrings. Typical turn off for me. If they do have on of these traits, it is actually the first thing I notice

Personality:
1. If they are funny, I take note of that right away
2. How smart they are (important to me)
3. If they look me in the eyes or not when they talk to me

Hope this helps!

--Cassie
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

I am hopelessly addicted to Disney music from the classic animated films.

"In a world of my own, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds."

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 pm
Nutty says...

I notice hieght, eyes, then width of the shoulders.
Don't ask me why, I just do. Maybe I have a shoulder fetish XD

Also, I dunno why, but everyone I've gone out with has been taller then me with brown hair and blue/grey eyes. But that's just coincidence XD
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:08 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Smile first. Then definitely personality - I like a sense of humor and friendliness. And a huge turn on for me is if a guy likes kids. Maybe that's lame and old-maidish of me but when a guy can get down on his knees and give toddlers piggy-back rides - that is by far the coolest thing ever.

And actually, I agree with Samuel Garrison. Nicely-toned calves are hot. :)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 pm
niccy_v says...

Height. I really do not like shorties XD because i'm short myself. I want a tall man i can look UP to, not DOWN to. LOL

ooh gorgeousness level too. Male speak: curve of face, how much ears stick out, pointyness of nose, colour of eyes, roundness/fullness of lips, high cheekbones, dimples (L) etc

Cleanliness of skin. I cannot stand acne. I kind of have it myself but only because i neglect my face. I could never possibly like (and never have liked) somebody who neglects their skin!

Muscle mass. Doesn't matter in long run but if a guy has muscles, boy is on my radar lol. Means he's more often than not, strongggg.

Smileyness. If a guy is scowling, i don't like him. Simple as that.
If he's smiling at me, even if he's across the hallway or on a beach or something, god, that's a great first impression.
Writing gives my life purpose

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 pm
Francis Michael Buck says...

Nice, thanks for all the replies! They're really helpful. It seems height and eyes are usually pretty high on the list.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:13 pm
MidnightVampire says...

Somehow, everone managed to miss the hugable factor (all the guys I like have to look hugable)...I know...odd.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm
vox nihili says...

For me, it's if he speaks the same 'language' as I do. Like, what he seems to be interested in. If stands around talking wrestling, I probably wouldn't be interested in him. But if he was into the same sort of thing I am, which would be writing and reading, we'd get along just fine. I'm not much on the appearance thing... I tend to be attracted to guys who are 'outsiders' or something...like the ones who stand talking to one best friend, outside of the crowd...I'm an 'outsider' too. So maybe that's what makes me click with guys like that... I don't know. But then if there's a guy, I tend to notice his eyes and his face.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:41 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Omg (sorry for chat speak) this is the most hilarious thread on the planet!!

Not like a care about the opposite gender, but I love guys that are caring and friendly and nice above everything. I couldn't care less about a guy who was hot though had some super ego...

So, you need a description for their first meet (I'm reallly reallly late), I would go with she notices his smile and how he acts. And his similarities to her (like vox said) and how he complements her (has skills in a subject area that she does not). THEN, go for how cute he is.

I agree with lyrical_sunshine...I'm a sucker for a guy who likes little kids : - )

Hope I helped!

Oh yeah physically, 1 being what I most pay attention to:
1. Smile
2. Eyes
3. Laugh
4. Body etc.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:56 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Accent!!!!!!!
"Hello, is this thing on?"

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 pm
Alice says...

their hair,
I dont' really have a prefrence but the first thing I notice on a guy is what their hair looks like

then just in general their face, then I get into specifics-if I let myself last that long, I usually have to stop staring before I get passed the mouth.
I just lost the game.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:31 pm
tori1234 says...

For me, it's his hair color. I love guys with black hair!!!!
Next it's the eyes. I love me some blue eyed guys!
Next is a sense a humor (a CLEAN one)
and last if he is a Christian
I have to have the same religion as my bf!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm
Moriah Leila says...

I have to agree with a lot of what has already been posted, like height is important because us girls like guys to be pyhsically larger than us that way when they hold us it makes us feel protected and small in a feminine way. Also I am attracted to their eyes and smile. If they have kind eyes and smile a lot it makes guys seem more approachable. As for actually approaching the opposite sex it helps if the guy makes a lot of eye contact with me. It is kind of like a secret cue that he wants to talk to me. It is also easier for girls to approach guys if there is a group of them. You know strength in numbers. That way if the guy does reject you you have your girls to catch you or punch him in the face. Lol, but it always does help when the guy makes the first move and initiates conversation. Oh and something else that I think is very important is chivalry. You know like holding doors open including car doors, giving a girl your coat if she is cold, holding her hand if she is walking on a slippery surface (especially if she is wearing high heels). Not to ramble but humor is a big one too, a guy that can make a girl laugh is very important because no one likes to be around someone who is pessimistic.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous