z

Young Writers Society

Some questions about Dinosaurs and Oil

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm
Manny says...

Hypothetically speaking, if there were more dead dinosaurs in the past would there be more oil today? Are dinosaurs a leading source of oil? I know they're related to "fossil fuels", but do they contribute a lot to oil?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 am
Medusa says...

the carbon content of one tyrannosaur is equivalent to that in about 460 gallons of gasoline
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:44 am
Manny says...

So if people were to go back in time, steal some dinosaurs, make some kind of habitat on Mars, let them breed for a few decades, then killed them, sent them all back to when all the other dinosaurs died out, repeated this a million times, and then went back to present day there would be no Oil Crisis. Thanks Medusa!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm
Francis Michael Buck says...

Is this serious? Because I actually laughed out loud.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm
Manny says...

The question was serious, the topic/me not so much. xD

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 am
scotty.knows says...

That's an awesome idea. I like the idea. The only problem is=

For animals to be turned into oil, they have to be left under massive ammounts of pressure for a few thousand years. For example: Evolutionists tend to agree that it takes millions of years for oil to form.

ID people (That's Intelligent Design) Tend to agree it's more like a few thousand years, which lines us nicely for Christian ID-ers who believe in Noah's flood.

So the choice is up to you. Go with the few thou' view of the people who believe in a God, or go with the popular trend in science and have them do it over millions of years.

Also, you might want to know that both evolutionists and ID-ers agree that most oil comes from marine organisms, not land animals.

And if you want any info on time travel, I contain a wealth of information regarding Einstein's Space-time theory about time and the possibility of fluctuating event horizons.
'Merikuh!

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare