z

Young Writers Society

Writer's Conferences

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm
TheWordsmith says...

I've heard in many different sources- Writer's Digest, various writing books- that every writer needs to go to a conference at least once in their life. Only problem is, every time I search for such a conference, I only find a few, and they are all for authors of books that I am not interested in writing. So, does anybody out in this vast society have any ideas for how I should choose a conference? Please help!
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I don't have any advice for you. Try agentquery.com - they have information on everything under the sun, so they probably have something on writers' conferences. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 pm
HC says...

The site, Lyrical Sunshine, is pretty good...but only seems to cater for America. Does anyone know any for the UK/England/London wherever?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 am
Avens Dolor says...

You might consider looking for agents that represent the type of writing you do and then finding out what conferences they attend. That way you know that the conference is legit and reputable and that it pertains to your genre/style.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:28 am
xxfourthelement says...

Try looking in Writer's Market for a writer's conference in your region. If you live in a large city/metro area, ask a librarian. If you live in New York City, there is probably one going on right now that you don't know about. I know that in NYC, there's a literary agency that holds writing conferences.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler