z

Young Writers Society

Magic, not only in books and movies?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 pm
Jon says...

Does magic really exist, i mean if you think about it, where DO the stories come from and all of the other unexplained things.

your jobs is to come up with theories and with research to back it up, this will be a tough answer to conquer because there really is no "proof" to do this with or a site about this and it has never been proved itself, so get researching :D !!!
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:28 pm
sofi says...

personally, i think that just because we (humans) haven't found a way to make magic doesnt mean that its not possible and that we should write it off as none-existant.

however, i don't think there's really any way of proving it either so it's just a question of what you believe i guess.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:43 pm
Rei says...

Someone once said that magic is simply science that we cannot explain. Think about it. A TV or cell phone would seem like magic to anyone who has never seen one.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:36 pm
sofi says...

Rei- exactly.

I don't know i think thats one of the reasons i hate my science lessons so much because we always get told that this this and this happens and that's just the way it is. It happens because it just does but WHY does it happen?

and whatever the reason is, then what's the reason for that? and so on. science can only go back so far, and explain so much

i have no idea if that made any sense whatsoever but i think that's the best i can explain what i mean...
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

I may just be crazy, but whenever I am out in the field at my great grandparent's I feel overwhelmed by this awesome force that seems just out of reach. =P Right about then I tend to start singing randomly. Also, not that this exactly touches on 'magic', but I did see a ghost there (seriously. I'm not even joking). o.O

I think there is plenty of magic around us, it just depends on how you define 'magic' and if you can accept that it hides in our every day life. I personally can't accept that there aren't mysteries in this world that science can't explain.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle