z

Young Writers Society

Have you ever had your hair pulled?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm
Snoink says...

...no really. I've never really had my hair yanked before. What does it feel like?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 pm
Sureal says...

It hurts. A lot. My little sister seem to enjoy torturing me in this manner. I believe part of it comes down to your hair colour: darker hair tends to be stronger, so yanking on it hurts more (as it doesn't just snap, but pulls on the scalp more).

If you really want to know what it feels like, just ask someone to yank your hair for you. :)
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:27 pm
Snoink says...

But I don't wanna have my hair pulled! XD

Does it make tears come to your eyes and does it make you feel like you can't see very well?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 pm
Cade says...

Err, I suppose if you got it pulled really hard. Usually people just jerk it a little, and usually your head goes with it...but it doesn't hurt that much. I suppose if it was done really hard it might bring tears to your eyes. It's never happened to me even though I have a little brother!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 pm
Lilith says...

I'm sort of a freak when it comes to having my hair pulled (not like in fetishes or anything) but I have a special talent. I can pull hair out of my head at almost any spot and not feel a thing. Its crazy. But it developed from actually having my hair pulled a lot as a kid (i would trampoline wrestle with my guy friends back in elementary school.) Back then, it sort of depended on where you pulled the hair from. If you get those little ones near the base of your neck and near your ears, its hurts more, and I found that they are harder to get out, at least in clumps. But the stuff on the top and the crown of your head hurt way less and will normally pull the whole follicle out, but often give you whip lash.

Of course, just pulling on different parts of your hair, even a little will give you an idea.

p.s. guys do not find pulling big clumps of your own hair out of your head attractive.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:03 am
Clo says...

Having numerous little cousins and babysitting toddlers... my hair has been yanked. Very badly. :?

It hurts really because the thin skin of your scalp is being pulled up. Think about if anyone's ever pulled at your armhairs, and how it stings and you see your skin rise up (ew, I probably could describe that better). It stings, and it makes your eyes water, too. I think it hurts the most when they pull the hair on the top of the head, away from the hairlines, because there's so much of it there. :(

And if the person pulls hard enough, it can give you a throbbing headache.
How am I not myself?

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 am
Lynlyn says...

Yeah, it hurts a lot depending on the breadth of the area being pulled. I don't really know how to explain it. The areas that hurt the most are from the nape of your neck to the middle/crown of the head, I'd say. Areas by the ears and on the forehead are pretty solid. Have you never had your hair brushed by someone who's awful at it? Lucky. :P

It's actually not that bad when someone just pulls a) one or two hairs, because they come out, or b) a big fistful, because that just sorta pulls your scalp and generally your head goes with it. What's painful is when someone gets hold of something in between, just pulls on a few little bits of your hair - that's what's killer. If it gets stuck in a comb, or stuck to velcro, or something like that. One hair = not painful. Half the hair on your head = not painful. Someone dragging their fingers through your hair, catching it between their knuckles, and then pulling = oooouch.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:57 am
Meep says...

It hurts a lot. My hair used to go down to my waist and get tangled and pulled a lot. It hurts.

Unless someone's really yanking (eg: with the intention of ripping it out) as opposed to jut tugging like a kid does, smaller amounts of hair hurt more. Yank my whole ponytail and you'd pull my head back and it'd hurt a bit, but a little bit of hair caught in an elastic and pulling like that feels like being stabbed with hot little needles.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:46 am
Twit says...

Like Meep said, yank on the hair as a whole and it hardly hurts at all. Pulling out one single strand just hurts a tiny bit. It's when you grab a handful on top of your head that it hurts the most. It can give you a headache but it depends on where and how hard. I've never had my hair pulled hard enough to make my eyes water - it just hurts a bit like a pinch.

To experience the full effects, I suggest you yank your own hair yourself. :wink:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:24 pm
Dream Deep says...

Oh, when we were little, my brother and I would have all-out fist fights. It's true. Lots of kicking and flailing and hair-pulling. The hair-pulling was mostly at my expense, because my hair was quite long when I was little and I never had it tied back. Depending on the force of the yank, it hurts terribly. Gives you an instant headache, brings tears to your eyes; makes you surrender immediately, because your head just goes right with it and no one in their right mind would struggle when someone has a handful of their hair.

I think Sureal's right, about color dictating strength. Texture, too. I have light blond, thin hair. It's soft, but not strong, so it doesn't handle being yanked very well. I positively crumble.

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury