z

Young Writers Society

Question for the Girls Here

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:17 pm
View Likes
Francis Michael Buck says...

So, I'm writing a story with multiple character perspectives, one of which happens to be a female. This female also happens to fall in love with one of the other characters, so you see their relationship from both sides.

My question is, for a girl, what are the things you usually first notice about guys that attract you to them? I'm having trouble coming up with their first meeting (on the girl's side of the story atleast), and I want it to sound authentic. Being male myself, it makes it kinda hard, and I feel like it sounds too much like how a guy would look at a girl (only it's a dude, so it's already weird for me to write).

Please don't be shy! I want all the details. Even the weird ones (if there are weird ones...I sure know there are for guys).
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hight first, then eye colour. I notice the eyes on a guy first. Then it's how calm they look, and how much they have fun with other people. I usually watch people for a while before I say hi.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm
Fishr says...

:wink: [deleted]
Last edited by Fishr on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

i usually notice how the guy acts toward other people.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:58 pm
30MarsBars says...

I'm always drawn to the eyes before anything else. I don't really know why; maybe it's because you can sometimes get a sense of the kind of person they are from the eyes. Eyes are the most important physical feature for me. Once I start talking to a guy, the thing that will attract me most is his sense of humour, and how easy he is to have a laugh with.
I close my eyes to see a sight ahead,
An everlasting dream,
That makes me wake to find myself
In my own eternity...

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:33 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hahaha, great question.

For me, it's generally three things. Height, firstly -- no girl wants to feel taller than a guy she likes. That just makes it awkward between both. Then is the guy's hair. Both of these are probably more instinctual, because generally a taller guy is stronger and hair is a good indicator of health and personal hygiene. (Especially if the guy's hair is nice and long. I have yet to talk to a girl who doesn't think that's handsome if the hair's taken care of well.)
Lastly is how the guy dresses, but that's probably my own little quirk. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they dress -- that's probably more psychological, though.

Also something highly attractive to me is a good sense of humor and a somewhat more intellectual kind of dude. But the preference of level intelligence is usually pretty specialized. :P
ohmeohmy

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:38 pm
KailaMarie says...

I probably notice the face first. Then (unless someone has a particularly unique feature as in like 7 feet tall or something) how they dress. It has to do with how they present themselves, and sort of how they act, most of the time. Then I guess it depends on the person. If they have amazing hair/eyes/arms etc.

Hope I helped!
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

My brain decided to answer this question slowly.

How much a guy smiles will really effect how much I want to say hi. The more he does and the more relaxed he is around people, the more confidant I feel in saying hi. Looks does have something to do with it (I answered that one already), but even if I only consider a guy sort of cute, if he's nice, funny and relaxed around people I'll be more attracted to him then if he's a total heartthrob and has a superiority complex.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

362 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:54 pm
Fishr says...

I knew I was the black sheep. 8) Oh, yeah!

Perhaps it has to do with age now. :x

Oh, well. :P
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm
Rydia says...

Physically I look at height, hair, eyes, general body. But generally, I'm also quite an accent person. I love an exotic accent and I love the way a person talks. If he talks in a fluent, poetic or well versed way, he's got my attention for the night. Or if he talks with a smile and a laugh he passes even more quickly because I love a good sense of humor.

Personality wise, I'm a sucker for sweet, flirtatious, confident, romantic guys. I like a guy who's comfortable with who he is and not afraid to make the first move. And I love a guy who offers to clean your glass or carry your bag and always with a smile or an easy joke. As cliche as it is, my favorite quote from the guy I currently like is, "Don't you worry, Prince Charming will do that for you." XD

Dress style is quite another though. If a guy dresses nice, that's always quite a big eye catcher. I have to admit, I've found myself crushing on guys just because they're wearing really nice clothes. But then, there's the other extreme too... a guy with an open shirt or bare chested can look very sexy.

And colour wise I have a thing about dark hair and unusual eyes.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm
Snoink says...

Um... well, of course there's the smile. And then I have to actually have something to say to the guys, otherwise it's not worth bothering. But the hands are really awesome too. They can't be too long, but they can't be too short. Short looks weird. I went out with a guy with short and stubby fingers, and it was strange holding hands. Long is better, but then those hands look spindly and not quite right. And they have to move right too. They can't just flail around or twitch uncontrollably and guys that just move their hands around spastically are out. They have to move their hands only when they need to or, if they just want to move their hands for the pure joy of it, it has to be in a particular way so as to accentuate the broad shoulders of the guy. Hey--it happens. And shoulder blades are awesome.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pm
KailaMarie says...

Yeah, and a guy should be confident but not smug. And I'm personally a sucker for funny and sweet.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

362 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 pm
Fishr says...

This thread is amusing me.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

I'm a sucker for boys who dye their hair.

What I notice....

1. Height. I don't like to date boys shorter than me, but if they're like six foot-plus, noo.
2. Hair. I am obsessed with boys' hair. I like it when they have longer than average hair and dyed is cool, too.
3. Clothes. Looking at a boys' clothes tells you how he views himself and a little about his personality.
4. Voice. I like boys with deep voices, and for some reason, my boyfriends always end up being mumblers...
5. Personality. I like boys who are funny and obnoxious. Weird, huh?

And like Snoink says, shoulder blades are really awesome. I'm on swim team and when a muscular boys does breast stroke-wow!

This is the funniest thread every :)
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm
OverEasy says...

I have an eye addiction. After that it is all relative.

Also wit. I want a guy that I can argue with.
Life is for living.

I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear