z

Young Writers Society

Historical traitors/double agents

Reviews: 2
Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 pm
Minerva Scriptor says...

So for this has proven tricky for me, but maybe somebody else will have some ideas.
I need information about historical traitors, preferably some from ancient history, who are not too well known.
The hard part is that I need not a simple traitor, but someone who sort of went from one side to the other, with no real allegiance to anyone. Any Ideas?
Any tiny piece of information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I never tell anybody exactly how clever I am.
They would be too scared. ~Artemis Fowl

Accept the Truth.
If you don’t like it, Change it.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:55 pm
Fishr says...

By ancient history, what century did you have in mind?

Benidict Arnold instantly came to mind though but that's in the 1700s...
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 am
Minerva Scriptor says...

Hmm... I don't think Benedict Arnold will work.

I don't necessarily need somebody from ancient history, but will probably be easier that way. With ancient history I'm think about 5000-1000 B.C.

Accept the Truth.

362 Reviews

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:55 am
Fishr says...

That era you speak of is out of my general sphear. XD I'm not sure if the Battle of Hastings or even The Crusades had such a character - a definate traitor. Might I suggest in probing CL's mind. Tell her I sent you to "bug" her. ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 am
Turntable Jack says...

The hard part is that I need not a simple traitor, but someone who sort of went from one side to the other, with no real allegiance to anyone.

Could you elaborate on that a bit more and then I could possibly help. I don't fully understand what you mean :D

Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Minerva Scriptor says...

Okay, Here's an example:

Suppose somebody is spying on the French for the Germans. Then, suppose that the French offer him some reward for spying on the Germans, so he does that instead. Then maybe somebody else offers him more to spy on both the French and the Germans. The most important point is that he does not care who he works for, as long as he gets what he wants.

I obviously don't need something that specific, but something like that. I hope this helps.

Accept the Truth.

362 Reviews

Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:27 pm
Fishr says...

Except Arnold, no one else remotely fits that description or at least no one specific comes to mind.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 am
Minerva Scriptor says...

There is a chance Benedict Arnold might work after all. I'll have to do more research. If not, I may have to resort to combing through history books. I'm almost sure I can remember reading about such a person at some point.

Accept the Truth.

362 Reviews

Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:05 pm
Fishr says...

I remember a bit on Arnold if you find yourself stumped but there should be plenty of information out there regarding him. After all, America thinks he's one the greatest turncoats. I, on the other hand, disagree with America's white-washed opinions regarding "Benny."

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 am
kris says...

What about Guy Fawkes? One of the most infamous traitors of English history.
Rome has many, many well documented ( and high profile) traitors.

Love
Kris
x

362 Reviews

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:44 pm
Fishr says...

Well, that is true. Rome, Greece and Egypt never rang a bell. *shrugs*

Ramses III (though I think I misspelled his name) might be worth looking into. The whole Hebrew vs Equality debate; Jesus vs Ramses III might make a very good conterversial piece as well as a good read if you take the time to research in depth.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:23 am
kris says...

Check out some of the double dealings that went on in the Chinese imperial court, duing the Song dynasty...

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:14 pm
Medusa says...

Aldrich Ames was accused of espionage for the Soviets

Zebulon Pike's legacy has been marred by his connection to the Aaron Burr conspiracy.

Aaron Burr conspired to detach the Western states and the Louisiana Purchase from the United States and create his own empire.

Ethel and Julius Rosenberg were both executed for spying for the Soviets.

Benedict arnold, self explanatory

And you can always look for stuff in the bible.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher