z

Young Writers Society

Small American Town

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:05 pm
niccy_v says...

I have begun to write a story about vampires.
My vampire glows in sunlight.
So he stays inside around humankind.

Now i considered this and i found i had limited options as to the setting of my story. I was originally going to base it in my hometown in Western Australia but Australia is much too HOT and SUNNY and the small, cold, cloudy, wet towns don't have enough overcast days to satisfy my aims of this story.

My question:
- Is there a small (<500 population) American town that is VERY overcast? As in cloudy at least 75% of the year, or close?
My story is based on a vampire who can't go out into the sunlight, but i would love it if the town had fairly hot summers (he's ice cold, and I'd like him to act as an air con (to develop intimacy between 2 MC's) for his human love.) and since i have already gotten half way through my story, having a hot summer is pretty much a must for this town. Setting is not a major component of my story - i just need the name for now.

I have Raymond as one
And towns in Washington State, though i haven't had time to

If there is one you know of, i would love to know the approx number of overcast days in a school year (September to June)

The rest i will easily be able to research myself. Mainly i am looking for a small American town population under 500 with a heap of overcast days in a school year.

Thankyou so much
Last edited by niccy_v on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing gives my life purpose

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 pm
Night Mistress says...

the first one sound the best to me, but it's your story.

the other two don't sound like they have happy ending and i'm a sucker for happy ending.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss