z

Young Writers Society

A question!

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm
Sachiko says...

Hello, everyone! I went back and forth trying to decide if this should go in research, or the NaNoWriMo thread, so if a mod deems it should be in the latter forum, they can feel free to move it! ^_^

Okay! So, question time, and I want you to answer as truthfully as you possible can:

In your opinion, what makes us human?
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Prokaryote says...

Your DNA. Duh. O_o

Prokaryote

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 pm
JabberHut says...

In your opinion, what makes us human?

Well, what makes one inhuman? :P

Humans are known for their mistakes. We always do something wrong, whether it be dropping a pencil or running over a squirrel or blowing up Mars, we make mistakes. Humans do something wrong, despite how hard they try to be perfect *cough* perfectionists *cough*. Think of it as this: Humans do something wrong with whatever they do. Right now, as I am typing, I'm doing something wrong. What could it be? I'm just sitting here, typing up an answer off the top of my head--ah, off the top of my head. Maybe that's it. I'm not editing this to make it better. You know the saying? Well, it's my saying anyway. You can always make things better because we're human! There's always something to improve.

Which kinda ranted into another point. We may do our best writing stories, playing piano, throwing a football; but there's someway we can improve. There's always someone in the world that's better than you, right? Tying it back to the previous paragraph, we make mistakes without thinking we do. We think we've done it perfectly when, in reality, we can always make it better.

Hmm... That kinda makes no sense at all. I'll sum it up at the end. Anyway!

Humans are also known to be selfish. You've probably read fantasies where the elves are perfect compared to humans. They say humans are selfish and arrogant (Bah! Elves are too, fools.), and we really are. We're selfish! What do you want to eat? Something you like. What do you like to read? Something you like. What kind of dragon would you like to ride? One that you like. We're selfish! As an example, look at Shrek and Fiona. Shrek doesn't want to rescue the stupid princess, but he does want the people out of his swamp. He's going to save a chick because he wants his swamp back. Selfish, nay?

As a last point, we humans have emotions. Maybe aliens have emotions, but... like robots? They don't have emotions. Humans can feel happy, sad, angry, frustrated, proud, etc. Our emotions can affect whatever we do! Take homework for instance. If you feel like poo, you're not going to do it (unless you're just that amazing), but if you feel good and confident that you can do this, you're going to do it.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. >< If I think of anything else, I'll post here again. Otherwise, a sum-up:

[s]Humans are imperfect.[/s]

What makes us human?

- Mistakes/need for improvement.
- Selfishness/arrogance.
- Emotions

So. Yeah. Hope I helped some! ^^;

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:13 am
Meshugenah says...

What makes us human? I answer your question with a question!

Well, ask yourself this -- what qualities do we impose on other animal/objects to make them human?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:53 am
Rydia says...

The need for faith, whether it be in God or people and the desire to question everything and to answer those questions.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:41 am
Manny says...

What makes us human? We're human because that's what we are, just like cats are cats. Seriously, though, I think it's reflection that makes us different. We can contemplate what we've done and what we will do.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:32 am
Medusa says...

The ability to have spirituality is what seperates us from animals. Animals can feels a wide range of emotions, like guilt and love. But there is no creature as spiritualistic as the human.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:26 am
Lord Anzius says...

The fact that you are a homo sapiens
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore