z

Young Writers Society

Ice Age

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 pm
Fire In Bleeding Hearts says...

I'm writing a story based on Dire Wolves, and they lived during the Ice Age. I know NOTHING about the Ice Age, so could anybody tell me about it?

I think there were multiple ones, so the one I want to know about is the most extrem one. Whatever one that is.
My writing is MY writing. If I don't follow your suggestions, yes they are suggestions not orders, deal with it. Bug me and you'll see why I warned you right now.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:48 pm
kris says...

Well for a start, there was much more land. In fact many ancient settlements have been found underwater several miles from the coast. This says that the sea levels must have been much lower - which makes sense.
Most of Europe and the north American continent was covered by an ice sheet. & None of the deserts that we know of today existed ...that is all i know.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 am
pegasi_quill says...

I presume you did do some research on the Internet, in books and all? That would probably be very helpful.

Looking at some history books will probably hep you too.

There was much more land, as kris said, the climate was much, much lower. The animals were different, people much more primitive (obviously). But I don't actually have any concrete info on it, sorry... all I can do to help is advise you to do some research.
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 pm
TheWordsmith says...

The Ice Age was cold. Sorry, just had to get that out of the way. :D Besides Dire Wolves, there were woolly mammoths and saber-tooth tigers wandering around and occasionally fighting each other. I don't know much more than that, other than about mammoths, which I happen to know a lot about, so if you need help with any woolly mammoths in your story, feel free to PM me.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -